Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Track day: Mission Raceways (video)

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2011, 01:44 AM
Turn3 Autosport
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Have a great time! That sounds like a super trip!

Roland is a good customer, great guy and fast driver. We too have not been able to hook up with their events at ORP, depsite Allan's pressure! It is on our list of places to visit. Just need to get the 996 race car finished so we can tow that down instead of the Cayman.....

We have tried hard over the last couple of years to put a road trip type package together where drivers could attend events at Mission, Seattle, Portland and ORP and then at least one repeat visit on the way back north. The dates just have not worked out. We were even planning to provide car transport for those that needed it. Maybe next year!

Cheers
Old 09-09-2011, 02:08 AM
AllanJ
Rennlist Member

Jeff: Thanks. You are too kind. Huge thanks to you and Steve for putting on a great track day (as usual). Thanks also for supplying the Pagid pads that helped make my day. Yeah, I'm pretty happy with the lap time and also knowing that the car is good for more - I just need to spend more time with Kees to help extract all I can from it.

Hiring a driving coach was the single best decision I've ever made with this car.

btw, when are you heading down to ORP?

Cheers,
Old 09-09-2011, 02:14 AM
Turn3 Autosport
Former Vendor

Soon...... I know I can`t find soon in my calendar, but soon......
Old 09-09-2011, 03:43 AM
Basal Skull
Rennlist Member

Received 24 Likes on 14 Posts

Thanx again for another great day Jeff. Car ran well but the heat probably sapped quite a bit of power out of my old turbo. Could really feel the difference with the longer sessions. My AIT's were up in the mid 50's (celsius) in the afternoon. It must have been 30 celsius ambient? I don't think anyone but Allan and the orange gt3rs (oh and the cup car) passed me but my faster laps were only 1:18's. My OBD2 reader indicated 188km/hr in the front straight but it reads low since I have larger than stock tires. Will have to work on turn 3 a little more with the suggestions you gave me Allan!
Old 09-09-2011, 10:43 AM
AllanJ
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Basal Skull
My OBD2 reader indicated 188km/hr in the front straight but it reads low since I have larger than stock tires. Will have to work on turn 3 a little more with the suggestions you gave me Allan!
On my best lap my OBD2 said I hit 174.7 km/h and gps was 185.9 km/h. Stock rear tire size is 295/30/18 and I'm running 315/30/18. I need more power.

Have fun playing with turn 3. When you get the timing right it'll smooth out that "ski jump" and you can get more of that 8000HP you have down on the pavement with less risk of getting loose. You will feel a difference.

Cheers,
Old 09-09-2011, 01:33 PM
Targa Tim
Rennlist Member

Received 81 Likes on 32 Posts

Too bad I miss a track day at Mission. Caught up by busy work, and MPSC quite worn out on RS. Will get new tires and get proper setup for next season. Still hoping to achieve a 1:16.
Old 09-09-2011, 05:53 PM
AllanJ
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Targa Tim
Too bad I miss a track day at Mission. Caught up by busy work, and MPSC quite worn out on RS. Will get new tires and get proper setup for next season. Still hoping to achieve a 1:16.
1:16 will be a piece of cake in your car. Hire a driving coach and you'll get there in no time.
Old 09-09-2011, 06:34 PM
Targa Tim
Rennlist Member

Received 81 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by AllanJ
1:16 will be a piece of cake in your car. Hire a driving coach and you'll get there in no time.
Thanks Allan.

Last time when Kees was instructing me, I spun a 270 degrees coming out of turn 9...totally my fault. I was focussing on what he was saying while my right foot kept squeezing hard on the gas pedal. I will try coaching again when I think I'm ready.
Old 09-11-2011, 12:58 PM
Cheyne
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I squeezed a 1:14.7 on dead tires in 2 laps as i had been booted for decibel level as soon as i pulled out. Mission is a little narrow, i think its a great drivers ed track. Lets face it, anytime you can track your car is a good time no matter what.
Jeff, we have another Blitzkrieg/P train day on the 19/20. You should come out
Old 09-11-2011, 08:56 PM
AllanJ
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Cheyne
I squeezed a 1:14.7 on dead tires in 2 laps as i had been booted for decibel level as soon as i pulled out. Mission is a little narrow, i think its a great drivers ed track. Lets face it, anytime you can track your car is a good time no matter what.
Jeff, we have another Blitzkrieg/P train day on the 19/20. You should come out
You need to bring along a "Mission" version of your exhaust for your cup car.

It was fun trying to catch you and then for half a second I was happy as I saw that I was getting closer....but then you pulled into the pits. I need more power, and less weight, and more skill....

Quick Reply: Track day: Mission Raceways (video)