Notices
997 GT2/GT3 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

http://www.porscheworldroadshowusa.com, Boxster Spyder and Cayman R...

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2011, 11:16 PM
stevecolletti
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks for the reports on the Cayman R. Makes me feel better about my order.
Old 05-18-2011, 12:09 AM
4porsh
Three Wheelin'

Received 42 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by aussie jimmy
l like the cayman r, looks like a very cool package. how were the brakes?: they look a little small.
Brakes worked fine on the R. My friend just bought the R a few weeks ago and had a Cayman S before that. Worked fine on track so I would expect the R to be the same if not better.
Old 05-18-2011, 01:12 AM
Bford100
Rennlist Member

Received 57 Likes on 27 Posts

I did the LA event. Drove my GT3 for a quick one hour ride to Auto Club Speedway in Fontana. It was ok, the Autocross was too short, but did enjoy the Boxter S and speedster, never got to the Cayman R... the line was always too long!

Then to the other track where we followed the leader, in my group I was odd man out so I didn't have to have a passenger and switch positions each lap, so I got more time!! Followed the instructor in the Turbo S first. What amazed me though was how many idiots get out there and don’t listen to the simple instructions "stay three to four car lengths from lead car". If they did we would have had higher speeds and more fun. Some of these guys show up with their heavily augmented chicks (lips/breasts) and let them drive....screwed up the whole deal. Some idiot with his chick actually tried to pass the instructor!!! I then got in that car and the radio was blasting…… Then there were a couple of M3 guys testing out the P cars too.

Anyway, good for Porsche factory for letting us bury the throttle a few times for free. They must have gone through a lot of tires....

One thing I will do is the Porsche Driving School in Alabam. Top notch and great instructors. Going in Sept.
Old 05-18-2011, 01:19 AM
ADias
Nordschleife Master

Received 396 Likes on 271 Posts

I drove the Spyder and the Cayman R on Wed at Candlestick. I felt both were quite similar, but only a longer test can flesh the differences. For a convertible fan the Spyder is a sweet machine.
Old 05-18-2011, 01:23 AM
ADias
Nordschleife Master

Received 396 Likes on 271 Posts

Originally Posted by Joe S.
I thought we were going to get to try the GTS, with instructor driving the Turbo S, so I walked over to get in it, no dice! lol! Two lead cars...
The GTS was stick... one of the instructors said that they had it for testing at Fontana and the clutch was fried in the first morning. And he commented: "They all say they can drive stick... but they don't". I tend to agree.

Quick Reply: http://www.porscheworldroadshowusa.com, Boxster Spyder and Cayman R...