Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

The Speed Gallery,...

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2011, 06:21 PM
SSTHO
Burning Brakes

Received 149 Likes on 45 Posts
Default The Speed Gallery,...

Anyone in CA know or have dealt with this shop? Feedback appreciated.
Old 05-16-2011, 06:41 PM
jrgordonsenior
Nordschleife Master

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Ahh I have a little experience with Dan and his shop since he built my car for me (see avatar). He builds a good product and stands behind his work. He's built most of the Spec Boxster's in So Cal and now has many cup customers since he's been winning that series the past 2 years. At Willow Springs 2 weekends ago several cup car were having trouble with their setups. Dan worked into Sat. night at the track realigning 3 or 4 cups for drivers that weren't previously his customers. Like any shop he can get too busy, but my car's never not been ready the day before a race weekend.

What are you looking to build, buy, sell?.....

JRG
Old 05-16-2011, 06:42 PM
tcsracing1
Rennlist Member

Received 258 Likes on 172 Posts

not sure of that shop, however 15 minutes away is Werks II.

Werks II is very knowledgeable on GT3 porsches. They prepped my RS#2569 and i was very satisfied.

Werks II Motorsport, Chestnut Street, Burbank, CA, United States

http://www.werks2.com/
Old 05-16-2011, 07:14 PM
SSTHO
Burning Brakes

JR - good to hear. I'm a bit concerned over an item I have a pending Paypal refund on. However, hearing they have done some good work gives me a bit more confidence.

I ordered a Tequipment roll bar from them and was willing to pay their price on the condition if they would send out next day so I would have enough time to have Fordahl install it for my trackday this Thurs. I bought the item after he agreed to this. I didn't get a shipping notice, phone call, e-mail confirmation within a week. So, I called him back a week after and Daniel told me that the item had not been shipped yet. Then he tried 2 day shipping to get it to Fordahl in time, but no shipper could get it done. His response: "I don't know what to say."

Sh*t happens, not the end of the world. I told him we'll move on and needed a refund. That was last Thursday and he agreed. Now I was supposed to get my refund Friday. I have seen nothing and no response from them today after an e-mail. They have not been very good getting back to me and I've ordered the Euro club sport bar from FVD.

I hate being out of money for no reason especially when I have been very polite and understanding about the situation. Extra time wasted and I want to use my Paypal USD balance for other items. This is an unnecessary hold-up with poor communication.

Not quite sure what to do,... I'll give them the end of tomorrow before looking for other options.

Any assistance is appreciated.
Old 05-16-2011, 07:21 PM
DD GT3 RD
Rennlist Member

Received 512 Likes on 217 Posts

they installed springs on my c2s cab, dan was a nice guy, only hear good things about them
Old 05-16-2011, 07:39 PM
SSTHO
Burning Brakes

Thanks Sam - another good vote of confidence. I think Dan and Daniel are different people - but I don't know that for sure. Their receptionist April asked me which one I am asking for.

More importantly - When are you getting back in a GT3?! I bit the bullet and the GT2 seats, Tarret rear toe links and locking plates, along with a track alignment and corner balancing are getting done early this week at Fordahl Motorsports. The Euro club sport OEM roll bar to come - harnesses and 6pt harnesses are awaiting... the car's been perfect - thanks again!
Old 05-16-2011, 08:03 PM
GTgears
Nordschleife Master

Received 119 Likes on 83 Posts

They're one of my dealers and I've never had a complaint from any of the motorsports customers that they've done LSD rebuilds, regears, or ring and pinion installations on. I'm kind of picky who I do business with because I expect the retailers to represent my brand well with customer service and aftersales support. A lot of you guys do business with me directly on the LSD rebuild program, but I am 90% or more a wholesale operation.

I'm suspecting your situation is the exception, and not the rule to how they do business. It's the time of year when little things sometimes fall through the cracks while scrambling to get cars prepped and off to the races. I know that I've been guilty of it once or twice. I like to remember that we're human and make mistakes. What defines us is what we do once the mistake is discovered.
Old 05-16-2011, 08:11 PM
SSTHO
Burning Brakes

Agreed - I don't think much of this transaction. Daniel apologized and didn't make up any excuses. I just want to move on with life and get things settled. Even better to hear your relationship with them.

Thanks guys - you have been a great resource once again.
Old 05-16-2011, 11:04 PM
mobonic
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Dan is a great stand up guy, and don't worry you will get your tied up money back.

Warning: Incoming Rant!!!! (not towards you directly SSTHO..)

I have to say.. I have issues with selling on these forums and ebay too, where people think that the world will stop turning and drop everything else that is going on to make sure shipments go out the second paypal is received.

Most of us have other jobs and businesses to run and some times things take time...especially shipping a roll bar as you have to get a company to AGREE to take it and its usually only ground freight company's do and it could take 6+ hours of your time to coordinate the shipment on a sale you are loosing money on already. And you have to deal with phone calls and emails daily from the buyer wanting a status update.

Im at the point that I rather give stuff away than sell them and have to deal with ebay and forum buyers and their complaints because the brakes lights I sold them for $50..did not ship until 72 hours after the auction ended,... and now they want a refund because a 48 hour delay is "unacceptable".

Now I only sell stuff locally if I can.
Old 05-16-2011, 11:57 PM
jrgordonsenior
Nordschleife Master

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by SSTHO
Any assistance is appreciated.
Already made that call.....
Old 05-17-2011, 12:04 AM
P.J.S.
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It's a blessing in disguise as now you get a club sport bar in lieu of the teq bar

With all that has been said here, I am hopeful your refund is forthcoming and when all the dust settles you will be happier with the cs bar
Old 05-17-2011, 01:20 AM
tcsracing1
Rennlist Member

Received 258 Likes on 172 Posts

Originally Posted by PJS996GT3
It's a blessing in disguise as now you get a club sport bar in lieu of the teq bar

With all that has been said here, I am hopeful your refund is forthcoming and when all the dust settles you will be happier with the cs bar
clubsport bar is sexier then tequipment bar
Old 05-17-2011, 01:31 AM
SSTHO
Burning Brakes

Thanks JR! PM sent.
Old 05-17-2011, 02:08 AM
P.J.S.
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by tcsracing1
clubsport bar is sexier then tequipment bar