The Speed Gallery,...

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2011, 06:33 AM
BBMGT3
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by mobonic
Dan is a great stand up guy, and don't worry you will get your tied up money back.

Warning: Incoming Rant!!!! (not towards you directly SSTHO..)

I have to say.. I have issues with selling on these forums and ebay too, where people think that the world will stop turning and drop everything else that is going on to make sure shipments go out the second paypal is received.

Most of us have other jobs and businesses to run and some times things take time...especially shipping a roll bar as you have to get a company to AGREE to take it and its usually only ground freight company's do and it could take 6+ hours of your time to coordinate the shipment on a sale you are loosing money on already. And you have to deal with phone calls and emails daily from the buyer wanting a status update.

Im at the point that I rather give stuff away than sell them and have to deal with ebay and forum buyers and their complaints because the brakes lights I sold them for $50..did not ship until 72 hours after the auction ended,... and now they want a refund because a 48 hour delay is "unacceptable".

Now I only sell stuff locally if I can.

Am probably guilty of being a customer that you dislike :-)

Mostly though its a matter of standards - since I run my own business as well I recognize that a lot of these shops are independent and people trying to make a living, and so I am happier to buy from an individual. I rarely argue price, your quote is your quote, nor do I argue shipping; if you say 1 week, its 1 week +- 1 or 2 days. If you say 1 month, its a month.

I had a horrific experience with one supposedly renowned shop and will never use them again - incorrect billing, 6 weeks late, bizarre shiping method, ignoring calls/emails.

When things go pear shaped thats what differentiates one shop from the next. If there is a major delay and you wait for the customer to ask, then its your mistake. If you over-promise and can't deliver, again its your mistake.

Reality is that anyone driving one of these cars has had some level of success in their life and therefore is likely to be somewhat demanding....
Old 05-17-2011, 11:32 AM
996FLT6
Rennlist Member

Received 247 Likes on 203 Posts

I sold my dasport bar to a fellow rennlister. What a pita to pack that thing but it was done. I like to keep buyer updated especially if I'm holding their spent dollars. He got it for peanuts literally- alot of it : ). Mike
Old 05-17-2011, 01:53 PM
jrgordonsenior
Nordschleife Master

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by richk
Dan is fine but...

socal = GMG

norcal = Sharkwerks
OK now that's just silly. There are many great shops in both So Cal and Nor Cal. Along with Sharky, the quality of work TC does is also first class. Take a look at Mooty's car some time.

Down here GMG, Hergisheimer, 911 Design, Werks II, Callas Rennsport, Truespeed, and Speed Gallery all do great work. I could document at least one unhappy customer for each of those shops in seconds but what's the point?

You're entitled to your opinion, but I seriously doubt you have the experience to justify publicising it.

By my own hand,

John Gordon
Old 05-17-2011, 02:01 PM
richk
Drifting

Received 883 Likes on 366 Posts

Not to start a battle with you jr...but I have used Dan and GMG for the following cars also had Sharkwerks bypass on both of my GT3's. Just stating personal preference not sure why your getting so upset!!!

996TT
997TT cab
997GT3
997GT3RS
R8V10
430 scud
Old 05-17-2011, 04:33 PM
GTgears
Nordschleife Master

Received 120 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by jrgordonsenior
OK now that's just silly. There are many great shops in both So Cal and Nor Cal. Along with Sharky, the quality of work TC does is also first class. Take a look at Mooty's car some time.

Down here GMG, Hergisheimer, 911 Design, Werks II, Callas Rennsport, Truespeed, and Speed Gallery all do great work. I could document at least one unhappy customer for each of those shops in seconds but what's the point?

You're entitled to your opinion, but I seriously doubt you have the experience to justify publicising it.

By my own hand,

John Gordon
Don't forget Rob@ S-Car-Go, Matt Lowrance and Reno Rennsport, Ron Kain at IPB, and Jerry Woods and Rich Walton at JWE/Smart Racing when looking at the Nor-Cal crew. I agree that claiming one shop p0wns all is kind of silly.

You California kids don't know how good you've got it. We've got maybe 3 or 4 shops in our whole damn state that I'd trust to do high end work on a GT3 or Cup Car. If I still lived in Berkeley, I'd have 4 top notch shops I could spit on...
Old 05-17-2011, 05:05 PM
mobonic
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by jrgordonsenior

By my own hand,

John Gordon
I agree with JR and Matt 100%

So many GREAT shops in SoCal, and I think just stating 1-2 as the end all is rubbish. They might be YOUR favorite but any one of the shops Matt and JR stated I would trust with my car anytime.

Don't get brainwashed with marketing.. but we all have our favorites.. lets just not try to force them on others.
Old 05-17-2011, 06:47 PM
SSTHO
Burning Brakes

Received 150 Likes on 45 Posts

Daniel did give me a call back and left me a message that he was experiencing some issues with Paypal and will have my refund shortly. Will update when $ is back in my account. Good to know others here would recommend Speed Gallery and have good things to say about them.
Old 05-18-2011, 01:30 AM
porka
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You guys are forgetting TC Design.. they do some awesome custom roll bars!
Old 05-18-2011, 02:39 AM
Laguna_Dude
Burning Brakes

Received 92 Likes on 33 Posts

Don't forget BBI and Stuttgart/RSS.... I prefer GMG and BBI. But all these shops are legit. For me it depends on rapport, how much care the shop shows for my rides and the end results. But these days I am done modding street cars.

Last edited by Laguna_Dude; 05-18-2011 at 11:23 PM.
Old 05-18-2011, 03:20 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,735 Likes on 2,347 Posts

Originally Posted by PJS996GT3
Teq bar = fully cloaked Harry potter geeky chick
Cs bar = topless hot chick
Cs bar with front half = champagne room on someone else's credit card
i am the fully cloaked geek chic type of guy.
once undressed, u see all, what's the fun.
Old 05-18-2011, 04:00 AM
aussie jimmy
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

so what is the ruf integrated cage?
krug room with bonus partagas cigars, intelligent company and all compliments of the house?

Quick Reply: The Speed Gallery,...