Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Seats & Harness' Again

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2011, 12:06 PM
996toomey
Three Wheelin'

Received 46 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by 79 911SC
Sorry I couldn't give up the seats and bar 996Toomey. New seats/bar look great, I'm glad you finally got that done. And thanks for the info on the seatbelt chime! Hope we can do a track day together sometime.

Thank you. Your car looks great!
Old 06-04-2011, 12:16 PM
996toomey
Three Wheelin'

Received 46 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by mdrums
really? I'd love to believe that and have it in writing but a personal injury attorney (don't we have some on this forum that could chime in?) and my State Farm insurance agent told me otherwise. Us on these forums thinking this is all BS and what could be a ruling in the court of law is something I can't $$$afford$$$ to chance.

If this is indeed true that the thorax seat side impact air bags are not part of the cars air bag system and disabling them or as the lawyer called it tamper with them is BS I could be saved a heck of a lot of money. Too many people in the know have told me otherwise.
I meant this thread more for information on different seat options, bar options what not to forget etc.

People will sue, insurance companies will attempt to deny, car manufacturers will try to deny warranty claims for unrelated reasons and so on. This is the world we live in. Along those lines putting in a roll bar (not DOT approved for street use) will probably cause the same concerns if someone were to come in contact with it on the street without a helmet.

Probably need a new thread to discuss these potential challenges.

Quick Reply: Seats & Harness' Again