Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

GT2 RS Lucky SOB

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2011, 01:16 AM
Carrera GT
Wordsmith
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

The driver in the red GT2 RS is all over the place and completely lost -- off the line and then lifts and only because he's already slowed to a walking pace, the incipient rotation doesn't have enough momentum to carry the car off into the walls.

Here's the pro driver video again:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOtE_x4zJj4

Here's a snapshot sequence showing where the pro driver is at the end of the inside berm (this is also the point on the track where the amateur in the red car has already started to squeal tires in that video) then applies a little more throttle to catch the rotation of the car, then completes the slide, regains traction and never throws the car to the inside of the line (never risks a tank slapper ... this is the key to keeping a 911 "hooked up" ... in my humble.)
Attached Images     
Old 04-28-2011, 02:18 AM
Laguna_Dude
Burning Brakes

Received 92 Likes on 33 Posts

IMO, he encountered a little throttle oversteer on the exit and instead of staying on-power and countering, he lifted, causing the spin. Pretty typical reaction if driver has limited experience. But at those speeds, it takes a lot of practice to finesse through an "oh-****" moment. Lucky SOB regardless....

Last edited by Laguna_Dude; 04-28-2011 at 04:20 AM.
Old 04-28-2011, 02:20 AM
Laguna_Dude
Burning Brakes

Received 92 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by aussie jimmy
nearly became a parts bin exercise.
Classic!
Old 04-28-2011, 05:57 AM
rost12
Racer

Received 224 Likes on 77 Posts

Yeah, the Red car's line was too tight through there, he did not let it track out enough.

However, let's not go bashing that lucky sob, so he's no "pro", but at least he's got the ***** to take his shiny new hella expensive porker out on the scary bit of asphalt called Nordschleife and drive it in some anger.
Old 04-28-2011, 01:51 PM
Carrera GT
Wordsmith
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by rost12
Yeah, the Red car's line was too tight through there, he did not let it track out enough.

However, let's not go bashing that lucky sob, so he's no "pro", but at least he's got the ***** to take his shiny new hella expensive porker out on the scary bit of asphalt called Nordschleife and drive it in some anger.
Nothing personal -- I'm quite capable of an equally woeful fumble. The driver pressed a button he shouldn't touch -- "SC" -- and I imagine he has learned that lesson.
Old 04-29-2011, 06:55 AM
GT2rainge
Racer

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Definately exited the corner to tight, I find if you let itrun wide on the exit there is an extra rumble strip you can use which is cambered correctly and the car feels much better on it, he did do well though not to park it in the Armco.
I seen that car in thecar park as I was there all weekend, I have to say big respect to him for using it as intended. He looked like he was driving it hard and when I was looking around it in the carpark I seen the ceramics were destroyed especially the rears with the round wear indicators showing

Quick Reply: GT2 RS Lucky SOB