Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2011, 04:55 PM
savyboy
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default GT2RS Track Pics and Video

Fun times at Thunderhill.

More at http://www.gt2gt3cup.org/showthread.php?t=125

Photos thanks to Dito Milian/GotBlueMilkphotography.com. As always awesome shots from the lensmaster.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LprL3Atxf14
Attached Images    

Last edited by savyboy; 04-23-2011 at 08:57 PM.
Old 04-23-2011, 05:00 PM
996FLT6
Rennlist Member

Received 247 Likes on 203 Posts

Sweet!! Can't wait to get back on track. What laptimes were u doing in that red beast : )? Mike
Old 04-23-2011, 05:31 PM
savyboy
Drifting

Originally Posted by 996FLT6
Sweet!! Can't wait to get back on track. What laptimes were u doing in that red beast : )? Mike
Looking forward to seeing you back on track Mike! Remember, street tires and I am a mid-pack driver at best: Mid 2:03's
Old 04-23-2011, 05:52 PM
OldGuy
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 51 Likes on 11 Posts

PRetty much the best ever looking 911 I have ever seen given what I know is inside the package.
Old 04-23-2011, 06:21 PM
TeamDrugMoney
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I like the shot with the tire lifting up! What a great looking 911 you have there Sir! Enjoy it.

Must be some acceleration you get out of that. I was just at VIR and there was a guy with a GT2 out and man did he pull on the straights! Really cool stuff there with those turbos can do.
Old 04-23-2011, 06:56 PM
sin911
Rennlist Member

Received 726 Likes on 439 Posts

Nice driving Savy! Looks really fast

How many days of De have you done with the GT2 RS? You seem really comfortable!
Old 04-23-2011, 08:52 PM
savyboy
Drifting

Originally Posted by OldGuy
PRetty much the best ever looking 911 I have ever seen given what I know is inside the package.
With the carbon pieces I freely admit I like all four color choices: back/red/white/silver. I don't know why but all have more presence when seen in person.

Originally Posted by TeamDrugMoney
I like the shot with the tire lifting up! What a great looking 911 you have there Sir! Enjoy it.

Must be some acceleration you get out of that. I was just at VIR and there was a guy with a GT2 out and man did he pull on the straights! Really cool stuff there with those turbos can do.
Yeah, I think one of the better shots too

There was a friend at my event with a GT2 as well and he is a very good driver and he said (as best I recall, correct me if wrong Rod!) that I fairly easily pulled away from him in the straights.

But, yes, it is very helpful to have it pointed in the direction you want to go before you press the throttle to the floor

But I made up the most time on other cars in the brake zones. I could easily gain 3, 5 even 7 car lengths in high speed brake zones on other cars. The light weight combined with rear weight distribution results in some mind bending scrubbing of speed.

Originally Posted by sin911
Nice driving Savy! Looks really fast

How many days of De have you done with the GT2 RS? You seem really comfortable!
Thanks Sin! It felt really fast! Lol. I have two days at Laguna Seca on this car from 4 weeks ago. Have not had this car on this track before this event.

1200 miles on the odo when I loaded it to come home. So that would be 450 miles of street and 750 miles of track so far. The car is being properly broken in (and exactly how I always break in a new car).

PS- for those wanting an idea of the acceleration of this thing under WOT, look at the end of the video as I am accelerating onto the straight. Time how long I am in 4th gear on my way to 5th. By my count I am in 4th for approx 2.5 seconds. Holy crap!
Old 04-23-2011, 11:45 PM
24Chromium
Drifting

Received 25 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by savyboy
Remember, street tires and I am a mid-pack driver at best: Mid 2:03's
Come on Pete! You are sandbagging us!!! Hell, I was turning the same times last fall in Gisele with worn street tires and a shot diffy! How much more hp does your red widowmaker have over Gisele? LOL
Old 04-23-2011, 11:48 PM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,700 Likes on 2,342 Posts

pete, come down to PCA GGR next weekend.
there will also be a club race.
Old 04-24-2011, 12:30 AM
996FLT6
Rennlist Member

Received 247 Likes on 203 Posts

^I smell your stripper will do high 1:56 low 1:57 over the top with Ggr this weekend : ). I'm hoping to do low to mid 1:58 over the top when car is completed. Cannot wait to see the usual suspects this summer : ). Mike
Old 04-24-2011, 12:38 AM
sin911
Rennlist Member

Received 726 Likes on 439 Posts

Thanks Sin! It felt really fast! Lol. I have two days at Laguna Seca on this car from 4 weeks ago. Have not had this car on this track before this event.

1200 miles on the odo when I loaded it to come home. So that would be 450 miles of street and 750 miles of track so far. The car is being properly broken in (and exactly how I always break in a new car).

PS- for those wanting an idea of the acceleration of this thing under WOT, look at the end of the video as I am accelerating onto the straight. Time how long I am in 4th gear on my way to 5th. By my count I am in 4th for approx 2.5 seconds. Holy crap!
That's one way to break her in

From what I've read in the magazines the car is freaky fast with a crazy torque to pull you out of turns or put you in a very difficult position on any road or track

As you get more accustomed to the car the times will drop further down for sure. Cheers
Old 04-24-2011, 12:40 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,700 Likes on 2,342 Posts

Originally Posted by 996FLT6
^I smell your stripper will do high 1:56 low 1:57 over the top with Ggr this weekend : ). I'm hoping to do low to mid 1:58 over the top when car is completed. Cannot wait to see the usual suspects this summer : ). Mike
if i get everything perfect, yeah.
but it will have just been patched up from last week's smoke scare.
we'll see.
Old 04-24-2011, 03:28 AM
Carrera GT
Wordsmith
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Up on three over a berm in a 997 GT2 RS. Looks like fun.

But 2:02 at Thunderhill? You need to get that rocket down in the mid :45's ...
Old 04-24-2011, 10:45 AM
savyboy
Drifting

Originally Posted by 24Chromium
Come on Pete! You are sandbagging us!!! Hell, I was turning the same times last fall in Gisele with worn street tires and a shot diffy! How much more hp does your red widowmaker have over Gisele? LOL
Lol... No sandbags, my best times were last 3 laps of last session on last day, so for me a learning curve. I need to follow you and learn the "good" line!

Coming to GG PCA next weekend?

Originally Posted by mooty
pete, come down to PCA GGR next weekend.
there will also be a club race.
Planned long ago, see you there John. Bringing my stripper, albeit on street tires. Super stoked.

Swapping the MovIt rotors from the 2RS to the 3RS for the GG event so I can continue to hammer them and see how they hold up. Modulation is so much different than OE PCCB rotors. Love the new ones.

Originally Posted by Carrera GT
But 2:02 at Thunderhill? You need to get that rocket down in the mid :45's ...
Lol, likely possible with some honking huge slicks. Don't think physics would allow on MPSC's. But I would pay to see it done on street tires (not in my car however...)
Old 04-24-2011, 11:28 AM
savyboy
Drifting

I wanted to thank Robb Todd and his awesome BR Racing crew for the invite to pit with them Friday and for the assistance in adjusting the sways, tire pressures and cleaning the freaking bugs off the windshield.

BR Racing in Los Gatos CA offers trackside support and from everything I have seen are very good at track set-up. Robb is a fast rascal on track and knows the Porsche tips and tricks. Thanks guys!
Attached Images   

Quick Reply: GT2RS Track Pics and Video