Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

GT2RS Track Pics and Video

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2011, 06:35 PM
1198r
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Pete - nice vid and pics.

I am curious - hyperthetically it's your last day on this wonderful earth and you are granted one more track day, location of your choice. You have a choice of two cars - either your GT2RS or GT3RS. Where would you go, what car would you take and why?
Old 04-24-2011, 08:29 PM
savyboy
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Oh My, what an interesting question.

Reno-fernley A configuration
GT3RS

4.1 mile course with constant elevation change, tight and technical and fast straights, blind corners, Nevada wild horses roaming around. Safe enough to avoid risking ending life any quicker than in your scenario.

My 3RS project car because I love how I have it set up currently. The Intrax and Tarett suspension has transformed it into a go-kart. The Akropovic exhaust race configuration is insanely good to listen to. The smaller Personal steering wheel is perfect for tight tracks and makes the OE wheel feel like driving a bus. The MovIt rotors provide excellent modulation vs OE PCCB. It is simply a ball to drive. Everything about it is a full-on visceral experience.

Old 04-24-2011, 09:05 PM
wanna911
Race Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

How about SPA in the 2RS? That has to be tempting.
Old 04-24-2011, 09:25 PM
Izzone
Nordschleife Master

Received 293 Likes on 148 Posts

Pete......when are you shipping one of them to Florida to do Sebring with us

how bout winterfest in 2012?
Old 04-25-2011, 09:08 AM
1198r
Pro

Glad you didn't mind me asking the question.

I knew it

Don't get me wrong, I think the GT2RS is like the second coming, it's just the 3RS is creator himself

I am grateful I asked the question as I am now going to pm you about the suspension upgrades to your car.

Originally Posted by savyboy
Oh My, what an interesting question.

Reno-fernley A configuration
GT3RS

4.1 mile course with constant elevation change, tight and technical and fast straights, blind corners, Nevada wild horses roaming around. Safe enough to avoid risking ending life any quicker than in your scenario.

My 3RS project car because I love how I have it set up currently. The Intrax and Tarett suspension has transformed it into a go-kart. The Akropovic exhaust race configuration is insanely good to listen to. The smaller Personal steering wheel is perfect for tight tracks and makes the OE wheel feel like driving a bus. The MovIt rotors provide excellent modulation vs OE PCCB. It is simply a ball to drive. Everything about it is a full-on visceral experience.

Old 04-25-2011, 02:03 PM
quickxotica
Rennlist Member

Received 189 Likes on 85 Posts

See all you guys this weekend at GGR's TH event.

Pete, nice job bringing that wonderful car the track. Gorgeous, especially in red. I'm sure you're still taking it easy (so would I), especially since it's so new and it looks like you had a chilly day. I would be leaving a nice safe margin for error everywhere if it were mine. Only sensible.

BTW, to blow your mind a little bit, try synching up the 0:00 laptimer marks in these two and them playing them side-by-side. Mine is on the right: MPSC tires, 3,000 lbs, X74 suspension & GT3 LCAs for about -2.5F/-2.3R camber. Otherwise all stock '03 996 C2. The stickier 18" cup tires (and the warmer weather) are definitely helping me through the slower first half of the track. To my surprise I don't think we ever swap the lead on the later straights. It looks like you are squaring off T5 too much and could hit a few apexes tighter, both of which would help straighten out the track enabling higher minimum speeds.

See you this weekend.
John - PCA GGR CDI

Old 04-25-2011, 08:06 PM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,701 Likes on 2,342 Posts

John uust b the youngest CDI of all PCA?!
congrsts
Old 04-26-2011, 02:12 AM
aussie jimmy
Rennlist Member

and i think he needs to be promoted to the fastest run-group..
Old 04-26-2011, 01:30 PM
savyboy
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by quickxotica
See all you guys this weekend at GGR's TH event.

Pete, nice job bringing that wonderful car the track. Gorgeous, especially in red. I'm sure you're still taking it easy (so would I), especially since it's so new and it looks like you had a chilly day. I would be leaving a nice safe margin for error everywhere if it were mine. Only sensible.

It looks like you are squaring off T5 too much and could hit a few apexes tighter, both of which would help straighten out the track enabling higher minimum speeds.

See you this weekend.
John - PCA GGR CDI
Are you the John that rode with me last year at Buttonwillow in the 3RS? If so, hello and thanks for the good coaching!

No doubt I am working on using more of the apexes. Will be practicing that this weekend T5, as you will see, now has a bump outside of the apex, so my choice was to square the corner and keep tire on the ground and PSM from intervening, or upsetting the car and having PSM shut the throttle. A couple cars (one was a 458!) were hitting the bump/apex and spun down the hill (one here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFORxLQEcQ8)

Originally Posted by aussie jimmy
and i think he needs to be promoted to the fastest run-group..
Lol...
Old 04-26-2011, 02:13 PM
quickxotica
Rennlist Member

Received 189 Likes on 85 Posts

Hi Pete. No I was not the John who rode with you are BW last year... but you and I spent a fair amount of time following eachother around that weekend. I was in the black 996 aero picture below. You may remember we exchanged a few PMs afterward b/c I had some video of you on track that I shared with you.

A new bump at T5, huh? That should be exciting. I'll be sure to check it out when we do the orientation track-walk with all the new students on Thursday & Friday nights.
Thanks a lot for the warning.

See you up there!

Quick Reply: GT2RS Track Pics and Video