Notices
997 GT2/GT3 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Porsches' Exploding Batteries - be Warned!

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2011, 09:11 AM
ATL Fahrer
Rennlist Member

Received 94 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by Larry Cable
I know I will regret asking this.
Story of my life...
Old 04-07-2011, 09:22 AM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,630 Likes on 2,357 Posts

Originally Posted by ATL Fahrer
Story of my life...
I think I am about to share your pain!
Old 04-07-2011, 12:22 PM
amaist
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kevin1244
If I were to file a lawsuit, I am sure Porsche would respond differently, before anything ending up in the court. I was the one who brought to bear the rod-bearing issue with e46 M3's (and all M3 owners - I think 2001-mid 2002 - mine is an early 2001) got 100,000 miles warranty on their cars because how I forced the issue into BMW's throat. The M3 issue was a more significant issue and required real action and I took care of it, for all us M3 owners.
Huh?

I am certain you are not the only one who forced BMW to face the issue.

I was following the issue very closely back then. (Ex 2003 E46 M3 owner).

Initially BMW did try to blame the owners for mis-shifting but when the SMG cars started blowing up they couldn't do it anymore.

The issue affected cars around the world and there were plenty of owners complaining. There were too many cars that were affected in a very big way. Once the cause was well established they did apply the fix. I got a free oil change and a free tank of gas out of it (helps to read internal memos posted on message boards ).
Old 04-07-2011, 12:28 PM
kevin1244
Instructor

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by amaist
Huh?

I am certain you are not the only one who forced BMW to face the issue.

I was following the issue very closely back then. (Ex 2003 E46 M3 owner).

Initially BMW did try to blame the owners for mis-shifting but when the SMG cars started blowing up they couldn't do it anymore.

The issue affected cars around the world and there were plenty of owners complaining. There were too many cars that were affected in a very big way. Once the cause was well established they did apply the fix. I got a free oil change and a free tank of gas out of it (helps to read internal memos posted on message boards ).
The story on M3's was more complicated than that. Yes, they would have done it eventually. But something happened that forced the issue earlier than anticipated by BMW. I can't write about it. Send me PM; I let you know. It's a funny story with a good ending for all.

Quick Reply: Porsches' Exploding Batteries - be Warned!