Notices
997 GT2/GT3 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Who would buy a GT3 RS without a test drive?

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2011, 01:05 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,648 Likes on 765 Posts

I don't own one, but I just like the sound of the 6.3 blipping on downshifts..
No corners in Florida..
Old 03-28-2011, 04:46 PM
amaist
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Carrera GT
There's no underestimating that Mercedes knows their customer and their AMG products answer the customer demand -- aggressive, distinctive appearance with shocking acceleration up to highway speeds and a pretty enjoyable exhaust note without suspension NVH required to deliver higher levels of performance and handling.

I mention all that because the early indications we're getting from VW&Porsche suggest that's exactly where VW will take the top and bottom of the Porsche brand. We can only hope they leave the 911 alone in the middle and who knows, four or so years from now, we'll see the next mark plotted along the path of the GT cars and hopefully it will still be a 911 by design, not just name.

Anyway, who knew this magazine masthead was so far ahead of its time:
This is what most people what from a "sports" car. They want to hit the gas and instantly go fast and make cool noises. Not that many people actually care to drive cars. I always end up riding the bumper of some "performance" car in my pick-up truck after they blast by me on the straight. And I am not really doing anything special with the truck. Just trying to get to where I am going to in safety but without growing a ZZ Top beard during the journey.

If guys like us keep buying GT3s then there will still be a market and Porsche would be more than happy to produce them for us. If they would drop out someone else will do it. It's a small market and we can't have too many players unlike the luxury speed monster (AMG, M, Audi RS, Caddy-V, etc.) segment. We have cash in hand, we are silly enough to pay MSRP very often, we are pretty profitable for them if the segment is not oversaturated.

Quick Reply: Who would buy a GT3 RS without a test drive?