CarreraGT Stars In: Dances With Cars!

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2011, 10:59 AM
Carrera GT
Wordsmith
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Dave 86 930 Fl
So you admit to "showboating" in one breath and criticize the actions of the driver behind you for not paying attention to his crystal ball (maybe that's what the dash wart is for) wrt the showboater in front of him ... Excellent, I bow to your greatness (and post count too!)
Perhaps you should also bow to the facts ... check the video ... the car "behind" me wasn't even in the same turn or even in the field of view ... he caught up after I lost control and closed the gap while I was in a tank-slapper ... for Pete's sake, if you're going to be snide, pick a better topic.
Old 03-09-2011, 11:47 AM
Dave 86 930 Fl
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Don't get your undies in a knot

Who is Pete? Don't make me the bad guy here, I was just pointing out the obvious. If you had left out the bragging about showboating and the derogatory comment about the poor guy behind you, we would not be having this conversation.

When I'm on the track, it's all about safety for everyone on the track and I don't think showboating is fair to others. As far as being snide, you get what you deserve.
Old 03-09-2011, 12:50 PM
RollingArt
Drifting

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

criticize the actions of the driver behind you for not paying attention to his crystal ball
Crystal ball has nothing to do with it. He watched Adam get out of shape and had more than enough time to slow down and wait to pass after Adam regained control. It was more like he was trying to do as his heros in Nascar do and weave his way through the mayhem. Difference is the Nascar guys have no time to slow down from 200 mph and they have a million dollars at stake. That idiot kept his foot in it and made a minor spin into very risky proposition. At a damn track day. If I had been in Adam's shoes, I'd have found that guy after that session and made sure he never forgets me!

Phil
Old 03-09-2011, 02:52 PM
Dave 86 930 Fl
Rennlist Member

Default Two Wrongs

Originally Posted by RollingArt
Crystal ball has nothing to do with it. He watched Adam get out of shape and had more than enough time to slow down and wait to pass after Adam regained control. It was more like he was trying to do as his heros in Nascar do and weave his way through the mayhem. Difference is the Nascar guys have no time to slow down from 200 mph and they have a million dollars at stake. That idiot kept his foot in it and made a minor spin into very risky proposition. At a damn track day. If I had been in Adam's shoes, I'd have found that guy after that session and made sure he never forgets me!

Phil
If I were the guy behind Adam and I t-boned him because he was showboating, I can assure you that Adam would not have forgotten me ... I'm not condoning the guy's behavior behind Adam, I'm just saying there is no room on the track for showboating, the consequences can be deadly. Two wrongs do not make a right, do they?
Old 03-09-2011, 03:06 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,596 Likes on 2,340 Posts

If I were the guy behind Adam and I t-boned him because he was showboating, I can assure you that Adam would not have forgotten me ... I'm not condoning the guy's behavior behind Adam, I'm just saying there is no room on the track for showboating, the consequences can be deadly. Two wrongs do not make a right, do they?
I dont believe that there was any showboating going on ... I believe that the suggestion that there was, is simply fun/humor

knowing him as I do ... he is probably the last individual that I would ever suspect of such action on track...
Old 03-09-2011, 03:42 PM
Dave 86 930 Fl
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Larry Cable
I dont believe that there was any showboating going on ... I believe that the suggestion that there was, is simply fun/humor

knowing him as I do ... he is probably the last individual that I would ever suspect of such action on track...
I don't know Adam, but I took him literally when he said he was showboating ... No blood, no foul I guess.
Old 03-09-2011, 04:12 PM
911SLOW
Admin
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 126 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by Larry Cable

I believe he was serious about the showboating..

Old 03-09-2011, 05:34 PM
mikymu
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

lol

Nice spin Adam
Old 03-09-2011, 06:16 PM
Chris R.
Rennlist Member

Received 59 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
Aussie I kinda agree, Carrera was show boating and doing and excellent job of impressing me until the 3rd tank slapper ;-)

A good LSD is a huge difference, It boggles my mind that Porsche does not put a more aggresive one in. Transforms the car. The only mod it needs.

I always lift. I know, bad. In an old 911 I would have wrecked several times. I found out that when the wagging starts you fight it aggressively with the steering wheel and when I "rest" my foot on the brake pedal it's like throwing out an anchor and it helps stabilize the car. Kinda my own invented SC I guess.

http://www.youtube.com/v/r1yk1fMMoiE
FF to 1:33 is the best example. This car had no LSD and no grip in the rear, the R888 where corded, but still I lift/brake everywhere and work the wheel..
In watching your videos, you are trail braking very deep into the corner and not trailing off as much as needed. This is what it looks like from looking at the corner entry and the telemetry on the top left. You seem to catch it well all the time though.
I would advise braking harder, sooner and then trail off faster toward the turn in point.
Chris
Old 03-09-2011, 06:17 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,628 Likes on 755 Posts

Big time show boater

Cool, I though he had it..

Can't we all just get along?
Old 03-09-2011, 06:43 PM
Viperbob1
Nordschleife Master

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Crap Adam you know if I had been behind you I would have gone by while you are prancing back and forth, done another lap and passed you again... Some things never change...
Old 03-09-2011, 06:49 PM
911SLOW
Admin
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 126 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by Viperbob1
Crap Adam you know if I had been behind you I would have gone by while you are prancing back and forth, done another lap and passed you again... Some things never change...
Great! now that we have two show-boaters in the same thread..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ITS5G...feature=fvwrel
Old 03-09-2011, 07:56 PM
996FLT6
Rennlist Member

Received 247 Likes on 203 Posts

Me thinks carreragt watched that YouTube "Porsche vs mustang" - NEMESIS but it didn't quite work out his way : ). Mike ps- I did the exact same thing there long time ago at t2. Mike
Old 03-09-2011, 08:17 PM
Viperbob1
Nordschleife Master

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by 911SLOW
With Adam, I prefer to just keep passing him.... Just like a Marc somebody from days gone by...
Old 03-09-2011, 08:22 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,596 Likes on 2,340 Posts

Originally Posted by 911SLOW
is there a word for a group of 2 or more showboaters???

flotilla, convoy, fleet, carrier battle group, school, flock, chorus line ...

answers on a postcard please ...

Quick Reply: CarreraGT Stars In: Dances With Cars!