http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zznGRCetjlw
Old 03-02-2011, 06:20 PM
911SLOW
Admin
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 126 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
I should be banned.

That is easy, post a **** link and wait 5 minutes.

: )

Originally Posted by Larry Cable
can you tell I am bored today ...
Yeap figured that out from the Michelin warranty threads..
Old 05-28-2011, 03:02 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,623 Likes on 753 Posts

Reviving the thread.

I've updated all my sensors to the new part number and all of them seem to work all the time.
Maybe until they break again, sorry I did not keep good enough track of my wheels, TPS to be sure only the old part numbers quit working, but I THINK so.

I will do 10 track days in July, so by the end of July we will know if they keep working or not.
1 issue still: Flat tire warnings:
- Lets say I heat op tires to 30PSI or so. I reset TPS and they are perfect. No flat tire warning, all is perfect and the PSI are accurate to within 1 PSI. Perfect.
- Lets say I go out cold on 24 PSI, only the rear tires tell me flat tire warning -8PSI in red. Fronts nothing, all happy. They will all show PSI, all the way up to say 36PSI, etc. Still works perfect, you just have the flat tire warning on. I wonder if I can change settings in PIWIS to have the rears act the same as the fronts.

Last weekend I had a flat tire and I am happy I had the TPS ;

I go out, all PSI's were around 26 PSI, my rear tires had given a flat tire warning as usual because low PSI. I go out on track, all of them go up to 36PSI, but my left rear starts to go down about 3PSI per lap and I came in the pit at 28, car already getting greasy, loose and by the time I parked and took the wheel off I had 20.

It was nice to see and get warned instead of keep trying to go fast and just hoping the tire is just heat cycled out or something. My SC and TC never came on, maybe I should have driven it down to 10 PSI to see if the system would turn it on, but I did not think of that

Quick Reply: TC + SC turns itself on? TPS not working right