Gus F
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mooty
analogue man's?
Originally Posted by mikymu
yup
Yes AnalogMan's 2008 Cup.

Mikymu, as always you are the best researching and finding how to improve our cars, I'll be very happy if all my investment can be maximize in my new to me Cup car, let's see what racekeeper has to say,..
Old 02-24-2011, 03:22 PM
APKhaos
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Back to the original question.....
TrackVision supports full HD video, and is quite tightly integrated with MoTeC's i2 analytics including GPS-based lap timing and track position data. You do need MoTeC Pro logging option for all this, but TrackVision also supports i2 in the non-Pro mode. Its just a little more manual.

Here's a clip of that that all looks like - http://www.trackvision.net/videos/85...2035_orig.divx This is from 2008, which is before MoTeC released their GPS module. For more info on all that, take a look at http://www.trackvision.net/MoTeC_i2.shtml

Syncing data and video is fairly simple. Assuming you beacon or GPS start/finish marker is set at the actual track s/f stripe:
- place the video at the point where the nose of the car first crosses the start/finish stripe on the track
- place the data at the point where the first timed lap starts
- sync 'em
This will typically get you within 100-200msec of perfect sync, and its easy to make an adjustment in that range if you need to.
Old 02-24-2011, 03:23 PM
onelove
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 57 Likes on 47 Posts

Motec offers a video unit as well as the Garmin GPS unit, we've run these in various cars with great success. It's much easier to keep all data within one system IMO.
Old 02-24-2011, 04:09 PM
mikymu
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by APKhaos
Back to the original question.....
TrackVision supports full HD video, and is quite tightly integrated with MoTeC's i2 analytics including GPS-based lap timing and track position data. You do need MoTeC Pro logging option for all this, but TrackVision also supports i2 in the non-Pro mode. Its just a little more manual.

Here's a clip of that that all looks like - http://www.trackvision.net/videos/85...2035_orig.divx This is from 2008, which is before MoTeC released their GPS module. For more info on all that, take a look at http://www.trackvision.net/MoTeC_i2.shtml

Syncing data and video is fairly simple. Assuming you beacon or GPS start/finish marker is set at the actual track s/f stripe:
- place the video at the point where the nose of the car first crosses the start/finish stripe on the track
- place the data at the point where the first timed lap starts
- sync 'em
This will typically get you within 100-200msec of perfect sync, and its easy to make an adjustment in that range if you need to.
Thanks Tony for the info

Looks like Motec will give you all the lap time data info from it's main display module and all you need to do is use your trackvision software to syn data/video. $295 for your software and $350 for Motec GPS sensor and I am all set. Does your software allow PIP fucntion if I have two ro three camers?
Old 02-24-2011, 04:14 PM
mikymu
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by onelove
Motec offers a video unit as well as the Garmin GPS unit, we've run these in various cars with great success. It's much easier to keep all data within one system IMO.
This one? Will it support HD video from a Sony camcorder?

Old 02-24-2011, 04:36 PM
APKhaos
Drifting

Does your software allow PIP fucntion if I have two ro three camers?
You will have to mix your two or three camera streams into one video, then run that one video through TrackVision to overlay the data.
Old 02-24-2011, 05:19 PM
mikymu
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Gus F

Mikymu, as always you are the best researching and finding how to improve our cars, I'll be very happy if all my investment can be maximize in my new to me Cup car, let's see what racekeeper has to say,..
Gus, I sopke with Angus at Race-Keeper (RK) and here is what I learned
  • RK can export HD images
  • 15% discount for rennlist members. Just enter "rennlist" on the coupon section when you check out
  • Not sure if it can syn with Cup car Motec system. It can syn with Motec M400 and M800 series modules but I have no idea what 997 Cup car use. I left with message with Chris Brown - Motec west coast rep. WIll repeort back once I find out more info

Motec's own vcs system is pretty damn expensive ... close to $4K!!
Cheers
Old 02-24-2011, 06:18 PM
AMackDC
2nd Gear

Great to chat mikymu!

As you know, Race-Keeper Video Data system is a single box solution that records dual stream video, from up to 4 cameras, and logs perfectly sync'd data from OBDII, racing ECUs, and sensors along with GPS data for mapping plus segment and lap timing.

The video data analysis software lets to Export HD video and data on an 1920x1080 pixel palette. Here are some user clips from YouTube, in HD, select 1080p in Youtube for top notch video quality:

http://tinyurl.com/4cwa5en
http://tinyurl.com/4br2lv4

We can stream CAN data from racing ECUs such as Motec M400 and M800 ecus, Bosch MS3.1 and 4.3 among others. Let me know what ECU you have when you get a chance.

Thanks, Angus
Old 02-24-2011, 06:37 PM
mikymu
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by AMackDC
Great to chat mikymu!

As you know, Race-Keeper Video Data system is a single box solution that records dual stream video, from up to 4 cameras, and logs perfectly sync'd data from OBDII, racing ECUs, and sensors along with GPS data for mapping plus segment and lap timing.

The video data analysis software lets to Export HD video and data on an 1920x1080 pixel palette. Here are some user clips from YouTube, in HD, select 1080p in Youtube for top notch video quality:

http://tinyurl.com/4cwa5en
http://tinyurl.com/4br2lv4

We can stream CAN data from racing ECUs such as Motec M400 and M800 ecus, Bosch MS3.1 and 4.3 among others. Let me know what ECU you have when you get a chance.

Thanks, Angus
Hi Angus

Thanks for all the helpful hints. I spoke with Motec and they said GT3 Cup car use Bosch ECU. I did a quick google search and looks like 997 Cup car use Bosch MS3 ECU http://www.me-mo-tec.de/content/down...?file=2584.pdf

Your thoughts?

Cheers

Mike
Old 02-25-2011, 12:44 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,616 Likes on 2,306 Posts

Originally Posted by Gus F

THANK YOU. now i can sleep.
every night i dream of that car.....
Old 02-25-2011, 01:46 AM
APKhaos
Drifting

Mike probably has some intimate pics of the car that will help you sleep
Old 02-25-2011, 02:27 AM
johnboise3
Intermediate

Thanks for the info, I will go ahead and give it a try with those Nitto sizes.
Old 02-25-2011, 07:30 PM
mikymu
Addict
Rennlist Member

Stop having dirty dream mooty ...

Spoke with Steve at Race-Keeper and looks like their system can sync with 997 Motec/Bosch ECU. He had other customers successfully link Cup Motec data with Race-keeper. I tried their check out function and if you enter "rennlist" in the coupon section you get $251 off their SE video/data system.

Will do a bit more search and may give Race-Keeper a try
Old 11-28-2012, 02:49 PM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 3,015 Likes on 1,769 Posts

Originally Posted by mikymu
I am looking for a setup that can sync data and video information with my Cup car's Motec system.

Any recommendations? Are there any quality HD video/GPS lap timer system that can sync with Motec? Seems like most if not all data/video systems on the market only offer none HD video
MoTeC is introducing an HD-VCS this week at PRI...
"Combining the Art and Science of Driving Fast!"
Specializing in Professional, Private Driver Performance Evaluation and Optimization
Consultation Available Remotely and at VIRginia International Raceway

Quick Reply: Motec data/video sync