Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

GT2 RS-itis...!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2011, 10:22 PM
leif997
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default GT2 RS-itis...!!

It is surely a disease that the plethora of photos has inflicted upon me. I thought early on that I had to have one. The feeling subsided. My hoped for opportunity to grab one mysteriously did not materialize. Now I am in the throws of a full on fever that will not break until I have placed myself behind the wheel of the BEAST!!

Someone please help...stop the photos....no!! do not stop them!!
Old 02-07-2011, 10:27 PM
kailuadog
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Porsche of Hawaii offered me one, but seemed like a waste here with only a few roads & no track to drive. But I hear you loud n clear. That car looks amazingly prefect....Wait until the LE comes out!
Old 02-07-2011, 10:43 PM
aussie jimmy
Rennlist Member

i'm infected.
Old 02-07-2011, 10:55 PM
P.J.S.
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I heard bev hills Porsche was discreetly shopping for a gt2 RS buyer 2 weeks ago
Old 02-07-2011, 10:55 PM
malmasri
Rennlist Member

Received 49 Likes on 34 Posts

Are there any that are not spoken for?
Old 02-07-2011, 11:06 PM
savyboy
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by leif997
It is surely a disease that the plethora of photos has inflicted upon me. I thought early on that I had to have one. The feeling subsided. My hoped for opportunity to grab one mysteriously did not materialize. Now I am in the throws of a full on fever that will not break until I have placed myself behind the wheel of the BEAST!!

Leif- If I were you I would call every dealer in the US. Amazing what footwork might turn up. Wire a deposit and demand to sign a buyers order that day.

I went through some real twists and turns of thought while waiting for delivery and had a great many serious doubts. Right now, I feel like I would never sell mine.

Oh yeah, sorry for the infection!
Old 02-07-2011, 11:13 PM
FFaust
Nordschleife Master

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

So Leif, you message is not clear. It sounds as though you are on the fence and you need help, but what side do you want/need the push to come from again
Old 02-07-2011, 11:21 PM
1198r
Pro

One here in the UAE - been sat here a while. Might be worth a phone call as Porsche cars are gereally cheaper here - only catch here is this dealer is not official Porsche but you never know?

http://www.alainclass.com/pop.php?su...33&main_id=981
Old 02-07-2011, 11:40 PM
savyboy
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 1198r
One here in the UAE - been sat here a while. Might be worth a phone call as Porsche cars are gereally cheaper here - only catch here is this dealer is not official Porsche but you never know?

http://www.alainclass.com/pop.php?su...33&main_id=981
A lovely car but a Euro spec and it would never get it past customs and DOT. Wrong seats, bumpers, etc.

Sorry
Old 02-08-2011, 12:05 AM
carcommander
Rennlist Member

Received 283 Likes on 157 Posts

I was offered one but decided to do a gt3rs instead. I do wish I had kept my 08 turbo and just bought the rs. Oh well.
Old 02-08-2011, 02:00 AM
Carrera GT
Wordsmith
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by leif997

Dear "dateless and desperate,"

Fear not, fret not. More of these cars will arrive on a rusty barge at the end of Feb or some time in March.

Here's one (rough) way to start monitoring dealer inventory.

http://www.google.com/search?q=%22GT...schedealer.com

http://fairfield.porschedealer.com/G.../5599/news.php

I imagine it will be an unpleasant business of talking with a lot of the usual sales types wanting to rip off a cash rich "first kid on the block" instant gratification buyer, so you'll have to find a way to convince them you're not the next sucker that fell off the back of a Bentley with a trust fund check in your pocket and no sense of the value of a dollar. : )

I think there's a fork in the road here, so you have to decide if you want to take it. If you boogie, you might get a car and be part of the east coast bash, or you can blast emails to any and every dealer to find one you spec'd to your liking.
Attached Images  
Old 02-08-2011, 02:52 AM
aussie jimmy
Rennlist Member

nice work!
Old 02-08-2011, 04:41 AM
winkingchef
Pro

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

I want your problems.

I suppose I can relate...today I made a down payment on a condo that made me pause and think "I could have a GT2-RS for this"....
Old 02-08-2011, 05:02 AM
1198r
Pro

Originally Posted by Carrera GT
Dear "dateless and desperate,"

Fear not, fret not. More of these cars will arrive on a rusty barge at the end of Feb or some time in March.

Here's one (rough) way to start monitoring dealer inventory.

http://www.google.com/search?q=%22GT...schedealer.com

http://fairfield.porschedealer.com/G.../5599/news.php

I imagine it will be an unpleasant business of talking with a lot of the usual sales types wanting to rip off a cash rich "first kid on the block" instant gratification buyer, so you'll have to find a way to convince them you're not the next sucker that fell off the back of a Bentley with a trust fund check in your pocket and no sense of the value of a dollar. : )

I think there's a fork in the road here, so you have to decide if you want to take it. If you boogie, you might get a car and be part of the east coast bash, or you can blast emails to any and every dealer to find one you spec'd to your liking.
Am I reading this right - REDUCED FOR 2011?
Old 02-08-2011, 05:12 AM
Z06
Three Wheelin'

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

The original price was $307k with next to no options! now our dollar is about at par and we are still getting it!!

Many chose to buy from the US but there is an import tax of 6.1%, so what the dealers do is make the price closer, hassle us for warranty and import documents.

Quick Reply: GT2 RS-itis...!!