Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Exhaust for 997.1 GT3RS- What to do?

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2011, 11:17 PM
CRex
Rennlist Member

Received 382 Likes on 196 Posts

Originally Posted by sharkster
Thanks for the kind words CRex and glad you like the exhaust On the tips as Dan had mentioned I think unfortunately for the black ones you got one of the sets back from when we were having them made from _mild_ by RSS which hasn't been the case for some time. I'll send you some proper SS ones in black and those never have any issues. On the Ti tips it's just a nature of how titanium reacts with heat. They will/do always change color with heat... even the factory ones will. Any exhaust from Ti on other cars will do the same. I know we mention it on the site/product page but I'll make it clearer for sure
Alright alright I rest my case... I've always had a weak spot for fellow petrolheads and you guys are as good as they come

I'm taking delivery of a new RS next month and will email you offline to get the bypass... Heck it seems I'm eating my words and starting to mod the car before the wheels even rolled off the factory floor...
Old 01-03-2011, 12:41 AM
Polarporsche
Burning Brakes

Received 46 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by CRex
Alright alright I rest my case... I've always had a weak spot for fellow petrolheads and you guys are as good as they come

I'm taking delivery of a new RS next month and will email you offline to get the bypass... Heck it seems I'm eating my words and starting to mod the car before the wheels even rolled off the factory floor...
Resistance is futile,
Old 01-03-2011, 12:46 AM
Polarporsche
Burning Brakes

Received 46 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by savyboy
My friend Mooty forgot I had my solenoid wired to hold flaps closed all the time in order to pass sound with Akrapovic Evolution full system. Otherwise 107 sweet, meatball worthy, db's.

Having played the moronic LS exhaust game and dodged (and sometimes hit) the damn rigged up exhaust pieces as they fell off on the track, I am swearing off sound limit days. Running unlimited sound there, at what ever price for the respective event is worth it.
I tend to agree with you Pete, I also hit some debris( home made Exhaust parts) at LS last year. I'll look at the GTGP event later this year and see if I can make that one, if not no Laguna Seca this year for me.
Old 01-03-2011, 04:34 PM
ScorpionT
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CRex

Nothing wrong with modding before you take delivery!
Old 01-03-2011, 04:53 PM
Snowboarder54
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ScorpionT
Nothing wrong with modding before you take delivery!
Doen't everyone?
Old 01-03-2011, 04:59 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,631 Likes on 758 Posts

Saw mine for the first time all done
Old 01-03-2011, 05:01 PM
Snowboarder54
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
Saw mine for the first time all done
Sweeeeeet!!!
Old 01-03-2011, 05:39 PM
Cheyne
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You can put all the tips, mufflers bypasses ect on these car, but without doing something with the catalytic convertors the cars will not make anymore power. no matter what anyone says.
Old 01-03-2011, 06:16 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,598 Likes on 2,341 Posts

Originally Posted by Cheyne
You can put all the tips, mufflers bypasses ect on these car, but without doing something with the catalytic convertors the cars will not make anymore power. no matter what anyone says.
I dont think anyone expects (claims, or says) a bypass + tips have any positive (or negative) effect on the engine output, its mostly for sound and weight reduction...
Old 01-03-2011, 07:38 PM
stevecolletti
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Larry Cable
I have your Ti tips; knew they would change color with heat before I purchased ... And I love them!
Ditto!
I can't imagine a GT3 without the bypass, either.
Old 01-03-2011, 09:17 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,598 Likes on 2,341 Posts

Originally Posted by stevecolletti
Ditto!
I can't imagine a GT3 without the bypass, either.
+1 its the exhaust sound the car deserves ...
Old 01-04-2011, 12:15 AM
jimxyz
Instructor

Didn't someone - Mike maybe - post a photo in another thread of the valve one needs to unplug to open the flaps?
Old 01-04-2011, 01:02 AM
mobonic
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

RSS is more of an Xpipe design

GMG and Sharks are great too.

I woud call bbi autosport and look at their header and exhaust package for the .2RS.. I heard it the other day and it was the best sounding exhaust I have heard.

The only other one I heard that sounded as good was a caragraphic system from RSS.

But I like the custom and craftsmanship of the bbi one and they are all made in house too!
Old 01-04-2011, 10:55 AM
lawjdc
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by nct510
911S4: "Anyone have experience with the GMG titanium bypass as the megaphone design looks interesting? I am curious on the pricing as well. Thanks for all the input!"

+1 again on the Sharkwerks bypass. No problems with the tips & use the simple solenoid bypass (I think I'll side with 'lawjdc" and also get the AWE downturn tips just in case. Sure hate to be w/o an appropriate band-aid.
Kurt, you're a good man - looking forward to running with you in 2011.

Doug

ps: any other mods to your car that I should know about? I would hate to fall behind in the arms race! Happy new year to you and yours.
Old 06-08-2022, 12:25 PM
Brian Himmelman
Burning Brakes

Received 288 Likes on 118 Posts

Which would sound closest to OEM sound character and pitch (only louder) side deletes (ie Soul valved) or center Sharkwerks? 2007 GT3RS

Quick Reply: Exhaust for 997.1 GT3RS- What to do?