Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Sabine's 'Ring appeal

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2011, 08:35 AM
GuyR
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you don't go down to the GP arena/shops/hotels area etc then you'd never know anything has changed. I haven't been down that area for the last few visits as I usually cut through from NS the back-way to Barweiler direction where I stay/eat.

The main N/S area is pretty unaffected other than having to use the stupid ring cards to pay for the crappy burgers they now sell.

If you miss the old times, just go on the weekday evenings, it's quiet and in the 2.5 hours it's open you can get a fair few quality laps in with no hassle.

I've done a couple of euro trips where we travel past the ring and do the evening session and stay the night. It's a great stopover and track-taster and without all the hassles of the crazy TF weekends.
Old 01-09-2011, 06:41 PM
tetzlafh
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GuyR
If you don't go down to the GP arena/shops/hotels area etc then you'd never know anything has changed. I haven't been down that area for the last few visits as I usually cut through from NS the back-way to Barweiler direction where I stay/eat.

The main N/S area is pretty unaffected other than having to use the stupid ring cards to pay for the crappy burgers they now sell.

If you miss the old times, just go on the weekday evenings, it's quiet and in the 2.5 hours it's open you can get a fair few quality laps in with no hassle.

I've done a couple of euro trips where we travel past the ring and do the evening session and stay the night. It's a great stopover and track-taster and without all the hassles of the crazy TF weekends.
I go there for the entire 'Ring experience as I attended a majority of the events there so it was better without all the big flashy venues that it now has.
Old 01-09-2011, 07:33 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,597 Likes on 2,340 Posts

Originally Posted by GuyR

+1!

Place is unchained if you don't go past the dorint, the only upside to all this is that there is more hotel space now ... But I like to stay at either am tiergarten or Blau ecke so it doesnt matter to me
Old 01-09-2011, 09:46 PM
911rox
Rennlist Member

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Larry Cable
yeah yeah yeah ... I gave up on that since there seemed to be a lack of agreement on the fmt ...
No lack of agreement here!!! We must find that thread, draft a letter and sign, sign, sign!!!

Quick Reply: Sabine's 'Ring appeal