Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Euro Spec GT3 Buckets Help

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2010, 11:36 PM
Md11skipper
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I also bought the CGT seats and as a 6'2" 195lbs guy, I love them but I could not stand the upright position of the seat as well as the seat hight even when it was mounted in the lower of the two positions. I sat higher than in the original RS sport seats.
I went ahead and had the seat mounting brackets modified by a machine shop. I asked him to drill another set of holes in the rear as low as possibly in the bracket where the straight edge meats the flare as you can see on the picture. In order to tighten the screw for attaching the seat to the bracket, he had to machine thick washers which had the same curvature as the curvature on the bracket to creat a parallel edge on the face of the screw and an equal pressure point on the curvature of the bracket.
On the front part of the bracket, he drilled a set of holes to allow different tilts. He also had to machine the upper curvature to accommodate the seat buckle opening in the new and lower position. I used a black marker to "anodize" the upper edge of the aluminum bracket to hide the newly machined silver survace. If you look carefully, you can see the blackened edge of the bracket on the top.
Now the seat is tilted farther back and at the same time sits at the lowest point possible. The seat now is perfect for me in hight, tilt and fit overall. Cost of the mod for all four brackets was $200
Attached Images      
Old 12-05-2010, 12:10 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,481 Likes on 2,269 Posts

Originally Posted by Clifton
Thanks Jon! I just sat in them on the ground and they are snug (6'2" 190lbs). Any issues with long road trips or extended periods behind the wheel?

Did you dealer install them? Any tips or tricks for install (deactivate airbag and seat sensor)?

Thanks again!
you will fit better in the folding seat with your size.
Old 12-05-2010, 12:03 PM
hlc
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Can someone provide me with the part numbers for the P03 (GT2 folding seat) seat belt receptacles? I could not locate them on the Suncoast parts site.
Thanks in advance
Old 12-10-2010, 03:34 PM
Clifton
Pro

Received 51 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by hlc
Can someone provide me with the part numbers for the P03 (GT2 folding seat) seat belt receptacles? I could not locate them on the Suncoast parts site.
Thanks in advance
Part numbers that the dealer orderd for me are:

997.803.183.10 (driver)
and
997.803.183.11 (passenger)

The second one ending in 11 is noticably longer than 10, which is odd.

Last edited by Clifton; 12-10-2010 at 07:26 PM. Reason: typo
Old 12-10-2010, 03:39 PM
Clifton
Pro

Originally Posted by mooty
you will fit better in the folding seat with your size.
Thanks! I picked up the seats today and my plan is to install the driver side only to "test" it out. If they don't work for me, then I'll order the folding backs.

The dealer was a bit confused when I carted them off in lieu of having them do the install. But I want to be sure they fit me before installing both sides and all the hassle.
Old 12-11-2010, 11:29 AM
hlc
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

@ Clifton

Thanks for the info!
Old 12-11-2010, 07:08 PM
GrantG
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 4,720 Likes on 2,691 Posts

If you have a tall torso, the Euro seats will give much more headroom (the folding buckets are quite high off the floor).
Old 12-12-2010, 12:26 AM
20C4S
Rennlist Member

Received 187 Likes on 78 Posts

Euro is the way to go if i had the choice. plus it's much lighter than the folding bucket.
Old 12-12-2010, 01:11 PM
Bill Verburg
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 509 Likes on 349 Posts

Originally Posted by mkozink
I installed the fixed back CGT seats in my 2007 RS to replace my stock buckets on the track. I originally used the seat belt receptcles from the OE seats but found it very difficult to fasten the 3 pt belts for driving on the street. I ordered the longer seat belt receptacles which are for the P03 sport bucket seat (folding GT2 seat you referred to). That is why there are 4 part numbers; 2 for the OE bucket (passenger and driver but both are the same length) and 2 for the P03 Sport Bucket (aka GT2 seat). If I recall correctly the passenger side receptacle is the longer of the 2 (see image below). Using the longer P03 seat belt receptacles made it much easier to fasten the seat belts.
Left to right; OE seat belt receptacle, P03 Driver side, P03 Passenger side

I have the P03 seats in my 2010 RS. As far as comfort is concerned I find the P03 is more comfortable on the street than the CGT seats (I am 6'0" 175#) and adequate for the track. Once properly adjusted I find the CGT seat is better on the track. Depending on the seat brackets you use you can change the tilt in small increments which I found very useful since I use a HANS device while driving on the track. If the seat is too upright the HANS hits the seat back and tilts ones head a bit downward. I pitched the seat back to compensate and now the seating position is very comfortable. The lesson I learned with the CGT seat is that if you intend to use them for the track adjust the seating position with a helmet on (especially if you use a HANS) to find the optimal position.
Any chance that you can provide the actual measured length of the 3 options?
Old 12-12-2010, 01:53 PM
Clifton
Pro

Originally Posted by Bill Verburg
Any chance that you can provide the actual measured length of the 3 options?

The measurements I have are:

Adaptive Sport Seat receptacle:
Driver - 8.25"
Passenger - ~8.25" (measured in car)

Sport Bucket/Lightweight Bucket receptacle:
Driver - ~10.25" (measured in car)
Passenger - 10.5"
Old 12-12-2010, 04:46 PM
Bill Verburg
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 509 Likes on 349 Posts

Driver - 8.25"

Passenger - 10.5"
Thanks!
Old 09-20-2011, 11:23 AM
Mark Hubley
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

Driver - 8.25"

Passenger - 10.5"
I have 996 GT3 seats in my '99 Boxster, and I'm not happy with the way the inboard receptacles fit. They simply will not fit through the inboard holes. If I leave them outside of the holes (between the seat and center console), then there is a big gap between the lap belt and my lap. When my 13-year-old son sits in the passenger seat, there is a very big gap. I feel this is very unsafe.

I'm hoping that a reasonable solution here is to install the longer receptacles. Before I make the purchase, I wonder if Clifton (or someone else) can clarify the measurements given above . . .

Are those total overall lengths of the receptacles? Or is that just for the "stem"?

Thanks,

Mark
Old 09-20-2011, 12:25 PM
orthojoe
Nordschleife Master

Received 191 Likes on 94 Posts

Wait a sec. I just ordered GT2 bucket seats (not the euro) to replace the cruddy sport seats in my spyder. Are you guys saying that in order for me to get the factory seat belts to fit, I need to order new seat belt receptacles?
Old 09-20-2011, 01:07 PM
NJ-GT
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by orthojoe
Wait a sec. I just ordered GT2 bucket seats (not the euro) to replace the cruddy sport seats in my spyder. Are you guys saying that in order for me to get the factory seat belts to fit, I need to order new seat belt receptacles?
Yes, that's correct. I went through this when I switched the seats in my 2007 RS from U.S. stock to the Carbon GT2 seats (standard 2010 RS, Spyder, Cayman R seats).

Now, I can't find the invoice.

Can anyone one post the part# for the longer seat belt receptacles ?
Old 09-20-2011, 01:20 PM
Mark Hubley
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by NJ-GT
Can anyone one post the part# for the longer seat belt receptacles ?
Part numbers are given in post #19.

Quick Reply: Euro Spec GT3 Buckets Help