Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice.

Does the exhaust manifold fit the Mk 1?
Old 12-04-2010, 08:20 PM
cfjan
Rennlist Member

Received 33 Likes on 9 Posts

Agree with you. When my car was setup by the shop this year, the corner balance was done w/ driver weight and the drop links are adjusted to have no pre-load...

Originally Posted by savyboy
Yes, correct. And that is my point. If you are doing it "right" you need to adjust the drop links with drivers weight in the car. It does make a difference. Some would consider it not worth the effort, but my tech won't do it any other way.

I am very curious the difference in the GMG anti-sway bars vs OE bars as far as % stiffer or softer (presume stiffer).
Old 12-05-2010, 06:47 PM
rlips
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was somewhat surprised that this (very nice) build did not include adjustable drop links as well. The stock drop links seem to be a weak point, mine started giving me trouble after two track sessions. The stock parts have a very inexpensive nylon bushing, and, as I think I can see in these pictures, they start to gall right away. As soon as we adjusted the sway bars from stock, the preload was great enough to puch the joint all the way to the stop and the drop links make a "snapping" sound.

I replaced mine with the Tarret Engineering units, which also come with rubber boots to protect the ***** as my car is a dual use car as well.

I also agree with adjusting out the sway bar pre load as well.
Old 12-06-2010, 01:52 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,602 Likes on 2,341 Posts

[QUOTE=savyboy;8107007]Yes, correct. And that is my point. If you are doing it "right" you need to adjust the drop links with drivers weight in the car. It does make a difference. Some would consider it not worth the effort, but my tech won't do it any other way.

I am very curious the difference in the GMG anti-sway bars vs OE bars as far as % stiffer or softer (presume stiffer).[/QUOTE]

me too
Old 12-07-2010, 07:17 PM
gmgracing
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 443 Likes on 264 Posts

Sorry guys its been crazy at the shop

I wanted to get back to a few of your questions:

1. Exhaust manifolds and cats are available for the MK.1 GT3 and RS.
See the website http://gmgracing.com/porsche_exhaust...72header.shtml

2. Sway bars- we run a hollow bar that is made by Eibach - a bars thickness is not a fair representation of its effectiveness as different manufactures use different grades of steel when making bars.
Bigger is not always better
Full details on the bars can be found here
http://gmgracing.com/porsche_suspension.shtml.

In regards to the sway bar end links this is a street car and not a full blown track car, customer wanted a car that does not clank and bang when driven on the road. I agree in a ideal world a adjustable drop link would be ideal but in this case it was not "really" needed.
We have not had any issues with stock drop links being an issue with our sway bars.

Again this is only a level 2 car and not meant to be a race car.

Feel free to email me specific questions as I cant always get back to the forums to respond to questions in the form of a post.

Thanks gents.

sales@gmgracing.com
www.gmgracing.com

facebook l instagram l youtube l twitter

Porsche | Audi | Ferrari | Lamborghini | McLaren
Performance Tuning | Motorsport | Factory Service

Pirelli World Challege Race Team GT/GTA/GTS/TC
Pirelli GT3 Cup Trophy USA
Porsche Motorsport — Audi Sport Customer Racing — Lamborghini Super Trofeo Series

Quick Reply: 2011 GT3RS Undergoing World Challenge Serial #14