Received 403 Likes on 210 Posts

Originally Posted by CWhaley
I didn't get my bottle or burped yet...
LOL!
Old 11-23-2010, 08:15 PM
enthusiast
Rennlist Member

Received 36 Likes on 28 Posts

Bad show, bad hosts, poor track, wrong channel, and enough of the sloppy car control already. Drifting is a total waste unless one enjoys ultra slow lap times and buying lots of tires.
Old 11-23-2010, 09:10 PM
mikymu
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Very funny and interesting feedback. I think we have plenty posted here for History chanel to improve the show.

Originally Posted by speedoflight
conan, seinfeld, and jackie chan. that would make a great show if history channel could afford them.
LOL

These three character can run ANY show ... heck, it could run the country and bring complete bipartisanship to good old America
Old 11-24-2010, 12:23 AM
NJ-GT
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Link to the First Episode

http://www.history.com/shows/top-gea...r-cobra-attack

Be your own judge, enjoy.
Old 11-30-2010, 07:38 PM
mikymu
Addict
Rennlist Member

Oh god ... someone shoot me! Just forced myself to watch the second episode and it was just as bad as the first. It is becoming more and more like two high school bullies picking on the shorter Tanner. The statement " The blind can drift" just makes me want to punch the host! It was painful watching them sand blast the Aston V12 Vantage. Attention car companies ... keep your keys and don't waste your rubber and paint on this show.

The only entertaining part was the 3 minutes interview with Dominic Monaghan. I got an idea. Keep Tanner, get rid of the other two and start Dominic Monaghan. These Brits are much more entertaining!

I had more fun watching this old Top Gear show

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vd0RlYjchc4
Old 11-30-2010, 07:53 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,597 Likes on 2,340 Posts

honestly I could not believe that they picked 3 of the least charismatic people to host the show, then completely plagurised the format of the UK show ... dont know why they bother, dont know why I did, but I wont waste my time on the show again...

its a bit like buying a fake Rolex, its not the real thing, and you have paid good money for a worthless bling copy of the real thing!
Old 11-30-2010, 10:07 PM
996FLT6
Rennlist Member

Received 247 Likes on 203 Posts

Saw my 1st episode of top gear US- boy what a stinker-a skunk would pinch it's nose. Mike
Old 11-30-2010, 10:53 PM
mikymu
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Larry Cable
honestly I could not believe that they picked 3 of the least charismatic people to host the show, then completely plagurised the format of the UK show ... dont know why they bother, dont know why I did, but I wont waste my time on the show again...

its a bit like buying a fake Rolex, its not the real thing, and you have paid good money for a worthless bling copy of the real thing!
I can't say it any better. I hope some sort of US Top Gear can survive and improve but what they offer now is just painful to watch.

Originally Posted by 996FLT6
Saw my 1st episode of top gear US- boy what a stinker-a skunk would pinch it's nose. Mike
lol
Old 11-30-2010, 11:34 PM
Snowboarder54
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 4 Posts

Yieks! I just watched Top Gear probably for the last time. That poor Aston Martin, looks like those clowns took a page out of Fred’s book! That’s one pathetic program!!
Old 12-01-2010, 11:24 PM
wbsbg
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You would think a show with Jon Lovitz in it would be quite entertaining.
Old 12-01-2010, 11:53 PM
Serge944
Rennlist Member

Received 55 Likes on 29 Posts

I enjoyed the first 10 min of the 2nd episode because of the Mammoth coverage.

Skiing. The best thing since sliced bread.

Old 12-02-2010, 08:27 AM
afridi
Racer

Received 28 Likes on 7 Posts

I havent watched it yet..... dont know if I really want to now after all the comments I have read here and elsewhere.

But it sounds like they have to break from the British format a little. Maybe have regular guests like Leno/Sienfield/Tim Allen. Maybe even bring on the characters from Orange Co Choppers. If they can bring on someone like Tom Cruise (hes a real car/motorcycle nut) it could bring some interest to the show.

Maybe they should lay of the bullying (Faust/Tanner) it gets old after a while and they just look bad/fake depending on the particular interaction. They have to let the dynamics progress normally rather than scripting it in.
Old 12-04-2010, 12:46 AM
brutus143
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think Tanner is ok, but the other two idiots MUST GO!! They look just like average Joes' picked off the street that know nothing about cars
Old 12-06-2010, 04:10 PM
TrackDays247.com
Former Vendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Tanner Foust... errraugh cannot stand him.
Old 12-06-2010, 04:45 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,597 Likes on 2,340 Posts

Originally Posted by brutus143
I think Tanner is ok, but the other two idiots MUST GO!! They look just like average Joes' picked off the street that know nothing about cars
I think the core of Top Gear's success is entirely in the chemistry between Clarkson, May and Hammond, and without being nationalistic, that chemistry is a uniquely british/english one; I dont think you can recreate that with American or Australian hosts, perhaps even with different UK hosts ... look for example at "5th gear", one could argue a similar show, with British/English hosts, yet a completely different show and chemistry ... and its a good show also, but not "Top Gear" ...

Beyond that I think that they staff behind the cameras that come up with the various segements etc, the specials, the races, the idea of "The Stig" etc is also a major contribution to the uniqueness of the show.

Simply copying the format, and hiring (at least two) of the US'es least charismatic human beings (who really should move out of their mother's basement...) is frankly doomed to the depths of mediocrity from the outset.

Hell I think I could even do a better job than those jokers...

Quick Reply: American Top Gear ... cheese burger w/o toppings