Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Coming soon to a loon like me: 2011 RS

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2010, 02:53 PM
ron_dargenio
Rennlist Member

Received 33 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Coming soon to a loon like me: 2011 RS

I've had twelve Porsches, all but one 911 variants. After the 2005 GT3 I was finally hooked on a water-cooled car and now for the first time I will be getting a brand new Porsche...it was made official today and I just have to wait for the car to come in , which will be just a few days.

It is 2011 GT3 RS in Carrara White with Red contrasts, and has Lightweight Battery, Navigation, Dynamic Cornering Lights, Sound Package Plus, Front Axle Lifting System, Carbon Door Sill Modl Insignia, Foot Rest Aluminum, Rear Center Console Carbon, Alcantara Storage Lid, Carbon package, Sun Visors in Alcantara, Headlight Cleaner Ext Color.

Most of the above I could do without but after spending a gazillion dollars on front splitters I really wanted the front axle lift.

After thinking about it for some time, the red graphics are coming off, just too much for me ( as if the car already isn't!).

Gotta decide which rollbar and the clear bra and then the alignment....then it's off to DE....next spring....I have to move to SoCal or Florida or I am gonna go crazy.
Old 11-17-2010, 03:03 PM
911SLOW
Admin
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 126 Likes on 99 Posts

"You are forgiven for your happiness and your successes only if you generously consent to share them."

Gongrats! Great choice.
Old 11-17-2010, 05:52 PM
RD16RR
Burning Brakes

Received 349 Likes on 203 Posts

-- did you pre-order or find it at the dealer already - either way good luck with it.....sharp/great looking car - i'd leave the graphics, but "beauty is in the eye....." - i saw a white with red flash by me the other day.....everyone with me did the classic....."ooooooooo, aahhhhhhhhh".....

-- personally i'm in the hunt for the aqua blue metallic and red.....found 1 (i think).....but not optioned even close to what i'd like.....so i'm playing with the porsche web site - since it'd be a street only car for me....its hard thinking about the upgraded brakes, but the lift makes sense.....i guess its nice to have the choices as opposed to wishing there were some....

-- Best of Luck again !!....i hope 1 day i can report like you have !!
Old 11-17-2010, 06:05 PM
RAPID
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great taste!, if you get your car delivered with the red graphics on, I would experiment before taking all off: try just taking the checked parts on the lower part first and see whether you like it with the scripts on?...I am wondering if I should put the rear script back on...
Old 11-17-2010, 06:37 PM
ron_dargenio
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by RAPID
Great taste!, if you get your car delivered with the red graphics on, I would experiment before taking all off: try just taking the checked parts on the lower part first and see whether you like it with the scripts on?...I am wondering if I should put the rear script back on...
I thought about leaving this or that on...yours is a good idea because you can always take it off but can not put it back on....which is what I tell ladies

Originally Posted by RD16RR
-- did you pre-order or find it at the dealer already - either way good luck with it.....sharp/great looking car - i'd leave the graphics, but "beauty is in the eye....." - i saw a white with red flash by me the other day.....everyone with me did the classic....."ooooooooo, aahhhhhhhhh".....

-- personally i'm in the hunt for the aqua blue metallic and red.....found 1 (i think).....but not optioned even close to what i'd like.....so i'm playing with the porsche web site - since it'd be a street only car for me....its hard thinking about the upgraded brakes, but the lift makes sense.....i guess its nice to have the choices as opposed to wishing there were some....

Thanks! I did not pre order it. I just wanted white so I could tell wife I just painted the wheels on my 05 GT3. I blame Mooty for advertising his car for lowball number. That got me started. Then I start looking at Porsche website and decided to get a new one. There are a few new 2011s at various dealers. If you are patient and do a search you will find Aqua/Red. Use the "Locate Dealer" button on the Porsche USA site and search state by state till you find it.
Old 11-17-2010, 07:02 PM
ron_dargenio
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by RD16RR

For instance there are Aqua Blue with red ones at downtown LA as well as at Power Porsche Newport Beach.
Old 11-17-2010, 07:27 PM
aussie jimmy
Rennlist Member

dunno about the dynamic cornering headlights? they can't keep up when you're going sideways!
Old 11-17-2010, 07:56 PM
ron_dargenio
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by aussie jimmy
dunno about the dynamic cornering headlights? they can't keep up when you're going sideways!
Dynamic headlights are useful for looking at car in next lane with young hot girls.
Old 11-17-2010, 07:59 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,631 Likes on 758 Posts

After thinking about it for some time, the red graphics are coming off, just too much for me ( as if the car already isn't!).
Naked is best! But I did put the rear basge back on. I also like the GT2RS badeges on the doors, but i have not added those.
White roll bar, red seat belts, a mild allignment and you are good to go.

OK, I'm partial ;-)

The '10-'11 don't scrape much compared to the earliers ones..
Old 11-17-2010, 08:26 PM
scott40
Rennlist Member

Received 98 Likes on 49 Posts

You will love it!! If you are undecided on a bar, I just had the GMG World Challenge bar installed and it is top notch. I recommend it. I agree with others- leave the graphics for a bit. If you want less loudness you could swap to the white gold- they are subtle
Old 11-17-2010, 08:26 PM
aussie jimmy
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ron_dargenio
Dynamic headlights are useful for looking at car in next lane with young hot girls.
that job is for the 6 3.
Old 11-17-2010, 08:27 PM
aussie jimmy
Rennlist Member

white/gold rocks!!!!!!!!!!
best colour combo.
Old 11-17-2010, 10:29 PM
carcommander
Rennlist Member

Received 283 Likes on 157 Posts

I told everyone I painted the wheels on my turbo and put decals on it. Nobody bought it. Maybe it was the big a$$ spoiler that gave it away.
Old 11-17-2010, 10:41 PM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,839 Likes on 954 Posts

Originally Posted by 911SLOW
"You are forgiven for your happiness and your successes only if you generously consent to share them."

Gongrats! Great choice.
911SLOW: Who's your momma?
Old 11-17-2010, 10:50 PM
911SLOW
Admin
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 126 Likes on 99 Posts

Nice eh? : )

Hey Niz, now think 1 month from now someone is searching and reading this thread.
Mum is gone. What does he think?

Quick Reply: Coming soon to a loon like me: 2011 RS