Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Craig - RennStore.com
Just bought the Android version...WOW!
What did you buy?
Old 04-20-2011, 08:12 PM
afridi
Racer

Received 28 Likes on 7 Posts

Can one get the itouch gen 4 to work with the Tom Tom cradle? Would be nice to do video along with data collection together.
Old 04-20-2011, 11:42 PM
bensf
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by afridi
Can one get the itouch gen 4 to work with the Tom Tom cradle? Would be nice to do video along with data collection together.
Yes, purchase the TomTom Car Kit for iPod touch (compatible with 1st and 2nd Generation) from Amazon for $37.99. Also purchase TPU cover of iPod Touch 4th gen off of Ebay for $2.89. The TPU case allows the 4th gen iPod to fit snuggly in the TomTom kit as the 4th gen iPod is smaller in dimension than the 1st and 2nd generation. This is the setup I have and works perfectly. Good luck.
Old 04-21-2011, 12:44 AM
afridi
Racer

Received 28 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by bensf
Yes, purchase the TomTom Car Kit for iPod touch (compatible with 1st and 2nd Generation) from Amazon for $37.99. Also purchase TPU cover of iPod Touch 4th gen off of Ebay for $2.89. The TPU case allows the 4th gen iPod to fit snuggly in the TomTom kit as the 4th gen iPod is smaller in dimension than the 1st and 2nd generation. This is the setup I have and works perfectly. Good luck.
Thank you!
Cheers.
Old 05-08-2011, 12:45 AM
ervtx
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by HarryS
Originally Posted by mdrums
...for me....that is the easy part.....lap lists are great. But overlaying video with laps is something I have not figured out yet on my MacBook Pro. Also still trying to figure out how to change the lap timer with the bigger font numbers to show the Last Lap Time and the Current Lap Time. Maybe this can not be don't, I don't know....

Harry's it is truely awesome you are actually on this forum!
To overlay a video recorded with data, goto Lap List, select the lap you want to overlay, and press the 'Overlay' button in the bottom of the view (the lap needs to have a video recorded and GPS data collected). This will start the overlaying process and associate the resulting video with the lap. Please note that processing will take considerable time. In addition to LapTimer, the video can be accessed from the Photo app afterwards.

- Harry
The beauty of this being on an iPhone is that once the video overlay is rendered, it can be uploaded immediately to YouTube, vimeo, iDisk, etc. Within 30 minutes of recording this lap of a buddy in his RS at TWS (Texas) a mutual friend of ours was watching it from his home in the UK.

http://vimeo.com/23425811

I've ditched my Performance Box and hidef camcorder, and could justify the whole iPhone with this. Awesome app Harry!
Old 05-08-2011, 05:42 AM
almeena58
Racer

Originally Posted by DCP
What did you buy?
+1
Old 06-03-2011, 01:45 PM
cfjan
Rennlist Member

Received 33 Likes on 9 Posts

I only have an iPad.. (no iPhone) Is it too big to put it in the car to use w/ this app? I just want the timer function for now.. want to see what kind of lap time I am running.. any idea?
Old 06-11-2011, 12:15 PM
PasPar2
Drifting

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

PC guy here - never used a mac of idevice before. Bought an iphone 4 + this app to try it on the track. everything works amazingly well but I cannot figure out how to get the video onto my PC via itunes. Is there a different way to do this? or is itunes storing it someplace I cant find it? thanks.
Old 10-24-2011, 11:00 AM
cannon1000
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think HLTP is worth a sticky thread outside of just the 997 forums.

BTW, Just used it this week and the data is fantastic. I am using iPhone 4S, Tom Tom Kit and GoPro. I am now working on merging video and data.

Everyone I talked to was amazed out how much data was collected...and helped me during the weekend.

Thanks Harry.
Old 10-24-2011, 12:54 PM
jcastle
Racer

HLT website recommends the Emprum UltiMate GPS Receiver. 5Hz data vs 1Hz. My friend uses with his iphone in combination with a Satechi CR -3600 car holder mount. This setup should provide better GPS accuracy than the Tom Tom cradle.
Old 10-24-2011, 02:36 PM
HarryS
Intermediate

Originally Posted by cannon1000

BTW, Just used it this week and the data is fantastic. I am using iPhone 4S, Tom Tom Kit and GoPro. I am now working on merging video and data.

Everyone I talked to was amazed out how much data was collected...and helped me during the weekend.

Thanks Harry.
Happy to hear :-)
Old 10-24-2011, 02:40 PM
HarryS
Intermediate

Originally Posted by jcastle
HLT website recommends the Emprum UltiMate GPS Receiver. 5Hz data vs 1Hz. My friend uses with his iphone in combination with a Satechi CR -3600 car holder mount. This setup should provide better GPS accuracy than the Tom Tom cradle.
Accuracy for the TomTom and the UltiMate is similar, accuracy displayed is a bit better for the UltiMate, on the other hand the TomTom keeps locked even in very difficult positions like Berkwerk at NOS. So this ends as a tie on accuracy.

On the other hand, 5Hz allows watching lines driven / peak speeds at higher precision - which adds on top value to the Emprum UltiMate. So, yes, this is the combination to go for currently.

- Harry
Old 10-25-2011, 07:02 PM
cannon1000
Three Wheelin'

Harry, sent you a PM.
Old 10-26-2011, 12:09 AM
ervtx
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by cannon1000
There are also multiple threads in the Racing forum. You might pick up some additional tips on usage from these...

https://rennlist.com/forums/racing-a...d-tom-tom.html

https://rennlist.com/forums/racing-a...g-tac-pro.html

https://rennlist.com/forums/racing-a...lap-timer.html

https://rennlist.com/forums/racing-a...ap-timers.html
Old 11-25-2011, 04:49 PM
DocMartin9
4th Gear

Have any of you guys tried DashCommand? Looks like it has OBD-2 connectivity which will do some data logging and allow reading and clearing codes.

I wonder how well it works and how it compares to Harry's lap timer?

Quick Reply: Harry's LapTimer Pro