Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Think I want to sell the RS.2

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2010, 07:46 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,620 Likes on 751 Posts

Soon we will get a second dip in the market and all RS will be sub 100K, then the new bloaded gadget laden PDK 3600lb 991 GT3RS will come out.

Due to the upcoming inflation it will cost about $200K, used RS-es will be 150K and in about 10 years your RS will be a sought after $250K car. Gold will be at $5000.00.

The way I figure it my track budget is being covered by the price appreciation, at least in future dollars.
I am absolutely right about this and 100% certain.

Feel good? I do
Old 10-14-2010, 07:49 PM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,607 Likes on 2,303 Posts

Peter u should b head of fed reserve
Old 10-14-2010, 07:55 PM
TraqGear
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mooty
Lol
I HAVE AC

I deleted radio only
Oh dude! I stand corrected. Whole lot easier to add radio!! Sorry Moot!

The apex of performance, comfort & safety since 2011.
All new racewear available now→ traqgear.com
Old 10-14-2010, 07:57 PM
TraqGear
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
Soon we will get a second dip in the market and all RS will be sub 100K, then the new bloaded gadget laden PDK 3600lb 991 GT3RS will come out.

Due to the upcoming inflation it will cost about $200K, used RS-es will be 150K and in about 10 years your RS will be a sought after $250K car. Gold will be at $5000.00.

The way I figure it my track budget is being covered by the price appreciation, at least in future dollars.

Feel good? I do
(with a slingblade voice) ~Peter, I like the way you talk!~
Old 10-14-2010, 09:18 PM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,607 Likes on 2,303 Posts

Originally Posted by ZBB0730
Oh dude! I stand corrected. Whole lot easier to add radio!! Sorry Moot!
no problem bud.
i just didn't want to appear more insane than i already am
Old 10-14-2010, 09:38 PM
silverboy
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR

Feel good? I do
RS-es are Long term Buys then!
Old 10-14-2010, 09:43 PM
malmasri
Rennlist Member

Received 49 Likes on 34 Posts

Take your emotions out of the transaction, it will become a much easier and clearer what you need to do.
If there is doubt, there is no doubt.....
Best...
Trackcar: Great analogy.....I kinda rationalize my spending that way as well...one day it will pay your college fund son
Old 10-14-2010, 10:39 PM
leif997
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Franz...get out while the getting is good. I like the spec-racer idea. you'll tear it up in one of those. Pondering one for myself in the spring as well.

fwiw, the pan tt is a fun family car and has some ballz when you want to get on it
Old 10-14-2010, 10:42 PM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,809 Likes on 944 Posts

Originally Posted by savyboy
With that said, you know and see Porsche is on a tear to roll out niche 911's. That is the new game. And while the GT3RS is sweet goodness, the RS 4.0 litre version is just around the corner, and that will result in more .1 and .2 GT3's and RS coming into an already weak market.

Sometimes your first sale is your best sale. If you want out, I would urge you to pull the trigger now as prices are only heading down from here.
First sale is often the best is sound advice. Have seen it many times.

My take: if the 4.0 RS becomes a reality I'll be grabbing one and keeping it bone stock because if any of the recent RS's are going to hold value it'll likely be that one.

After that it'll be a decision whether to sell the current RS and get a dedicated track toy - 996 Cup or SpecBox currently at the top of that list - or strip and heavily mod while keeping it (barely) street legal. That decision will come next spring when I decide how far down the slippery slope I want to slide. Maybe I'll get lucky and the economy and resale market will improve by then.

Good luck whatever you decide.
Old 10-15-2010, 11:01 AM
TraqGear
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by leif997
Franz...get out while the getting is good. I like the spec-racer idea. you'll tear it up in one of those. Pondering one for myself in the spring as well.

fwiw, the pan tt is a fun family car and has some ballz when you want to get on it
Thanks Hanz. Spec racing rocks. I did a full year of SM and will do another. If you ever wanna test the skills and the nads, do the American Road Race of Champions at Road Atlanta in SM. Last year we had 50+ cars. Some of the best drivers in the country in SM. 1st 15 guys will be within a second of each other. SPBOX will fit nicely with my goals.
Originally Posted by Nizer
First sale is often the best is sound advice. Have seen it many times.

My take: if the 4.0 RS becomes a reality I'll be grabbing one and keeping it bone stock because if any of the recent RS's are going to hold value it'll likely be that one.

After that it'll be a decision whether to sell the current RS and get a dedicated track toy - 996 Cup or SpecBox currently at the top of that list - or strip and heavily mod while keeping it (barely) street legal. That decision will come next spring when I decide how far down the slippery slope I want to slide. Maybe I'll get lucky and the economy and resale market will improve by then.

Good luck whatever you decide.
Prob right Nizer. I'm a tightwad though. I always look for a fair deal for both sides and won't take the bath.

My problem is that I never can stop with few track mods here and there. If I start stripping then everything has to go. Better for me to just buy a cup if I want that kind of performance. I like competition over performance, so spec racing is euphoric to say the least.
Old 10-15-2010, 12:38 PM
Targa Tim
Rennlist Member

Received 80 Likes on 31 Posts

Guys, don't feel sad, but timing is all wrong. Nobody is shopping for a track car when winter is approaching.

Some good news, autocar picked the RS for PCOTY. That will at least raise the price by $5000. Just make sure you include a copy of autocar with your sales.
Old 10-15-2010, 02:35 PM
scott40
Rennlist Member

Received 70 Likes on 44 Posts

See post today by Peter Daily. He is looking for a low option grey RS! There is your buyer!
Old 10-15-2010, 02:49 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,620 Likes on 751 Posts

That will at least raise the price by $5000.
At least + MKI GT3RS = BMW E30 M3 of the future, except GT3's will be down on power because they are not Hybrids...

Roger; how many miles on the car?
I say keep it, your wife seemed to like it plenty?!
And I think you haven't even tried what it will do at Roebling with Hoosiers!
Old 10-15-2010, 08:35 PM
jenk12m
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

keep it and drive it
Old 10-16-2010, 09:50 AM
tcsracing1
Rennlist Member

Received 258 Likes on 172 Posts

My advice:

Drive it for your everyday routine. (work, play, track, groceries etc..) Dont wash it as often and squeeze your monies worth out of it before you actually sell it.
You have a good window of time to still enjoy it before the next generation GT3 is offered, thus the "latest and greatest" is still a while away as far as the market is concerned.

Hence, avoid pampering the car and just use it like an everyday car. In the end it wont make too much dfference on resale and you will have got your money worth in the form of transportation between now and when you do sell it. (why painstakenly bother trying to pamper the car for the next owner to enjoy?)

Quick Reply: Think I want to sell the RS.2