Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2010, 02:26 PM
TraqGear
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Think I want to sell the RS.2

Man, I really love the car, but just don't have time to enjoy it. I won't let anyone wash it but me, won't drive it anywhere that I think it may get dinged, had it on the track one time...but too nervous to drive it hard, drive it once a week...

So, what would be a market price? It has 2200 miles, been broke in properly, DAS cage powder coated to match clear bra in all the right places, tinted windows...only options were red dials, alcantara center console, sound sys plus and ipod hook up. What do you think I should ask for it? Grey/red combo BTW for those who don't know.

The apex of performance, comfort & safety since 2011.
All new racewear available now→ traqgear.com
Old 10-14-2010, 03:08 PM
scott40
Rennlist Member

Received 93 Likes on 48 Posts

I would say just drive it and enjoy it. Not worth the $$ you will lose at this stage, unless you have to sell it. Track it more- it's not going to break. I would definitely take it for errands, dinner, etc. Did what you are describing with a former car and after I sold it, really regretted just not enjoying it more. Why save it for the next guy?
Old 10-14-2010, 03:15 PM
ir_fuel
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ZBB0730
What do you think I should ask for it? Grey/red combo BTW for those who don't know.

Take the $$$ you would lose by selling it and use it as a budget for trackdays + trackday insurance.
I m pretty sure you can have a couple of years of fun
Old 10-14-2010, 03:17 PM
Nugget
Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by ir_fuel
Take the $$$ you would lose by selling it and use it as a budget for trackdays + trackday insurance.
This is the right answer.
Old 10-14-2010, 03:31 PM
TraqGear
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Good points guys. But, it's time for me to get something the wife will enjoy like a s cab or something. She likes the RS, but has to have a "booster" to drive it. She's been really cool to me with both RS's. Since they aren't blowing my skirt up anymore, maybe time to get something she wants. I'll get a boxster to go along with the spec pinata to punish on the track.
Old 10-14-2010, 03:32 PM
TraqGear
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by ir_fuel
I m pretty sure you can have a couple of years of fun
I priced de insurance...$5k per year. Not worth it with the deductable.
Old 10-14-2010, 03:38 PM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,833 Likes on 952 Posts

$115k might move it. If you think that's too low ask Mooty how he's doing with his $120k price. About the worst time possible both seasonally and economically to be trying to sell.
Old 10-14-2010, 03:39 PM
TraqGear
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Nizer
$115k might move it.
Ouch, that hurt my sphincter.
Old 10-14-2010, 03:43 PM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,833 Likes on 952 Posts

I don't like it any more than you. That's why I'm driving mine.
Old 10-14-2010, 03:54 PM
cfjan
Rennlist Member

Received 33 Likes on 9 Posts

If people are putting .2RS for $115k, that will depressed the .1RS market by a lot..

Good luck.. it is certainly a tough dilemma.. because if one hold up for a better price, it might sit and not move for a long time, and by then, the market has moved again.. so that's always something that one should consider..
Old 10-14-2010, 07:01 PM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,625 Likes on 2,310 Posts

I have a cashiers written to me on my desk 110 for mine. I think I'll keep it. Don't b surprised I have two strippers :/)

115 will move urs.

Its not right selling. Bn dad and I, we have just about every variation since 1973 for US mkt. The curent RS is FAR superior than
Anything before it short I'd 73rs, 964Rs, 993 gt2
Old 10-14-2010, 07:25 PM
TraqGear
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by mooty
I have a cashiers written to me on my desk 110 for mine. I think I'll keep it. Don't b surprised I have two strippers :/)

115 will move urs.

Its not right selling. Bn dad and I, we have just about every variation since 1973 for US mkt. The curent RS is FAR superior than
Anything before it short I'd 73rs, 964Rs, 993 gt2
Yeah Moot, I wouldn't take that either. I think we could drive em another year and still get that. Not gonna give it away.
Old 10-14-2010, 07:33 PM
savyboy
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ZBB0730
Yeah Moot, I wouldn't take that either. I think we could drive em another year and still get that. Not gonna give it away.
Hate to hear you are in this position. Expensive change of heart Been there, done that so I do understand and empathize.

With that said, you know and see Porsche is on a tear to roll out niche 911's. That is the new game. And while the GT3RS is sweet goodness, the RS 4.0 litre version is just around the corner, and that will result in more .1 and .2 GT3's and RS coming into an already weak market.

Sometimes your first sale is your best sale. If you want out, I would urge you to pull the trigger now as prices are only heading down from here.

Try to throw the emotion, meet the market (however crappy it is) and get the dirty deed over with. Try some local dealers and see if they will buy it from you? Sometimes it is a good offer? As well on trade in value?

In any event I wish you nothing but the best and hope you settle in on exactly what you and your wife seek
Old 10-14-2010, 07:37 PM
TraqGear
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by savyboy
Hate to hear you are in this position. Expensive change of heart Been there, done that so I do understand and empathize.

With that said, you know and see Porsche is on a tear to roll out niche 911's. That is the new game. And while the GT3RS is sweet goodness, the RS 4.0 litre version is just around the corner, and that will result in more .1 and .2 GT3's and RS coming into an already weak market.

Sometimes your first sale is your best sale. If you want out, I would urge you to pull the trigger now as prices are only heading down from here.

Try to throw the emotion, meet the market (however crappy it is) and get the dirty deed over with. Try some local dealers and see if they will buy it from you? Sometimes it is a good offer? As well on trade in value?

In any event I wish you nothing but the best and hope you settle in on exactly what you and your wife seek
Thanks I appreciate the kind thoughts. I've also been looking at the market on RS.1's. I don't see anything selling below 110K that is low mileage. I would think RS.2 would still bring 125 and up...especially if no one is selling them low. Moot has a great car but it really shrinks the market without ac IMO.
Old 10-14-2010, 07:44 PM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,625 Likes on 2,310 Posts

Lol
I HAVE AC

I deleted radio only

Quick Reply: Think I want to sell the RS.2