CJ is pitching Game One against the Yankees

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2010, 04:35 PM
OldGuy
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 41 Likes on 6 Posts
Default CJ is pitching Game One against the Yankees

I know there are more than one Yankee fan here but there are no Yankees on our board.
CJ Wilson pitched the most important game in Ranger history last week in game two of the ALDS. Now OUR CJ is pitching Game One of the American League Championship Series.
When I first met CJ we talked about the Rangers winning the division in 2009, then going all the way in 2010. This was in 06 I think. I cant believe its almost come true.
MORE remarkably, you guys dont know HOW much CJ wanted to be a starter.
Any body else and we would be saying yea yea yea youre going from the Bullpen to the starter role yea right.

But CJ is probably the smartest athlete I know. I work everyday with Rocket Scientists and CJ could carry on a conversation with any of them. His story is quite remarkable. If you follow baseball at all you dont go from the bullpen to the starter position. It just doesnt happen. But CJ told me last spring that he was going to be a starter this year. All he had to do was convince maybe the best pitcher ever, now his boss, Nolan Ryan. He told me when Nolan came in, that Ryan didnt even know who CJ was. Well I guarantee you Nolan knows NOW!!!

SO CJ carried out exactly what he told me he was going to do before spring training STARTED!!! He didnt THINK he was going to make it, he KNEW he was going to make it. Cal Ripken said that CJ was the reason the Rangers were IN the playoffs.

So here is this kid from Hunnington Beach via Loyola Marymount. Carving out a living for himself in Major League baseball. Not many people know who is manning the BullPen for the Texas Rangers.

But now he is starting

GAME ONE

against the Yankees in Arlington

Rennlist Dude, Race Car Driver, Game ONE starter in the American League Championship series. HOW KEWL IS THAT!!!?????
Old 10-13-2010, 05:20 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,645 Likes on 763 Posts

penislicker with 2 posts??
Old 10-13-2010, 05:23 PM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,867 Likes on 967 Posts

I respect and support anyone that can open a can of whoop... on the Yankees. Go CJ!
Old 10-13-2010, 05:29 PM
kailuadog
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I happened to read that Great article about CJ in SI a few months ago and it is awesome that he is getting taught by Nolan to be the Best.
Having Goals and attaining them is the best feeling EVER.
Nice work CJ!
Old 10-13-2010, 05:37 PM
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 2,154 Likes on 594 Posts

thanks paul! and thanks guys- I'm looking forward to celebrating with a huge burnout in my CGT pretty soon. I'll post pics.

I'm lucky (as we all are I guess right?) to have such a great job that allows me to make the most out of myself, as well as drive porsches, and to come here and talk porsches...I'm just not sure when I'll be able to race again- last year I'd already scheduled a ton of driving and had been on the track for over a week by the time the season ended...this is much cooler. I'm really only sure about doing the 25 @thunderhill now, everything else is up in the air
Old 10-13-2010, 05:51 PM
DreamCarrera
Drifting

Received 128 Likes on 80 Posts

Very Cool!!!

Best of luck to you CJ.
Old 10-13-2010, 05:52 PM
TraqGear
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

You rock CJ. Way too go bro! Very cool to see a guy with so much success that is humble and appreciative of his blessings.

The apex of performance, comfort & safety since 2011.
All new racewear available now→ traqgear.com
Old 10-13-2010, 07:07 PM
CP
Race Director

Received 334 Likes on 239 Posts

CJ,

I don't ever watch baseball. But I'll be watching come Friday. Best of luck. Whoop the Yanks. I want to see you beat Lincecum here in SF.

Go Bro!!!!.

CP
Old 10-13-2010, 07:27 PM
KBS911
Rennlist Member

Received 134 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by penislicker
Sycophant?

Perhaps we should keep the idol-worshipping to Porsche and related things
WTF?...... Great post by the OP. Thanks for posting Old Guy. Interesting insight into the character of a top tier pro athlete. That attitude is why he is literally at the top of his game. The fact that CJ is a Porschephile makes it even better. Nice to have him on board, he provides seriously good input to the forum and that's not kissing a$$, just fact. Porsche enthusiasts are what makes this forum the best. Pro athlete or not he deserves respect for his contributions to the forum.

You ought to be banned because of your lame a$$ moniker alone, much less your disrespect for a fellow member.

Sorry if i got carried away. I'm not even a big baseball fan till the playoffs but now..........Go CJ, Go Rangers!
Old 10-13-2010, 07:27 PM
Greygt3
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Good luck to a good guy.
Old 10-13-2010, 07:48 PM
roberga
Nordschleife Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Bean A Rod for all the rennlisters here is Seattle.
Old 10-13-2010, 08:02 PM
Terry L
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would love to see a Phillies-Rangers World Series. Of course, I'd be rooting for the Fightn' Phills, but the pitching match-ups alone would be amazing. P-car insanity is another point of interest. Beat the Yankees!
Old 10-13-2010, 09:17 PM
blake
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I'll be glued to the TV on Friday. I was watching much of last night's game from the Atlanta airport HOPING for a win so that CJ would take the mound in Game 1 with the Yankess.

Awesome story, great guy...

-Blake
Old 10-13-2010, 09:27 PM
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 2,154 Likes on 594 Posts

hey guys phillies or giants I'm good either way as long as it involves us in the world series!
Old 10-13-2010, 09:29 PM
911dev
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Goodluck CJ! I don't watch baseball either, but I will on Fri.

Quick Reply: CJ is pitching Game One against the Yankees