I am applying the pressure to Mikymu via email
uncle
Old 09-22-2010, 02:13 PM
Carrera GT
Wordsmith
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by mikymu
I been looking ... it's 160 miles from my place and 2.5 hours of drive. My spleen is weak just looking at the map. HOD is still pricey even for Reno-Ferney that's what kept me away from their events. I will pass this time ... maybe give it a try if NCRC or trackmaster host an event there in the future
You're right -- HOD is holding out the tin cup on this one: $250/day or $500 for the weekend. SCCA is $175 at RFR. I could understand a modest premium for small operators and overhead, but that's ... tap tap tap ... 43% ... ?
Old 09-22-2010, 02:36 PM
savyboy
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mikymu
uncle
Meaning you are coming?

Originally Posted by Carrera GT
You're right -- HOD is holding out the tin cup on this one: $250/day or $500 for the weekend. SCCA is $175 at RFR. I could understand a modest premium for small operators and overhead, but that's ... tap tap tap ... 43% ... ?
Additional data point: Test N Tune days there are $225. Approx same amount of track time. So costs can vary.

BTW, here is the link to their new website http://www.renofernleyracetrack.com/
Old 09-22-2010, 04:55 PM
Carrera GT
Wordsmith
Rennlist Member

Can we petition HOD to run "config 1" the "Course A. Full Course" ? It seems like the more interesting and challenging arrangement.

Here's the idea, but the red lines indicate potential trouble (as was the case at Thunderhill on more than one occasion, a car going off track could end up revisiting the track at another turn after a cross-country excursion) and I'm curious about speeds at each of the yellow points ... this course could eat brake pads.
Attached Images  
Old 09-22-2010, 05:31 PM
savyboy
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Can we petition HOD to run "config 1" the "Course A. Full Course" ? It seems like the more interesting and challenging arrangement.

Here's the idea, but the red lines indicate potential trouble (as was the case at Thunderhill on more than one occasion, a car going off track could end up revisiting the track at another turn after a cross-country excursion) and I'm curious about speeds at each of the yellow points ... this course could eat brake pads.
Redlines are mooted (not Mootyied) as the "peanut" is not being run (A vs B) and B config does not have those potential conflict points. I have been told A is too many turns for most people (?).

Entry to straight is approx 65mph, end of straight into braking for essesses will be around 130/140mph (145mph if you have talent and massive gonads). In my Spyder it is 125-130mph easy. Essesses themselves are ~100mph entry to 115mph to hairpin. That is a very fast section of track.

All GT3 approximated times!

The beautiful thing about RF is it lacks a "killer" turn into the main straight (like Thunderhill's toxic T15). RF pit wall is wayyyyy the heck down the straight. In fact, the last turn's apex is "imaginary" in the middle of the road of the main straight. Freaky!

Too bad the aerials cannot capture the topography. A few blind turns that will give newbies a Code Brown
Old 09-22-2010, 05:34 PM
RollingArt
Drifting

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Is it a secure facility to leave a trailer and a car there overnight on Saturday?
Don't have an exact answer for that one. Seems reasonably safe and I'd imagine they'll be locking the gate at night. Also, we'll be spending the night out there in our tow rig. If you park near to us we can help keep an eye on your stuff.

Phil
Old 09-22-2010, 05:56 PM
Carrera GT
Wordsmith
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by RollingArt
Don't have an exact answer for that one. Seems reasonably safe and I'd imagine they'll be locking the gate at night. Also, we'll be spending the night out there in our tow rig. If you park near to us we can help keep an eye on your stuff.
Phil
That makes it good. Thanks!
(I'm only about 1hr from the track if I don't have to pack up and tow away.)
Old 09-23-2010, 01:18 AM
Polarporsche
Burning Brakes

Received 46 Likes on 15 Posts

That makes it good. Thanks!
(I'm only about 1hr from the track if I don't have to pack up and tow away.)
I spent 4 days at Reno-Fernely last year (2009) awesome track with some very challenging twist and turns, the Hoot & Hauler comes to mine.

Big thumbs up for this track, glad to hear thing are better, track was getting pretty rough when I was there, sounds like new management has spent some money repaving portions of the track.

Can't make it to R/F this weekend, the Crazy Canucks are off to Miller Motorsport Park for a 3 day PCA HDPE & PCA racing. should be about 8 of us from Alberta & BC.

Quick Reply: Reno/Fernley Raceway This Weekend. Config B 4.1 Miles