GT2 RS Order Guide?

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2010, 01:04 PM
Carrera GT
Wordsmith
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Default GT2 RS Order Guide?

Anybody got the order guide (especially USA) yet?
Old 09-13-2010, 01:23 PM
GT3
Three Wheelin'

Received 276 Likes on 133 Posts

No, but came across the 997 GT2 one: http://www.gt3rsregistry.com/docs/pd...roductInfo.pdf

Had never seen it before...
Old 09-13-2010, 05:21 PM
The Baron
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Carrera GT
Anybody got the order guide (especially USA) yet?
I asked my dealer and the only thing that I got was the print out confirming my order.

The dealer had nothing to touch, feel or look at regarding the GT2RS.

Everything relating to my order was on the managers screen

I received more hard info for the 918; letter, then invite w/code, then cool packet........... but NOTHING for the RS

Oh well
Old 09-13-2010, 06:06 PM
Alan Smithee
Rennlist Member

Received 293 Likes on 144 Posts

It is my understanding that Porsche has done away with order guides. Very frustrating, because as we know, the on-line configurator does not show all options available. As The Baron said, you have to look over the salesperson's shoulder at their more comprehensive configurator.
Old 09-13-2010, 06:09 PM
beentherebaby
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The mystique of Porsche... All things are possible as long as you give them a blank check.
Old 09-13-2010, 09:39 PM
savyboy
Drifting

Had my sales manager look at everything on his screen and the only thing not on the configurator was the various colored stitching options. Nothing else. He even contacted Germany to try to get front end lift- no luck, VERBOTEN!

Going to be interesting to see how the sales/delivery process evolves and if all allocations were sold.
Old 09-13-2010, 09:53 PM
BBTurbo
Instructor

Originally Posted by savyboy
Had my sales manager look at everything on his screen and the only thing not on the configurator was the various colored stitching options. Nothing else. He even contacted Germany to try to get front end lift- no luck, VERBOTEN!

Going to be interesting to see how the sales/delivery process evolves and if all allocations were sold.
The copy of the PNA letter I received from my dealer said the order guide would be sent under separate cover. But nothing yet. I was also told today that all allocations have a customer name. How many of those names are legit? Who knows? But PNA did contact me directly for a copy of the sales order and my drivers license. So I assume they are taking some steps to make sure it's legit. They also said they had several surprises planned for US buyers. They have to know that a car of this magnitude requires some level of special attention to the buyers. They are playing in Ferrari and Lambo territory so the bar is pretty high from a total customer experience standpoint.
Old 09-14-2010, 12:17 AM
savyboy
Drifting

Originally Posted by BBTurbo
They also said they had several surprises planned for US buyers.
This should be interesting.

Please Porsche, show some love to those of us that plan to drive/track the car, not bubble wrap it in the garage for the next buyer.

Professional driving lessons? Separate delivery of the Clubsport cage, harnesses and mounting hardware? A built in RaceKeeper system? Early delivery?

PREINSTALLING ROLL CAGE MOUNTING PLATES IN THE TUB???

These are simple requests for our German friends, yes?

Old 09-14-2010, 04:15 AM
carbonfib3r
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Alan Smithee
It is my understanding that Porsche has done away with order guides. Very frustrating, because as we know, the on-line configurator does not show all options available. As The Baron said, you have to look over the salesperson's shoulder at their more comprehensive configurator.
I am afraid you must have been misled by your dealer. I received my sales brochure back in July. But I think you are better off with online configurator simply because the brocure doesn't really give you the information you need to spec your car.

Here are the option list (only 3 pages unfortunately) and the rest are just the photos we've already seen from the website.

The only thing I can say is Porsche has done a pretty good job with the brocure's cover, its in dark silver (as against to the usual plain white) with satin finish which kind of matchs the status the GT2 RS as the King of current Porsches.......
Attached Images           

Last edited by carbonfib3r; 09-14-2010 at 05:01 AM.
Old 09-14-2010, 04:29 AM
carbonfib3r
Intermediate

Originally Posted by savyboy

Sorry to tell you I've personally spoken to Porsche exlusive in Germany and they do not accpet interior personalisation for the GT2 RS, not even the stitching, rather sad wouldn't you say? I suppose you could call them with your credit card handy so they know you mean business

They may eventually change their mind...........
Old 09-14-2010, 04:32 AM
carbonfib3r
Intermediate

Originally Posted by The Baron
I asked my dealer and the only thing that I got was the print out confirming my order.

The dealer had nothing to touch, feel or look at regarding the GT2RS.

Everything relating to my order was on the managers screen

I received more hard info for the 918; letter, then invite w/code, then cool packet........... but NOTHING for the RS

Oh well
Please do share with us what you have on the 918 apart from Porsche's in house magazine, I'd very much love to see...

Cheers
Old 09-14-2010, 08:17 AM
The Baron
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by carbonfib3r
I am afraid you must have been misled by your dealer. I received my sales brochure back in July. But I think you are better off with online configurator simply because the brocure doesn't really give you the information you need to spec your car.

Here are the option list (only 3 pages unfortunately) and the rest are just the photos we've already seen from the website.

The only thing I can say is Porsche has done a pretty good job with the brocure's cover, its in dark silver (as against to the usual plain white) with satin finish which kind of matchs the status the GT2 RS as the King of current Porsches.......
You are in the U.K. not the U.S. market

Smithee is correct when he says that Porsche has nothing to show U.S. buyers
Old 09-14-2010, 08:21 AM
The Baron
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by carbonfib3r
Please do share with us what you have on the 918 apart from Porsche's in house magazine, I'd very much love to see...

Cheers
Can someone post photos of the Monterey invite box with the cool Aluminum ID/credit card for the 918 Spyder intro.

Lent my camera to a neighbor/friend, so I can't take photos of mine at the moment
Old 09-14-2010, 09:51 AM
carbonfib3r
Intermediate

Originally Posted by The Baron
You are in the U.K. not the U.S. market

Smithee is correct when he says that Porsche has nothing to show U.S. buyers
If this really is the case, Porsche should play their game more carefully. US being Porsche's biggest market, I'd imagine you guys would have been treated like the royals. I guess eventually you'll get what you request. Good luck.

At least you've got something we don't have, really looking forward to seeing the Monterey invite box ....
Old 09-14-2010, 11:50 PM
10 GT3
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you have not looked, the GT2 is already in the configurator on Porsche's website for the US. You can browse options and price it online.

Quick Reply: GT2 RS Order Guide?