Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Any guesses on the next RS?

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2010, 09:26 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,633 Likes on 2,359 Posts

Originally Posted by Guest89
3.9 or 4.0 liter GT1/Mezger engine with 475-500 hp and 8700 RPM redline mated to a 6sp manual (no PDK option)

Weight no more than 100 lbs. greater than today, but probably basically the same

More aggressive aero
thats my thinking also ...
Old 09-09-2010, 01:24 AM
10 GT3
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Larry Cable
I have to agree with you ... such political references are simply nonsense ...

hell if my choice is the republicans and a 450+ GT3 and a war with Iran or a 3.0L engine with the democrats then I will take the lower powered car and some intelligent adults in charge ...

there the karmic balance of this thread is partially restored for now ...
Before pointing fingers at who are the war mongers, you might want to read the facts starting with the military casualty reports over the last 9 years. More US troops were killed in just 2009 and 2010 combined to date than since the "War on Terror" began in 2001 through the end of 2008 combined.

http://icasualties.org/oef/

In fact, the highest fatalities of any month during the "War on Terror" was recently this summer probably due partially from the fact that more American troops are deployed over seas right now than any of the previous years of the "War on Terror":

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100730/...as_afghanistan

You can choose either side, but personally I don't believe there are any intelligent adults in federal politics. The current administration's record is worse than the previous as an undeniable fact. Sorry to get off track.

The current administration has stated they want a 40 mpg standard by 2014, which will suck for all of us. Right now the cafe standard is set for 35.5 mpg by 2016 (Bush signed this into law right before he left office in Jan 09'). Porsche has already announced they will be able to meet this standard with smaller engine hybrids. Bottom line is we only have a few years at the most to see anything decent before performance cars come to an end. It will be the 70's all over again.
Old 09-09-2010, 06:59 AM
Condor Man
Three Wheelin'

Received 299 Likes on 121 Posts

Originally Posted by dertub
2014 and 500 hp?
Easy Tiger!!

I haven't even picked mine up yet!
Old 09-09-2010, 08:44 AM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,675 Likes on 777 Posts

Let's hope it will be similar with less weight.

IMHO, the GT3 should be as close to whatever Cup car Porsche decides to race.
I would vote for a lighter V8 on the back seat, no PDK.
But if they decide to race something completely different, it would probably be dependable on track.
I just hope it wil be non hybrid, non Turbo and non PDK.

Cayman based or Porschified Audi R8 V8's with shorter wheel base would be great, except I like the 911 for the space you have inside for long legs and the roll bar.
So a true 2 seater would have to come with an intergrated Ruf like roll bar etc.
Old 09-09-2010, 11:19 AM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,633 Likes on 2,359 Posts

Originally Posted by 10 GT3
Before pointing fingers at who are the war mongers, you might want to read the facts starting with the military casualty reports over the last 9 years. More US troops were killed in just 2009 and 2010 combined to date than since the "War on Terror" began in 2001 through the end of 2008 combined.

http://icasualties.org/oef/

In fact, the highest fatalities of any month during the "War on Terror" was recently this summer probably due partially from the fact that more American troops are deployed over seas right now than any of the previous years of the "War on Terror":

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100730/...as_afghanistan

You can choose either side, but personally I don't believe there are any intelligent adults in federal politics. The current administration's record is worse than the previous as an undeniable fact. Sorry to get off track.

The current administration has stated they want a 40 mpg standard by 2014, which will suck for all of us. Right now the cafe standard is set for 35.5 mpg by 2016 (Bush signed this into law right before he left office in Jan 09'). Porsche has already announced they will be able to meet this standard with smaller engine hybrids. Bottom line is we only have a few years at the most to see anything decent before performance cars come to an end. It will be the 70's all over again.
With all due respect, as Ricky Bobby would say, the purpose of my remark was purely satirical ... sorry you missed that, I think its pretty funny, but not entirely unexpected that you totally missed that, and now back to the forum for GT3 related content...

Quick Reply: Any guesses on the next RS?