Notices
997 GT2/GT3 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

997.2 fitting problem (cant find link with info, guy that spun out from fitting loose

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2010, 04:38 AM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
Question 997.2 fitting problem (cant find link with info, guy that spun out from fitting loose

i remember the thread where there was a fitting on 997.2 GT3 where it came lose with extended track time and sprayed coolant (i think was coolant) on rear tires putting it into a spin... and then several people commented about same problem and how a quick cheap fix would alleviate this.

can anyone provide me a link that remembers the thread better and could think of better words to search

-riley
Old 09-09-2010, 04:40 AM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

just found it, of course...

https://rennlist.com/forums/997-gt2-...lure-pics.html

https://rennlist.com/forums/997-gt2-...t-mosport.html
Old 09-09-2010, 11:29 AM
amaist
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This happened to me on a 996 GT3 but with less dramatic results.

I was driving along on the track minding my business and at some point I slipped on what I thought (correctly) was coolant. So I am thinking to myself: "Some ******* is spilling coolant onto the track, he should check his car better".

Then I see the water temperature red light go on and I go into the paddock.

Turns out I was the ******* who should check his car better. The coolant pipe (the metal bit going into the engine) got loose and spilled all the antifreeze out.

We fixed it at the track with JB Weld but I did not drive the car again that day to let it cure properly. It's holding up ever since (almost two years now). I also switched to Water Wetter so that I don't endanger myself and others on the track.

P.S. My apologies for the profanity but I think it fits the context.

Quick Reply: 997.2 fitting problem (cant find link with info, guy that spun out from fitting loose