Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

GT2RS- Mass US Delivery Feb 11-14

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2010, 10:24 PM
Softarga
Instructor

Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts

I recently had lunch with CEO Porsche n/a and he told me the delivery will be at West Palm Beach on the day after Valentine's Day. Presumably Sebring will be break-in track... Can't wait.
Old 12-30-2010, 10:38 PM
Softarga
Instructor

Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts

My spec is white with black wheels along with sport seats. I love the contrast of the black carbon fiber and white. The premium for white paint is crazy. Also went with nav, chrono, red deviated stitching, GT2RS red/black interior, $258k sticker. A used GT2 997 is a much better value... Trading in my 03 GT2 and Ferrari 575M. I'll miss 'em.
Old 12-30-2010, 11:08 PM
gt3'er
Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts

Please post pix of that white beast when she arrives. She'll be a beauty...
Old 12-30-2010, 11:23 PM
Carrera GT
Wordsmith
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Softarga
I recently had lunch with CEO Porsche n/a and he told me the delivery will be at West Palm Beach on the day after Valentine's Day. Presumably Sebring will be break-in track... Can't wait.
The next time you talk with any of the big wigs at PCNA, suggest to them that sending out elaborate collateral like the 918 USB drive (without declaring that it is as close to 100% recycled materials as possible) tends to be both ironic at their expense and a mockery of a company attempting to be green in deed, not just in "message."

As for the GT2 RS, the idea of having to make time to get to a track (or airstrip?) that I don't care to drive in order to spend a day or two not being allowed to drive the GT2 RS at full bore, well, I'm hoping they've got something very well planned for that event. And it's January, so if they expect customers to magically set aside time and logistics in February, they better call their dates immediately or expect a lot of disappointed customers buying the most expensive car they've had on offer in the US since the Carrera GT. They might start by supporting and fully informing their dealer network with a coordinated operation.
Old 12-30-2010, 11:26 PM
aussie jimmy
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Carrera GT
I'll take the one on the left, in both photos. : )
agreed. the new cars need some more craziness. too many compliances these days. yeah it's quick, but it lacks that nth degree of vulnerability. that character that gives it an indelible difference for the long run.
Old 12-31-2010, 10:58 AM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,673 Likes on 776 Posts

delivery will be at West Palm Beach on the day after Valentine's Day.
That's the Tuesday after V day weekend, not too bad. Only 30 mins from me, I might try to sneak in :-)
Good luck keeping it out of the wall at walls-everywhere PBIR. You can probably hit 170 on the back straight before the very tight 45MPH right hander.. Good for bedding in pads..

1 week earlier at www.48hoursatsebring.com would have been a wholehelluva lot better though!

My spec is white with black wheels along with sport seats. I love the contrast of the black carbon fiber and white.
That's how I would have ordered it! Looks pretty crazy to me in that color and love the understated decals in black. Also nice that you can now spec black seat belts. still not possible in 3RS.
Old 12-31-2010, 01:48 PM
Yoops Racing
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My spec is white with black wheels along with sport seats. I love the contrast of the black carbon fiber and white. The premium for white paint is crazy. Also went with nav, chrono, red deviated stitching, GT2RS red/black interior, $258k sticker. A used GT2 997 is a much better value... Trading in my 03 GT2 and Ferrari 575M. I'll miss 'em.
Sweet I can't wait to see your car tooling around Johns Creek.....
Old 12-31-2010, 07:41 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

For those not familiar with PBIR, it is doen the street from Orbit.
So you can receive it, prepare it at orbit and store it in their warehouse for your winter outings and ship it back to your corner of the country after the winter.

I also have plenty of alarmed heated and A/C warehouse space available for free with free brake in service.

Just sayin'..
Old 12-31-2010, 08:01 PM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 182 Likes on 129 Posts

Originally Posted by malmasri
So much for the Porsche recommended break in miles.....straight to the track must be the best way to break'er in
That's the way the cars used at PSDS are...no miles right to the track. Never any engine issues I've been told by a few of the PSDS instructors.
Old 12-31-2010, 08:03 PM
mdrums
Race Director

Sebring is my home track...great track for a shake down.

I wonder who will instruct the newbies around the 17 turns at Sebring? Maybe Pat Long will show up!
Old 12-31-2010, 08:06 PM
Bob Rouleau

Still plays with cars.
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 256 Likes on 119 Posts

Local dealer in Montreal got one in December this year. Nice.
Old 12-31-2010, 08:53 PM
aussie jimmy
Rennlist Member

guys, what's the story on the main straight at sebring? i drive it on xbox and it feels like driving on cobblestone in italian piazza. is it heritage or something?
Old 12-31-2010, 09:24 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

The front straight is a bit bumpy, but not too bad, T1 is also bumpy.
T17 on the other hand is real bad.

I look forward to go out again in practice session with CUP cars. Pretty cool to see them bounce off the track on slicks while we pass on the inside on R compound. Only till they adjust springs and figure out the track ;-)
Old 12-31-2010, 09:32 PM
aussie jimmy
Rennlist Member

ok, so t17 is the last turn? lot of understeer through there pulls you towards the wall. i like the back sections, nice variety there.
Old 12-31-2010, 11:09 PM
mdrums
Race Director

Originally Posted by aussie jimmy
guys, what's the story on the main straight at sebring? i drive it on xbox and it feels like driving on cobblestone in italian piazza. is it heritage or something?
The front and back straights are concrete runways from the 1940's.....so is turn 17 that connects the back to the front straight....some very nasty bumps around the 1st bridge at T17...I've had my front end and entire car go airborn. Turn 1 is bumpy at track out right before the concrete goes to asphalt.

Quick Reply: GT2RS- Mass US Delivery Feb 11-14