Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

GT2RS- Mass US Delivery Feb 11-14

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2010, 10:29 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,628 Likes on 755 Posts

Hi Peter- Maybe it will be Sebring? Feb would be good to drive in FL, cool and lower humidity. Hmmm, how can I figure out a two month SE vacation? I have a place to park it (Peter's house) maybe fly back/forth? If we could find somebody to drive it for me to keep the battery up that would be great...
DONE!
The A/C-ed garage is yours

This is South Florida, we all own empty warehouses and condo's. Accomodations should be no problem.

Gotta have done T17 at Sebring...
Attached Images  
Old 08-30-2010, 10:55 AM
BBTurbo
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree that mid Feb delivery is a tough time of year for anyone in snow country. Even getting down there could be a weather challenge. I was originally skeptical about Porsche even holding this event. Thought it was just a rumor. Looks like I have to eat crow

Deposit is due no later than Seot 10th. Looks like I need to get a hold of the order guide and start picking out options.

Last edited by BBTurbo; 08-30-2010 at 12:26 PM.
Old 08-30-2010, 11:09 AM
Carrera GT
Wordsmith
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
Gotta have done T17 at Sebring...
That looks "serious." : )
Old 08-30-2010, 11:12 AM
Carrera GT
Wordsmith
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by BBTurbo
I agree that mid Feb delivery is a tough time of year for anyone in snow country. Even getting down there could be a weather challenge. I was originally skeptical about Porsche even holding this event. Thoughtbit was just a rumor. Looks like I have to eat crow

Deposit is dur no later than Seot 10th. Looks like I need to get ahold of the order guide and start picking out options.
As far as I know, there's no order guide, just the peek through a keyhole on the Web site ("build") ... and, incredibly, there are some cars still available, (at MSRP) including one the SF Bay Area.
Old 08-30-2010, 11:41 AM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,833 Likes on 952 Posts

Originally Posted by Carrera GT
... and, incredibly, there are some cars still available, (at MSRP) including one the SF Bay Area.
"Incredibly". Really? This is like Bloomberg using the term "unexpectedly" every time bad economic data is released.

Last edited by Nizer; 08-30-2010 at 05:16 PM.
Old 08-30-2010, 12:30 PM
BBTurbo
Instructor

There is an order guide that will be delivered to the dealer. It is referenced to be delivered under separate cover in the allocation letter. I would expect it to show up this week.

As far as MSRP, I would think that the vast majority if not all would be sold at MSRP. No reason to pay a premium in this market. No advantage to first in the country. They are all being delivered on the same day.
Old 08-30-2010, 12:33 PM
cgomez
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 8 Posts

Also, PCNA is getting very involved in the process and wanting to know specific info about each buyer of each GT2RS with the pre-order.

I really wanted this car to replace my GT2, but also wanted to use it in Germany for a few months, but given the controlled delivery process, Euro delivery is not an option so I will have to pass (and then probably get a "used" one in the US later in the year....)
Old 08-30-2010, 01:05 PM
mobonic
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Pete you're my hero!
Old 08-30-2010, 05:10 PM
rods
4th Gear

Hi all,my first post here!
Collecting my RS in October from the factory,UK car.

Rob
Old 08-30-2010, 05:16 PM
Carrera GT
Wordsmith
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by rods
Hi all,my first post here!
Collecting my RS in October from the factory,UK car.

Rob
Welcome. What did you spec for your car?
Will you be taking it home by road and visiting the Nurburgring?
Any tracks you frequent?
Old 08-30-2010, 05:35 PM
rods
4th Gear

Thanks for the welcome,

The spec is Black/Black ,gold wheels,carbon rear wing,carbon fenders,clear glass tail lights.
Lightweight bucket seats,universal audio interface,cruise,auto dim mirrors,sound package plus,black thicker steering wheel alcantara,extended carbon package,carbon b pillars,carbon rear centre console,all stitching in guards red,pcm,chrono plus,lid of storage bin alcantara with porsche logo,floor mats with red rs logo.
Just about covers spec!!
The car will be tracked,will definately be going to the Nurburg on the way home weather permitting.
Old 08-30-2010, 05:49 PM
Carrera GT
Wordsmith
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by rods
Thanks for the welcome,

The spec is Black/Black ,gold wheels,carbon rear wing,carbon fenders,clear glass tail lights.
Lightweight bucket seats,universal audio interface,cruise,auto dim mirrors,sound package plus,black thicker steering wheel alcantara,extended carbon package,carbon b pillars,carbon rear centre console,all stitching in guards red,pcm,chrono plus,lid of storage bin alcantara with porsche logo,floor mats with red rs logo.
Just about covers spec!!
The car will be tracked,will definately be going to the Nurburg on the way home weather permitting.
You're a JPS or Senna fan? : )

I can't quite believe that Porsche is still trying to "pay for black or white" game ... it's just a tad insulting. Some say the gold wheels are not so much "GOLD" and look great in a sort of Magnesium way. I'm not sure, if I were to order one, if I'd go minimal on the options (certainly lightweight battery, headlights and fenders) or push nose first into the feed trough and get the faux carbon stuff for the cabin with full leather and at least try to make the 1 or 2% price premium spruce up the cabin to make it look more like it belongs in a quarter million dollar rocket sled.
Old 08-30-2010, 05:59 PM
rods
4th Gear

Senna all the way!
Black is a NCO in the uk,the Gold wheels are a silver/gold effect as you say.
Old 08-30-2010, 08:42 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,628 Likes on 755 Posts

Rods,

Welcome and congrats on an awesome car

CGomez
"I really wanted this car to replace my GT2, but also wanted to use it in Germany for a few months, but given the controlled delivery process, Euro delivery is not an option so I will have to pass (and then probably get a "used" one in the US later in the year....)"
I insisted on Tourist delivery and was considering not taking my May build car when at first PNA said they cancelled the program. It's on the bucket list. Then they would for +/- $6K including 2 months insurance, but my car became a February car and it was still snowing in Europe. Now I am glad because for 6K I can ship the car to Europe for 5-6 months including insurance whenever I am ready and AFTER I added the roll bar, belts, wheels, etc.

So just get the car and should have it track prepped, broken in and ready to go in the container say end of March? The Ring, Spa and whatever else I can catch while there..
Old 08-31-2010, 08:14 AM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,833 Likes on 952 Posts

Originally Posted by BBTurbo
Locked it up today. Until I get the order guide, it's White with Black Wheels, PCM w/NAV and Sport Plus, Lift, Adaptive Sport Seats and Universal Audio.
Nice. Are you going for the carbon fenders? Must have IMO.

FYI, GTWORS available as a plate according to DMV website...

Quick Reply: GT2RS- Mass US Delivery Feb 11-14