Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

GT2RS- Mass US Delivery Feb 11-14

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2010, 10:24 AM
ir_fuel
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by BBTurbo
Locked it up today. Until I get the order guide, it's White with Black Wheels, PCM w/NAV and Sport Plus, Lift, Adaptive Sport Seats and Universal Audio.
an RS without bucket seats?
Old 08-31-2010, 11:44 AM
savyboy
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Locked it up today. Until I get the order guide, it's White with Black Wheels, PCM w/NAV and Sport Plus, Lift, Adaptive Sport Seats and Universal Audio.
GT3RS? Or GT2RS? That will be good news to me if lift is available on GT2RS? But I am not aware that it is?

Originally Posted by ir_fuel
an RS without bucket seats?
Seriously...who tracks without harnesses anyway? In a 200mph car?
Old 08-31-2010, 12:44 PM
BBTurbo
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by savyboy
GT3RS? Or GT2RS? That will be good news to me if lift is available on GT2RS? But I am not aware that it is?

Seriously...who tracks without harnesses anyway? In a 200mph car?
I locked in the GT2RS. My dealer thinks lift will be available, he's waiting for the ordering guide.

as far as the Sport Buckets, I thought long and hard. I know where you guys are coming from. The GT2RS won't get any hard track time. It's 99% Street. I may take it to WGI one or two times to stretch it's legs. But, that's about it for the track. Other than that I want some comfort. I'm not a small guy. The sport buckets work OK for DE's and about a two hour drive on the street. Anything more than that and my butt goes numb. I also need an adjustable backrest for long hauls. (Just getting old, I guess)

My GT3RS is my track car and it's all set up. GMG Roll bar with Schroth harnesses and OEM bucket seats.

And seriously, why would anyone drive any car on the track without a roll bar and harnesses?? Even a Ford Focus travelling at 60mph can roll over.

As far as the GT2, After I slept on it, I switched to GT Silver w/ Black wheels. Also ordered the two tone interior. Waiting to hear on the CF Wing.

Here's my current spec:
911 GT2 RS
Exterior Color GT Silver Metallic
Interior Color Leather Interior in Black/Red

Exterior Options:
Automatically Dimming Mirrors with Integrated Rain Sensor
Headlight Cleaner Cover in Exterior Color
Carbon Fender (front)

Wheels
Standard 19" GT3 Wheel with Center Lock
Wheel Accessories
Wheels Painted in Black

Interior
Adaptive Sports Seats
Floor Mats in Interior Color

Interior Leather
Porsche Crest Embossed on Headrests

Interior Alcantara
Thicker Steering Wheel Alcantara in Black/Red

Interior Carbon
Rear Section of Center Console in Carbon
Additional Interior Carbon Package

Audio and Communications
Sport Chrono Package Plus
Porsche Communication Management (PCM) including Navigation Module
Sound Package Plus
Universal Audio Interface
Bluetooth Hands-Free Phone Interface
Old 08-31-2010, 12:46 PM
BBTurbo
Instructor

Originally Posted by Nizer
Nice. Are you going for the carbon fenders? Must have IMO.

FYI, GTWORS available as a plate according to DMV website...
Ordering the fenders. Also want the CF wing.

Thanks for the plate tip.
Old 08-31-2010, 07:56 PM
911/Q45
Addict
Rennlist Member

I have to say, owning a GT2RS and not regularly tracking it is like being married to Heidi Klum and not sleeping with her.
Old 08-31-2010, 08:11 PM
savyboy
Drifting

as far as the Sport Buckets, I thought long and hard. I know where you guys are coming from. The GT2RS won't get any hard track time. It's 99% Street. I may take it to WGI one or two times to stretch it's legs. But, that's about it for the track. Other than that I want some comfort. I'm not a small guy. The sport buckets work OK for DE's and about a two hour drive on the street. Anything more than that and my butt goes numb. I also need an adjustable backrest for long hauls. (Just getting old, I guess)
Sensible decision given the facts, I hereby retract my premature and inappropriate thought Nice spec, going to be a hell of a car!

Originally Posted by 911/Q45
I have to say, owning a GT2RS and not regularly tracking it is like being married to Heidi Klum and not sleeping with her.
You know where you will seeing a certain red GT2RS Don... lol I may need some instruction in turbo tracking technique...I know you have the experience.
Old 08-31-2010, 09:31 PM
BBTurbo
Instructor

Sensible decision given the facts, I hereby retract my premature and inappropriate thought Nice spec, going to be a hell of a car!

You know where you will seeing a certain red GT2RS Don... lol I may need some instruction in turbo tracking technique...I know you have the experience.
Your comment wasn't inappropriate. I agree that the Sport Buckets belong in the car. My dealer actually talked me into putting them back in the spec. He said it's a good excuse to lose a quick 20 lbs. LOL. If I have a long trip I'll jump in the Turbo S.

As far as the track for the GT2RS, It's an easy decision for me to leave it at home. The GT3RS is a phenomenal track car. I love the responsiveness, the precision and the wail of the exhaust. I started out on the Track with a Turbo, it was OK, but even a small lag will upset the car if it kicks in at the wrong time. It required a lot more attention to revs at certain points on the track.

I also think the GT2RS will be a beast (in a good way) to handle on the track. With a highly skilled driver it will be a incredibly quick car. With someone like me, I would spend more time sideways than straight. So, I'll take it out to get the initial thrill and most likely return to the GT3RS.

As a side note, if there really are only a 100 or so coming to the US and a few of those get totaled each year, that makes the GT2RS increasingly rare as time goes on. At least by todays standards. On the fip side, the 500 World Wide scares me a bit. I don't see these cars being a pre production sell out.

The only downside to me is the price. I'm not cheap. I'll pay for exclusivity, quality and performance. But I think Porsche is gouging quite a bit on this car. Charging $3100 for Black and White?

My spec totaled out at $264k. My Ferrari F458 spec with a ton of options was $263K. Doesn't seem right. But I can't walk away, the car is too damn good.

If Porsche wanted to really step up, the following should also be standard:
Lithium Ion Battery
Choice of Silver Or Black Wheels
PCM (with Delete option)
Carbon Fenders
All color choices at $0

The following should also be available options:
Painted Hood and side air scoops
CF Wing
Lift System
Paint to Sample
Euro Delivery

And the base Price should be $225k or less. Now that would be an instant sell out.
Old 08-31-2010, 09:43 PM
BBTurbo
Instructor

Any other orders in or planned by Sept 10th?

Savyboy has Red, he'll be West Coast. I ordered GT Silver, I'm East Coast. That leaves at least 98 Cars to go or we'll be on the track all by ourselves.
Old 08-31-2010, 09:57 PM
savyboy
Drifting

Any other orders in or planned by Sept 10th?

Savyboy has Red, he'll be West Coast. I ordered GT Silver, I'm East Coast. That leaves at least 98 Cars to go or we'll be on the track all by ourselves.
There are some takers I know of who haven't spoken up yet
Old 09-01-2010, 01:02 AM
911/Q45
Addict
Rennlist Member

I'm in.
Old 09-01-2010, 06:40 PM
Rich.
Instructor

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Wish I could go to the track day with my customers... I can only imagine what it will be like to put that beast on the track....
Old 09-01-2010, 07:07 PM
roberga
Nordschleife Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

SEE? I told you so!

A small handful probably, but if you want one you best not wait longer than a couple days to sign a buyers order. All builds will be locked in three weeks.

I am in the same situation. My house in Feb is a snowfield with ice-icing...sounds awesome now but the fact is I will need to have it trucked home...

But Laguna Seca will be a lovely place to be! Lol!
you can store it at my house until the snow melts. No charge..I will even deliver it for free.
Old 09-02-2010, 07:14 PM
jdcohenmd
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 3 Posts

First black pictures I have seen.

Last edited by jdcohenmd; 01-01-2013 at 03:01 PM.
Old 09-02-2010, 08:05 PM
Serge944
Rennlist Member

Received 55 Likes on 29 Posts

Wild - next to the CGT, even the GT2RS looks plain!
Old 09-03-2010, 02:28 AM
Carrera GT
Wordsmith
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by jdcohenmd
First black pictures I have seen.
I'll take the one on the left, in both photos. : )

Quick Reply: GT2RS- Mass US Delivery Feb 11-14