2010/11 GT3 RS vs Turbo S Help

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2010, 02:52 PM
Carrera GT
Wordsmith
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by laelops
After much indecision I decided not to make a decision. Picked this up (quick snap on way home) and have GT3 on order for December build. Wife falling in love with S, so may be able to pawn it off on her.

Is that GT Silver? Looks good. I know that photo spot -- you really got lucky with the weather too (I guess you're out trying the torrential rain traction of the new AWD today ...) And the right seats to suit the car. I saw a triple black Turbo S cab, but it had the 100-way plus-o-matic seats, which I think took something away from the appeal of the car given the context of 530 horse and PDK with ceramics.
Old 11-07-2010, 06:31 PM
laelops
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yes GT silver with it on the inside - belt pass and gear select trim, black center console. Wife likes the adaptive's better but I pretty much will only order the buckets, they fit us both perfectly. Ran some errands this morning was no problem at all in the rain.

GT3 on order is:
- aqua blue
- pccb
- sport buckets
- white gauges
- radio, dash wart, etc.. all delete
Old 11-07-2010, 07:27 PM
Carrera GT
Wordsmith
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by laelops
yes GT silver with it on the inside - belt pass and gear select trim, black center console. Wife likes the adaptive's better but I pretty much will only order the buckets, they fit us both perfectly. Ran some errands this morning was no problem at all in the rain.

GT3 on order is:
- aqua blue
- pccb
- sport buckets
- white gauges
- radio, dash wart, etc.. all delete
The conventional seat is a good compromise because it offers ventilation (great in a cabrio when the a/c doesn't do as much and the sun is working, but arguably out of character for a GT3.)

Deleting the radio in a GT3 is a tad hard core and could compromise resale without bringing much value. Perhaps valid on a "stripper" RS (lightweight headlights, lightweight battery, ceramics.)

Quick Reply: 2010/11 GT3 RS vs Turbo S Help