Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

997.2 C4S versus 997.1 GT3

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2010 | 02:31 PM
FFaust
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Carrera GT
... the "tractability" of the rpm limit in the GT3 and RS -- that's a helluva weapon. PDK shifts are quicker than manual, but quicker still is not having to shift at all and always being close to peak power above 4500 rpm means 4000 rpm to play with up to a very smooth red line.
THAT's the ticket, everything else is just numbers
Old 08-13-2010 | 02:36 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 911SLOW
He had a thing for free exhausts really, anyway I made the avatar b&w so its more of art than ****.

I drove pdk 2s and was like a faster v8 m3 great gearbox super fast maybe will allow people to be faster on the track as well when it joins the gt3 later but I ll stick with the manual for now, as I prefer the fun and challenge and dont care to be any faster really cause I am not racing with anyone.

About the 4wd I am glad to hear they fixed it, I didnt like it at all, maybe a car with it would be faster or drivable in bad weather condition but to go fast and enjoy no no it was nerve braking didnt know if the car would understeer oversteer slide do nothing.
PVT sounds interesting I think it is part of the playstation GTRs 4wd system.

John
When I was deciding to purchase my original 993 back in '96 I drove a 4 and did not like the handling compared to the 2 at all ... the front end felt sluggish and the car felt a little like it was FWD ... so I went with the C2S.

a couple of years ago I drove a Targa 4S at the ring, and it was wet so I was glad of the extra traction ... but I still prefer the feel/handling of the 2WD ...

driving the M3 a couple of weeks ago, I can see how the DCT/PDK is attractive to track driving, the shifts are smooth and effortless and you can focus more on your line etc ...

But like you, I like to stir a stick, and get a kick out of doing a really good heel/toe downshift when I get it right on ... it take the experience to a
higher level for me ...

but I could see how PDK would result in some faster laps ...

Quick Reply: 997.2 C4S versus 997.1 GT3