Notices
997 GT2/GT3 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Aftermarket Ceramic Rotors (PCCB Replacement)

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2011, 02:50 AM
Nordschleife
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The Mov'it rotor technology is the result of years of work by a high tech research spin-off. Mov'it selected these guy's technology after literally years of testing other manufacturers' solutions. At the same time Mov'it developed a calliper that would complement the rotors and researched suitable pad material.
The internal structure of the rotors makes them superior in terms of strength and reliability to the present keramic rotors as seen on PAG/VAG, Daimler, Ferrari, AM etc.
F1 one toyed with the technology and backed away on price and commercial grounds, this was several years ago before there was a developed commercial supply of and demand for the rotors.
I know what happens when you compare the Mov'it 6-piston calliper with the Brembo 8-piston frequently seen on german cars. I know which is better, as do all the factory ddrivers who have been involved.
Small German suppliers are cautious about dealing with VAG/Daimler/BMW as they have to expand to meet the increased demand and then get squeezed at each contract renewal, meaning that in the long run a huge portion of their work is unprofitable.
I doubt that many people in the US can afford these rotors, or even need them. I don't know how many race series will allow them. Technically, these rotors are entirely different to PCCB's for example.

The downside is price.

R+C

Quick Reply: Aftermarket Ceramic Rotors (PCCB Replacement)