Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Considering GMG Titanium Sport Center Section

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2010, 07:42 PM
jte
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Considering GMG Titanium Sport Center Section

I am considering the GMG WC Titanium Sport Center Section for my 2010 GT3.... I also considered the stainless version from GMG & Sharkworks.... after review I am leaning toward the Titanium due to the weight saving and performance gain.

Has any fellow board members installed the Titanium Sport Center Section and if so whats the feed back. I also would welcome opinion on whether the Titanium is worth the extra $$$ over the stainless - thx jte
Old 07-07-2010, 10:34 PM
911dev
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by jte
I am considering the GMG WC Titanium Sport Center Section for my 2010 GT3.... I also considered the stainless version from GMG & Sharkworks.... after review I am leaning toward the Titanium due to the weight saving and performance gain.

Has any fellow board members installed the Titanium Sport Center Section and if so whats the feed back. I also would welcome opinion on whether the Titanium is worth the extra $$$ over the stainless - thx jte
The Ti center section savings can't be that much over a SS bypass; maybe 4 -5 lbs, right?
Old 07-07-2010, 11:16 PM
P.J.S.
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

save the money and spend it on clear bra :-) (referencing avatar pic)

i have swbp and like it...

what is the price difference for steel and titanium on the GMG unit?
Old 07-07-2010, 11:18 PM
jte
AutoX

after reviewing further it appears it's only 2.5 to 3lbs... with that i am reconsidering the SS option leaning toward Sharkwerks
Old 07-07-2010, 11:21 PM
jte
AutoX

already did the bra.... couldn't wait for the 1st track day when i got the car, the tape did a great job. I still use it on the rocker panels in front of rear wheels
Old 07-07-2010, 11:45 PM
P.J.S.
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by jte
already did the bra.... couldn't wait for the 1st track day when i got the car, the tape did a great job. I still use it on the rocker panels in front of rear wheels
well then kudos to you for taking a virgin to the track!

swbp is great

I am sure the GMG and RSS versions are also great. I just got a better deal on the swbp when I was shopping. I personally feel they are all over priced for what they actually are but I have no idea how much r and d goes into them etc...
Old 07-08-2010, 12:41 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,596 Likes on 2,340 Posts

Originally Posted by jte
after reviewing further it appears it's only 2.5 to 3lbs... with that i am reconsidering the SS option leaning toward Sharkwerks
go Sharkwerks and add their Ti tips
Old 07-10-2010, 01:43 AM
CorrosionInhibitor
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wink

Hi Guys,

Just want to say first of all the SW muffler Bypass is a great quality product.

I`ve heard this on a 997 GT3 over here in the UK.

BUT what I`d like to say is...

I didnt choose the SW muffler bypass, I went the other route and purchased a EuroPipe Sports Exhaust for my 997 GT3RS.1.

Not only is it built to a standard that only Europipe and a few others including SW know how, the sound is just intoxicating.

I can honestly say everyone thats heard it comments on the sound, either at tick over, low revs when pulling away or on full chat when driving by. ALL GOOD BY THE WAY !

At a recent meet/track day in the UK a guy with a SW bypass and myself did some brivebys. Everyone that was looking/listening on was so positive on the Europipe and there comments we all in favour of the system as apposed to the SW.

Bottom line is everyones different.

The EP system is louder in all accounts than the SW bypass, but in the same token there is NO DRONE in cabin what so ever.

Also the help, support and advice from stef at Europipe is second to none, always on had to help, what ever the time.

This post was just to account that there is`nt just one favourable exhaust choice for the 997 GT3/RS

Last edited by CorrosionInhibitor; 07-10-2010 at 08:41 AM.
Old 07-11-2010, 06:26 PM
brim
Rennlist Member

I saw the Sharkwerks ti tip on another 2010 GT3 this week and I'd say you should really avoid it. The ti turns gold not blue and doesn't look too good. The other car I was out with had the Akrapovic full ti exhaust. If you're looking for weight savings and want an awesome sound, you WON'T be disappointed. A great exhaust system with the weight savings of ti.
Old 07-11-2010, 10:29 PM
roberga
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by PJS996GT3
save the money and spend it on clear bra :-) (referencing avatar pic)

i have swbp and like it...

what is the price difference for steel and titanium on the GMG unit?
:-)

Quick Reply: Considering GMG Titanium Sport Center Section