Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

FS My GT3RS.2 600 miles

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2010, 04:35 AM
superquant
Rennlist Member

Received 59 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by ADias
Should I be interested in an RS I would prefer a brand new one with the color I wanted or I would order one.
As I am sure everyone would, given no consideration for money. However as with everything, there is a price at which something barely preowned will seem like a good deal relative to buying the same thing brand new.
Old 07-05-2010, 04:38 AM
superquant
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by tcsracing1
maybe pass on the F-car and go straight into a trade in on a GT2RS..........
Honestly I think the gt2rs is pretty lame, or at the very least it is a terrible value. An over boosted 911, the same old stuff repackaged yet again. Say what you will about the f-cars, but they do spend the money on r&d to move the ball forward. Their new models truly are "new".
Old 07-05-2010, 04:55 AM
993MAN
Drifting

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

Trade it on a CGT then. Go all the way..
Best post I have ever seen by the way, best yet by far!
Old 07-05-2010, 05:04 AM
ADias
Nordschleife Master

Received 400 Likes on 273 Posts

Originally Posted by superquant
As I am sure everyone would, given no consideration for money. However as with everything, there is a price at which something barely preowned will seem like a good deal relative to buying the same thing brand new.
It depends. But as you put it, do not be surprised if the offers are low-balling.
Old 07-05-2010, 05:12 AM
carrering
Rennlist Member

Received 32 Likes on 18 Posts

just fly to italy, show up at factory door in maranello and tell them, "458, i want it, i'll take the next one going out the door." GLWS sq! i hope to read an equally entertaining post on the f-car.
Old 07-05-2010, 07:27 AM
ironimages
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Honestly I think the gt2rs is pretty lame, or at the very least it is a terrible value. An over boosted 911, the same old stuff repackaged yet again. Say what you will about the f-cars, but they do spend the money on r&d to move the ball forward. Their new models truly are "new".
Old 07-05-2010, 08:32 AM
911SLOW
Admin
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 127 Likes on 100 Posts

gt2rs first lame comment.
wtf?

John
Old 07-05-2010, 11:02 AM
Bill_C4S
Burning Brakes

+1

I'd enjoy watching the gt2rs demolish the f458...just for super quant to reappraise his alpha...
Old 07-05-2010, 11:16 AM
ZSA Motorsport
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Bill_C4S
+1

I'd enjoy watching the gt2rs demolish the f458...just for super quant to reappraise his alpha...
couple of thoughts that rolled thru my head...

1. market for the RS with 600 miles is 15 to 20back. I just sold mine with about 2 x those miles. just wasnt using it and really enjoying the cup car and boxster S racer. so i unloaded mine. thats the market. and thankfully its not less because there are some out there.

2. gt2 RS - you know, part of me hated reading superq's analysis of it. after all, its a gt2...it has the words "RS" on it. thing is going to be blistering fast, but you know, i kind of remember of the same hype around the 997.1 GT2(non-RS). and while yes, it was a terrific car, it was, atleast to me a slightly faster turbo. no more. i so much loved my 997.1 GT3RS more than the gt2. and of course the 997.2 RS is insanity for a porsche track or spirited road driver. but 300k for a porsche? not a cgt?
i mean, come on, thats just raping your customers. for 320,340 you can get a low mile, prefect CGT and frankly, i dont care how great a GT2RS might be, a CGT is cats meow and then some. so i hated reading the words, but part of me sort of agrees entirely.

Last edited by ZSA Motorsport; 07-05-2010 at 02:07 PM.
Old 07-05-2010, 12:14 PM
sdq7
Rennlist Member

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by 911dev
Although a beautiful car is it's a 2010. 2011 slots are available. $140k would be a good price for the seller in this market. I bet you won't see any buyers higher than $130k
I dont think that is reasonable to say that you wont see any offers highr than 130k. I do think that the prices will be steadily dropping but right now the market will still bear 135-140k. I would be in line for one at that price and I am sure that others would as well.
Old 07-05-2010, 04:52 PM
goofballdeluxe
Rennlist Member

Received 152 Likes on 99 Posts

ADD, coupled with more bread than a prison meatloaf, means a good deal for the next buyer.
Old 07-05-2010, 05:43 PM
Bouzoukikid
Instructor

Superquant
I followed the "purchase" thread and I'm also surprised your selling so soon. Fair enough the car may have not reached your expectations but you don't deserve to loose big money. Would be cool to find and the "F" car you desire that has low mileage like yours and has also been hit by depreciation so the hit is not as hard on part-ex. (or you may even come out on top).
Good luck.
We all spurred you on, now its only fair to try and give you some positive advice!!!!
Old 07-05-2010, 06:09 PM
superquant
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Bouzoukikid
Superquant
I followed the "purchase" thread and I'm also surprised your selling so soon. Fair enough the car may have not reached your expectations but you don't deserve to loose big money. Would be cool to find and the "F" car you desire that has low mileage like yours and has also been hit by depreciation so the hit is not as hard on part-ex. (or you may even come out on top).
Good luck.
We all spurred you on, now its only fair to try and give you some positive advice!!!!
Much appreciated. Buying a new car is always a money losing proposition the moment its off the lot but it's never pleasant to take the big hit so soon. I'm certainly not disappointed in the car, it's fantastic and in fact I wish I could just have both. That is not the most prudent thing though and so I was mainly investigating exactly how much of a hit I should expect. A few thousand might be tolerable but if we are talking 20 that would be wasting a lot of money and I'm not that foolish.

I guess my main nit is that I was perhaps expecting something a bit more different and new from the 996GT3 that I owned a few years ago (which I drove daily for 3 years). The RS is a lot more car but it feels like my old car with some things turned up and a nicer interior. It's all a little familiar to me and as you can imagine the comparative attraction of a new fcar (458) is a real itch that beckons to be scratched ...

To be continued later this month when I return from some travels (in Italy ironically)

In the meantime if there are interested serious parties (especially in the northeast region) please PM for further discussion.
Old 07-05-2010, 06:19 PM
LastMezger
Rennlist Member

Received 146 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by spg993tt
2. gt2 RS - you know, part of me hated reading superq's analysis of it. after all, its a gt2...it has the words "RS" on it. thing is going to be blistering fast, but you know, i kind of remember of the same hype around the 997.1 GT2(non-RS). and while yes, it was a terrific car, it was, atleast to me a slightly faster turbo. no more. i so much loved my 997.1 GT3RS more than the gt2. and of course the 997.2 RS is insanity for a porsche track or spirited road driver. but 300k for a porsche? not a cgt?
i mean, come on, thats just raping your customers. for 320,340 you can get a low mile, prefect CGT and frankly, i dont care how great a GT2RS might be, a CGT is cats meow and then some. so i hated reading the words, but part of me sort of agrees entirely.
+1

I think the GT2 RS is cool and I'm sure it is devastatingly fast but it represents terrible value. Many people who can afford $240-$300K (Canada) for a car still look for value.
Old 07-05-2010, 07:31 PM
Wilder
Rennlist Member

Received 5,257 Likes on 1,864 Posts

I guess my main nit is that I was perhaps expecting something a bit more different and new from the 996GT3 that I owned a few years ago (which I drove daily for 3 years). The RS is a lot more car but it feels like my old car with some things turned up and a nicer interior. It's all a little familiar to me and as you can imagine the comparative attraction of a new fcar (458) is a real itch that beckons to be scratched ...
Understood and appreciated. However, it's all a matter of perspective. That familiarity is one of the things that keep many a Porsche faithful coming back. The 911 is an evolutionary platform more so than any other car in the market. If it feels too familiar to your old 6, you probably haven't tested the limits yet. I wonder if you just need to give it (track) time? I wouldn't pass on "character and charisma" over technological prowess quite so quickly...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pqI0WavbHJ4&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]

Quick Reply: FS My GT3RS.2 600 miles