FS My GT3RS.2 600 miles

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2010, 02:59 PM
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 2,340 Likes on 624 Posts

actually john the Fxx and 599XX are both track only cars- the FXX program was about 2.5 million and the 599XX is a cool 1.3 mill.

to everyone- we can't really harp on porsche for building constantly faster and faster cars can we? I mean- the damn 458 is FASTER THAN THE ENZO around maranello's track. The ENZO!!!

the real problem relating to "porsche supercars" is that they make too many. not that they keep making new ones! Each ferrari is faster and better than the last one. Each porsche is better than the last one.

but the reason why the Enzo sells for 200% of it's original price is because they only made a few hundred. The CGT (which I own a glorious example of) currently sells for 70-85% of it's original MSRP with reasonable miles...because they made over 1000 of them.

sure- the new GT2 or GT3 or whatever will be faster and better than the last one. But life is short and you guys are trying to rationalize the illogical finances and ownership of +++100k toys.

If you can just say the following, it will make more sense.

"hey, I can lose 50k owning pretty much any luxury car for 3 years, how much fun can I have doing it?"
Old 07-06-2010, 03:01 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,631 Likes on 2,357 Posts

I'm actually glad that Porsche do make "affordable" sports cars ... my finances while not shabby would not allow me to play in the Ferrari game ... Porsche and the GT3 allows me to pay and play ... long may they continue to do so ...
Old 07-06-2010, 03:26 PM
Nugget
Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Larry Cable
I'm actually glad that Porsche do make "affordable" sports cars ... my finances while not shabby would not allow me to play in the Ferrari game ... Porsche and the GT3 allows me to pay and play ... long may they continue to do so ...
Same here. While my finances might let me stretch a bit into Ferrari territory they certainly wouldn't allow me to thrash the ever living crap out of a Ferrari on the track like I do with my GT3. Being able to afford the car is one level but being able to afford to put miles on it and actually use it appropriately is an order of magnitude higher for the F cars.
Old 07-06-2010, 03:38 PM
gt2r
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Car flipping

Doesn't this sound like a flip? It seems to me that when people purchase a car like this,, either you entend to keep it, drive it until a new model comes out to replace it or have the intention of flipping it to make money. In my experience there are always excuses made on why a car needs to be sold so quickly. Few are of the monitary kind,,generally it is because the person can make a buck on the deal. I don't know if this is the case here,,but it always tend to **** me off when there are people who actually want the cars aren't able to get them. My dealer has a newly arrived (this Week) RS in white at MSRP. If any one wants it.
Old 07-06-2010, 04:01 PM
Wilder
Rennlist Member

Received 5,142 Likes on 1,824 Posts

Originally Posted by gt2r
Doesn't this sound like a flip? It seems to me that when people purchase a car like this,, either you entend to keep it, drive it until a new model comes out to replace it or have the intention of flipping it to make money. In my experience there are always excuses made on why a car needs to be sold so quickly. Few are of the monitary kind,,generally it is because the person can make a buck on the deal. I don't know if this is the case here,,but it always tend to **** me off when there are people who actually want the cars aren't able to get them. My dealer has a newly arrived (this Week) RS in white at MSRP. If any one wants it.
No. As several people have pointed out, he's looking at a $20k hit. Flipping works when demand exceeds supply and cars sell well above MSRP. That party ended two years ago.
Old 07-06-2010, 04:06 PM
superquant
Rennlist Member

Received 58 Likes on 13 Posts

Werd to the Ich

Originally Posted by C.J. Ichiban
actually john the Fxx and 599XX are both track only cars- the FXX program was about 2.5 million and the 599XX is a cool 1.3 mill.

to everyone- we can't really harp on porsche for building constantly faster and faster cars can we? I mean- the damn 458 is FASTER THAN THE ENZO around maranello's track. The ENZO!!!

the real problem relating to "porsche supercars" is that they make too many. not that they keep making new ones! Each ferrari is faster and better than the last one. Each porsche is better than the last one.

but the reason why the Enzo sells for 200% of it's original price is because they only made a few hundred. The CGT (which I own a glorious example of) currently sells for 70-85% of it's original MSRP with reasonable miles...because they made over 1000 of them.

sure- the new GT2 or GT3 or whatever will be faster and better than the last one. But life is short and you guys are trying to rationalize the illogical finances and ownership of +++100k toys.

If you can just say the following, it will make more sense.

"hey, I can lose 50k owning pretty much any luxury car for 3 years, how much fun can I have doing it?"
Old 07-06-2010, 04:30 PM
superquant
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by gt2r
Yes, a flip for a loss. To be clear the car doesn't need to be sold, I am simply evaluating the options.
Old 07-06-2010, 04:55 PM
carrering
Rennlist Member

Received 32 Likes on 18 Posts

i say put it up for sale and roll the dice. only opinion that matters is the person writing the check. if i were debating ordering an RS in grey versus seeing one for sale at 10k discount and 600 miles, i would probably go for the discount and use the difference to buy the cage and other bits. your heart is set on a ferrari, you can afford it, go for it! 458 would be top on my list too if i were shopping for something in that price range.
Old 07-06-2010, 07:34 PM
roberga
Nordschleife Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Larry Cable
100%... what is the % of F car owners that take their cars out for a fun weekend of flogging? In my last 150 track days I have seen fewer than 5 on the track. 2 owned by the same guy. I would but one only if I could put 15,000 miles a year on the car with 20+ track days a year in there. Not going to happen.
Old 07-06-2010, 09:08 PM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,886 Likes on 972 Posts

From a purely selfish standpoint I say flip it. That way a few months (or weeks) from now we'll get a shot at a used one of these....
Attached Images  
Old 07-07-2010, 01:55 AM
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 2,340 Likes on 624 Posts

Originally Posted by roberga
I would but one only if I could put 15,000 miles a year on the car with 20+ track days a year in there. Not going to happen.
(making chicken noises) bok bok bok BOK.

hahha.

I agree with you guys. I REALLY want a 360CS, 430Scud, 458 but the cost and MORE IMPORTANTLY: time lost due to maintenance are a lot longer than P-cars.
Old 07-07-2010, 02:51 AM
NJ-GT
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

I have 6,000 miles in the Scud since new, no RMS leaks, original diff, original clutch, not a garage queen. My two GT3 (996 and 997) had engines out several times, even my Cayman had an engine replaced. I thought the engine out service was a Ferrari thing, but it actually is a Porsche thing.

Regarding the F458, too much of a premium to drop just 1 second around the Nurburgring over the Scuderia, and the engine and transmission have not been raced yet in ALMS, ACO, GT2, GT3 or Challenge series (and I don't like the extra 400 lbs). Wisdom says to wait until the car is raced for 2 years, the bugs worked out and then get the lighweight track focused version that will have to compete against the MP4/12C and GT2 RS, so it will come good. I learned to buy sport cars that are actually raced professionally, so I get a solid car that goes through a track session as easy as a canyon drive.

IMHO, selling a 2011 GT3 RS for $130k to get a F458 at almost $300k is a very bad move. Wait a few months, and get the F458 at discount on the used market as that car will take a nice hit from its overpriced MSRP. But if money is not an issue, then you should not have a problem moving your RS for $100k today, in which case I just need an address to fly there and pick it up.
Old 07-07-2010, 04:31 AM
carrering
Rennlist Member

Received 32 Likes on 18 Posts

speaking of 458's there are 19 in the Nurnberg area between $240-$250K USD (before tax) at current exchange rate. All have between 100km - 5000km on the clock. I can't believe how many are available. Its harder for me to find a decent diesel 1 series here.
Old 07-07-2010, 04:50 AM
911SLOW
Admin
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 126 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by carrering
speaking of 458's there are 19 in the Nurnberg area between $240-$250K USD (before tax) at current exchange rate. All have between 100km - 5000km on the clock. I can't believe how many are available. Its harder for me to find a decent diesel 1 series here.
Its not that they build too many its the f*ed up economy that holds them and its gonna be like that for at least 2 years..
bmw diesel? try to find a smart fortwo
Great times to buy supercars if you got the cash.

John
Old 07-07-2010, 06:57 AM
superquant
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by NJ-GT
IMHO, selling a 2011 GT3 RS for $130k to get a F458 at almost $300k is a very bad move. Wait a few months, and get the F458 at discount on the used market as that car will take a nice hit from its overpriced MSRP. But if money is not an issue, then you should not have a problem moving your RS for $100k today, in which case I just need an address to fly there and pick it up.
Why don't I just pay YOU to take the car off my hands?!

I hear you on the 458 and scud. Maybe a scud would be more appropriate and less of an uptick from the RS.

Quick Reply: FS My GT3RS.2 600 miles