Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

GT2 & GT3RS to RSR suspension

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2010, 09:26 PM
Red9
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I do not want to sound churlish or argumentative for the sake of it--but--guys-you make a lot of presumptions.As it happens--I already own a number of Cupcars and other very high performance Porsches. I was/am interested in the path I posted about--- basically what others experience has been and the results.Some interesting threads that deal with parts of my query have been bought to my attention-much appreciated thankyou.
One of the great features of this and other forums is the quality of some of the contributors and the information that comes to light(both good and bad!) .It can save a lot of time and money .As someone being helpfull? here was kind enough to point out--I am not in downtown USA and I do not have any 997 RSR's remotely close to me to go and look at-- so information about every part -- including the competency of those I might deal with in the US- is very important. In doing any research on any model Porsche-- I like to know what the ultimate set-up is-- it is then a question of acceptable compromises and econimic viability.Above all else-- being able to learn from others experience is invaluable.
Old 06-13-2010, 10:15 PM
jenk12m
Banned

i agree with just buying a cup and paying for some good coaching to learn how to drive it fast
Old 06-14-2010, 01:08 AM
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 2,062 Likes on 581 Posts

Red9, I think what Mr. Linton, myself and a few others are trying to get at, is what your intended usage is for the car? we're just trying to point you in the right direction overall.

my point wasn't to discourage but rather to say that when getting suspension stuff- you should go with what is properly tuned for your specific vehicle. a street RS is a +3000lb car with no fluids and no driver. As such, motons, KW, JRZ, bilstein, manthey and other "club racing" type parts are geared and adjustable with that specific weight in mind.

a factory RSR is much closer to 2500lbs with no fluids, no driver. as such- the suspension pieces would behave much differently even if you're "adjusting by the book" because the RSR suspension book is in regards to the RSR.
Old 06-14-2010, 01:24 AM
Carrera GT
Wordsmith
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Red9
I do not want to sound churlish or argumentative for the sake of it--but--guys-you make a lot of presumptions.As it happens--I already own a number of Cupcars and other very high performance Porsches. I was/am interested in the path I posted about--- basically what others experience has been and the results.Some interesting threads that deal with parts of my query have been bought to my attention-much appreciated thankyou.
One of the great features of this and other forums is the quality of some of the contributors and the information that comes to light(both good and bad!) .It can save a lot of time and money .As someone being helpfull? here was kind enough to point out--I am not in downtown USA and I do not have any 997 RSR's remotely close to me to go and look at-- so information about every part -- including the competency of those I might deal with in the US- is very important. In doing any research on any model Porsche-- I like to know what the ultimate set-up is-- it is then a question of acceptable compromises and econimic viability.Above all else-- being able to learn from others experience is invaluable.
I, for one, generally don't assume that people arriving here at Rennlist have a warehouse full of factory bespoke race cars at their disposal.

It occurs to me, in the unlikely event that what you say is true -- and you're not part of the usual Internet population of 40-something virgins living in their parent's house, or 14-something virgins living in their parents house -- you'd benefit from reading any and all of the posts by one of our greatest and most respected mad men, grussell.
Old 06-14-2010, 01:37 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,663 Likes on 2,330 Posts

Originally Posted by C.J. Ichiban
Red9, I think what Mr. Linton, myself and a few others are trying to get at, is what your intended usage is for the car? we're just trying to point you in the right direction overall.

my point wasn't to discourage but rather to say that when getting suspension stuff- you should go with what is properly tuned for your specific vehicle. a street RS is a +3000lb car with no fluids and no driver. As such, motons, KW, JRZ, bilstein, manthey and other "club racing" type parts are geared and adjustable with that specific weight in mind.

a factory RSR is much closer to 2500lbs with no fluids, no driver. as such- the suspension pieces would behave much differently even if you're "adjusting by the book" because the RSR suspension book is in regards to the RSR.
well put, cj.
my RS would be stock. not even roll bar i think.
the track bitch, 2600-2700 i hope gets caged and all the suspension stuff.
different uses
Old 06-15-2010, 01:35 AM
Red9
Racer

Originally Posted by Carrera GT
I, for one, generally don't assume that people arriving here at Rennlist have a warehouse full of factory bespoke race cars at their disposal.

It occurs to me, in the unlikely event that what you say is true -- and you're not part of the usual Internet population of 40-something virgins living in their parent's house, or 14-something virgins living in their parents house -- you'd benefit from reading any and all of the posts by one of our greatest and most respected mad men, grussell.
You really do look for an argument in that blank space you list as your location-- you question my truthfullness-- would you like to put your money where your mouth is? Lets us say about the value of an RS as to who is telling the truth.- put up or shut up.
I see in some other threads that you may know something --- but from your total lack of people skills it would be best if you confined yourself to expressing YOUR opinion about what colour you like best.
Old 06-15-2010, 03:04 AM
Carrera GT
Wordsmith
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Red9
You really do look for an argument in that blank space you list as your location-- you question my truthfullness-- would you like to put your money where your mouth is? Lets us say about the value of an RS as to who is telling the truth.- put up or shut up.
I see in some other threads that you may know something --- but from your total lack of people skills it would be best if you confined yourself to expressing YOUR opinion about what colour you like best.
I wasn't sure if it would be 40 or 14. Looks like 14.
Old 06-15-2010, 05:11 AM
Red9
Racer

Obvious you cannot afford to put your money where your mouth is.Like I said--put up.shut up.
Old 06-15-2010, 09:17 AM
RWK
Instructor

Default lighter note

On a lighter note, as the op has certainly been curteous and respectful here:

The RSR uprights and subframes were added to my vehicles in an attempt to:
A. lower the vehicle while maintaining correct suspension geometry
B. Lower the roll center of the complete vehicle
C. Move the point at which the suspension forces impart to the
chassis closer to the primary vehicle roll axis.
( reducing suspension induced forces infuence on stability)

The motorsport parts relocate the suspension mounting and pick up points considerable. These modifications then also involve work on the ABS system, wheel clearance, exhaust clearance, A/C system removal, Etc. Etc.etc.

Although I am by no means a pro level car driver, I can tell you that the RS when completed with the comphrensive supension modifications, is in fact a different car ( as it should be considering the $). I have had professional level drivers, given the opportunity to drive the machine, opine that it was in fact incredible! It has been certainly worth it for myself, and I will probably do it again on my 11, in less somebody here helps me!!!

Quick Reply: GT2 & GT3RS to RSR suspension