Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

As usual, SUPERB documentation! Perfect -
Old 05-23-2010, 06:34 PM
mikymu
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Nizer
Just reviewing your installation details. Perhaps the difference is due to fact that butterfly valve doesn't close completely on Akra system (as opposed to stock) thereby allowing some bypass to side mufflers to still take place relative to completely eliminated side mufflers on Race system....
The sound difference between Evolution (exhaust not going through side mufflers) and race is the extra sound chamber created by the side mufflers on the Evolution setup. The butter fly valves are in the open position in Sport mode so they don't interfere with sound

Originally Posted by Craig - RennStore.com
As usual, SUPERB documentation! Perfect -
Thanks
Old 05-24-2010, 07:13 PM
Md11skipper
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mike, you are the best! Excellent and detailed report, now I know why my RS is so fast.
Another happy Akrapovic tail pipe!
Attached Images  
Old 05-25-2010, 12:59 PM
mikymu
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Md11skipper
Mike, you are the best! Excellent and detailed report, now I know why my RS is so fast.
Another happy Akrapovic tail pipe!
Thanks Peter. It sure look like you guys had fun ... even in snow. Very brave.

So your RS pull on the 2010 GT3. I think better engine response from the 100 cell Akrapovic exhaust has alot to do with it

Old 06-06-2010, 03:36 AM
mikymu
Addict
Rennlist Member

Tried out the Evolution with Sharky center bypass configuration at Laguna Seca. Max db was 97.8 on quiet mode with exhaust going through side mufflers. Loud mode was .... well, INSANELY GOOD!!! It sounded like 5000 angry horses ready to stampede you at the tail pipe. Engine response is again fantastic. Even with major lift from T5 to crockscrew plus lost of concentration while looking out for meatball I was within 1 second of my previous best time. The car was just super easy to drive.

Back to drawing board. Need to drop 3-4 db from each exhaust bank. Stay tune ...

Old 06-22-2010, 04:11 PM
DarkSideEwok
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sweet write up!

wish you would post the traqmate data, so we can gauge how fast you are going in various sections of the track
Old 06-23-2010, 04:15 AM
mikymu
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by DarkSideEwok
sweet write up!

wish you would post the traqmate data, so we can gauge how fast you are going in various sections of the track
Yeah, I am working on it. It is not an easy sync with my HD camcorder. Will have more track videos up soon
Old 08-17-2010, 12:24 PM
Stacke
2nd Gear

There's so much data in this thread so my head spins (end of the day over here). Have you tried the Evolution system (side mufflers and center muffler) on the track with the quiet mode and sport mode on to see what the dB level would be?
Old 08-17-2010, 12:30 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,586 Likes on 734 Posts

Yeah, I am working on it. It is not an easy sync with my HD camcorder.
You don't say... If a Macgyver like you can't figure it out easily, you can imagine how long it took me.....
Old 04-14-2012, 10:51 AM
senna
Burning Brakes

Hi,

There was no reason to start a new tread as this is the most well documented install I seeing here.

About a month ago I bought an Akropovik race system from a fellow member here. We just did the install yesdarday and everything is fine, until about 120 miles later I got the engine light because of the 100cell Cats. No big deal...

Another fellow member and I have been talking off line and I may have two options.

1- Buy the Bonalume here http://www.akrapovic.com/car-exhaust.../evolution-78/

2- Update the ECU with new software.

What do you all think? I am looking for an opinion on the pros and cons of uploading the software. I am leaning towards not touching the ECU, but that is just me.

If you have any experience with this please let me know your thoughts.

Thank you very much!

SC
Old 02-19-2013, 10:31 PM
modoz61
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hi Senna

Very late to this thread and not sure if you took the plunge or not

In Oct 2012 I had the race system and ECU mod fitted

the system came supplied with a flash tool with both the original and modified settings and I can freely switch between the two if needed.

No issues with engine light nor with operation, that said it is a system for track use only

I am changing back to stock with a sharky bypass for a long road trip early next month but then the race system will be reinstated.

Go for it.

Quick Reply: Nip/Tuck