Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Track video and data synch options

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2010, 06:50 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,673 Likes on 776 Posts

the traqmate is GREAT, but like most powerful things in life, you just have to learn how to use it.

Well it might become goodN sure has not been great for me the past 2 years.
Jjust learning it is not so easy with counter intuative software, no dealers in driving distance, bad manuals and a crappy slow support forum.

They are getting better, I was about to e bay it all a couple of months back and I would not be the first person to do so. But the new 100+ page manual is not great but better and I found a good dealer only 1 hour driving away. I have about 3k in hardware(HD upgrade), 2k in labor and many frustrated weekends invested and I think it all works OK now. The data is good, etc, video syncs and tesult looks cool..

I just want to let less techicalyl sofisticated buyers know when they see my youtube end results that the slogan "Timing made easy" is not exactly correct.

Sorry bad typing from BB in europe on my way to porsche museam and nurburgring via some stops ...
Old 06-27-2010, 02:06 PM
DarkSideEwok
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
the traqmate is GREAT, but like most powerful things in life, you just have to learn how to use it.

Well it might become goodN sure has not been great for me the past 2 years.
Jjust learning it is not so easy with counter intuative software, no dealers in driving distance, bad manuals and a crappy slow support forum.

They are getting better, I was about to e bay it all a couple of months back and I would not be the first person to do so. But the new 100+ page manual is not great but better and I found a good dealer only 1 hour driving away. I have about 3k in hardware(HD upgrade), 2k in labor and many frustrated weekends invested and I think it all works OK now. The data is good, etc, video syncs and tesult looks cool..

I just want to let less techicalyl sofisticated buyers know when they see my youtube end results that the slogan "Timing made easy" is not exactly correct.

Sorry bad typing from BB in europe on my way to porsche museam and nurburgring via some stops ...
Yeah everything seems so basic, but there are a few tutorials out on the internet that will help you set things up.

Yeah I spent about 2k on the hardware - traqmate and chase cam + pdr - but I installed it myself. I sold the Chase Cam recently for $600 and have been using the Go Pro HD - which is awesome. Can't beat it for $230 for HD and its size and ability to be put ANYWHERE.

The Traqmate has its nuances. It is SOMEWHAT easy to use - for those that are computer literate. If not, its gonna be a mess!

Awesome, I will be in Germany in August!

Quick Reply: Track video and data synch options