Received 1,896 Likes on 976 Posts
Default New '10 RS available

Just arrived Hoehn Motors in Carlsbad, CA today:
White/Red
PCCBs
Lift
PCM
Bluetooth

Might be some other small options - can't remember full spec. Ask for Chris Neumeyer. Nice guy. No affiliation. Just happened to be in the area on business and stopped into dealership. Claims to also have '11 allocation available.
Old 04-24-2010, 06:05 PM
Salespunk
Instructor

Received 101 Likes on 50 Posts

Was this one for the guy that has his Yellow GT3 on consignment there?
Old 04-24-2010, 06:23 PM
ZSA Motorsport
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

gave the guy a call for a friend. they want $20,000.00 +MSRP.
i thanked him nicely, said good bye.
no how, no way. there are several at msrp out there. a few just under.

Originally Posted by Nizer
Just arrived Hoehn Motors in Carlsbad, CA today:
White/Red
PCCBs
Lift
PCM
Bluetooth

Might be some other small options - can't remember full spec. Ask for Chris Neumeyer. Nice guy. No affiliation. Just happened to be in the area on business and stopped into dealership. Claims to also have '11 allocation available.
Old 04-24-2010, 07:23 PM
savyboy
Drifting

Originally Posted by spg993tt
gave the guy a call for a friend. they want $20,000.00 +MSRP.
i thanked him nicely, said good bye.
no how, no way. there are several at msrp out there. a few just under.
I hope the dealer chokes on it.

Just say no to financial rape.

A car can be found at MSRP for someone seriously looking. I would hope anyone using this dealer for service work would now chose to take their business elsewhere knowing how they treat the true enthusiasts.

Don't support dealers that f*ck their customers.
Old 04-24-2010, 08:24 PM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

these california dealers are getting ridiculous. that grey/red was 40k over... almost 200k!!!
Old 04-24-2010, 08:28 PM
JohnnyBahamas
Race Car

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hope they go bankrupt holding out for 20k over.
Old 04-24-2010, 08:38 PM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Salespunk
Was this one for the guy that has his Yellow GT3 on consignment there?
Yes it was.

FWIW, RS sticker was $154k but I didn't talk price at all. I guess it pays to be nice when you're carjacking your customers.

The guy with the yellow GT3 apparently wants what he paid for his car. Hopefully he didn't get raped when he bought that car.

Either way, didn't sound like a deal that was gonna fly.
Old 04-24-2010, 09:05 PM
mikymu
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

All California Porsche dealer have out dated calender. Everyone seems to think it's still 2006 where people are using their home to write checks and Lehman Brothers still accept investments. I don't bother go to ANY California Porsche stealer - just a waste of time and fuel.
Old 04-24-2010, 09:40 PM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mikymu
All California Porsche dealer have out dated calender. Everyone seems to think it's still 2006 where people are using their home to write checks and Lehman Brothers still accept investments. I don't bother go to ANY California Porsche stealer - just a waste of time and fuel.
Doesn't surprise me. My two main takeaways from CA: 1) really nice weather; 2) really freakin' expensive. Gas was 30cents more a gallon than MA. Sales tax is outta control and they charge it on EVERYTHING. Income tax at 9.55% on anyone earning more than $47k. I didn't even bother checking out RE taxes. About the only reasonably priced thing I found were the burgers at In-N-Out. There must be a helluvalotta subsidization going on to have that kind of tax burden and still be in such a fiscal mess.
Old 04-25-2010, 02:09 AM
YA911Fan
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by savyboy
I would hope anyone using this dealer for service work would now chose to take their business elsewhere knowing how they treat the true enthusiasts.
Besides, the service department at that particular dealer is not that great. If you have to get a Porsche serviced in the SD area, the other dealer is much better.
Old 04-25-2010, 03:16 AM
Tacet-Conundrum
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yup unfortunately Cali is the most screwed up state. Just need to legalize weed for another source of tax revenue.
Old 04-25-2010, 04:37 AM
mikymu
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Nizer
Doesn't surprise me. My two main takeaways from CA: 1) really nice weather; 2) really freakin' expensive. Gas was 30cents more a gallon than MA. Sales tax is outta control and they charge it on EVERYTHING. Income tax at 9.55% on anyone earning more than $47k. I didn't even bother checking out RE taxes. About the only reasonably priced thing I found were the burgers at In-N-Out. There must be a helluvalotta subsidization going on to have that kind of tax burden and still be in such a fiscal mess.
Other than Porsche stealer I like California in general. I try to stay away from S. California - it's too crazy and congested. Yes, Tax here is unbelievable that's why we drive all kinds of business to other states. State government run way too many social and welfare programs which we can not afford with drop in property tax revenue from real estate bust and over 10% unemployment rate.
Old 04-26-2010, 12:24 AM
NelsonF
Pro

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

MSRP or under where? Please pm me.
Old 04-26-2010, 01:28 AM
jimxyz
Instructor

Originally Posted by mikymu
A certain dealership in Newport Beach has a sales motto of "people who buy Porsches don't worry about the price" I had a sales guy tell me that when I asked about a 997 GT3 and a friend got the exact same comment when he asked about a car there as well...
Old 04-26-2010, 01:34 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,813 Likes on 2,382 Posts

Originally Posted by jimxyz
A certain dealership in Newport Beach has a sales motto of "people who buy Porsches don't worry about the price" I had a sales guy tell me that when I asked about a 997 GT3 and a friend got the exact same comment when he asked about a car there as well...
hum... does that mean there are a lot of wealthy but brainless ppl in newport beach

when i buy my accord, i dont care about price.
when i buy a GT3, i wont pay a penny more. i will not take the car unless fuel is topped up. if the put the velcro spikes on the carpet, i will reject the car. the more money i spend the pickier i will be.

wont be buying from the newport dealer

Quick Reply: New '10 RS available