Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

2010 RS Pics. Ferraris and Friends. Thunderhill

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2010, 10:35 AM
TeamDrugMoney
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by savyboy
Fantastic to see a RS in the hands of a true driver! Can you imagine the dull life your RS would have had being a garage queen, never getting to stretch her legs. Good for you for properly taking care of your GT3 RS!

That track looks like fun, BTW

Enjoy your time out on track!
Old 04-18-2010, 11:28 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,630 Likes on 2,314 Posts

great driving and smooth as butta.
slighly earlier turn in at T6 and T9, up hill blind.
T8, as 171mph dave would say, lift and just GUN IT, use all the track and a bit of dirt too. he beats me at T8 every time. but his car eats more dirt than mine hahaha
Old 04-18-2010, 11:31 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,630 Likes on 2,314 Posts

Originally Posted by savyboy
Hehe.. you know I did that just to provoke the bubble wrappers? I bet it brought some to tears...

Now that I have had a chance to process and review some video, I actually ran a 2:06. The last two runs I did not video because my video system was acting up, but there is a good chance I had a 2:05 in there.

I think turn 7 and especially Turn 8 are my nemesis, and to a lesser degree turn 1, when I get those perfected, I will pick up some huge time. I feel super comfortable with all the rest.
are you in 5th gear making T1? damn what speed at braking point?

NV has no income tax? i need to move.
any state without federal tax
i am still hurting from 4/15
Old 04-18-2010, 12:55 PM
roberga
Nordschleife Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mooty

Washington: Live on the border with Oregon: Wa= no income tax: OR=No sales tax. 1 nice local track and 2 more within a 120 miles.
Old 04-18-2010, 01:31 PM
Tacet-Conundrum
Drifting

There ya go; Galena was on the tips of my typing fingers.

My work brought me back to Bakersfield Ca in late 2008.

Me and my better half didn't really fall too much in love with the area. Only thing really we did like were a few of the Sushi places. Rickshaw's on Virginia just north of south McCarran where the Olive Garden is. If you ever get the chance try the place and ask for Ugen.

I might be making my way for a visit to Reno in about a week or so. We should try to get a Porsche of Reno Sushi run going. Only big problem is due to tax purposes I will be driving my DD; which is not a Porsche!
Old 04-18-2010, 02:14 PM
savyboy
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

great driving and smooth as butta.
slighly earlier turn in at T6 and T9, up hill blind.
T8, as 171mph dave would say, lift and just GUN IT, use all the track and a bit of dirt too. he beats me at T8 every time. but his car eats more dirt than mine hahaha
Thanks for the kind comments! I need to treat 8 as I do 15 on to the front straight. That one I am at the limits and comfortable and the car is almost wallowing into the exit berm from the g's. Need to work on more and earlier throttle on 8. Intimidating due to the speed there.

I see what you mean about earlier turn-in on 9 and 6. Good point, I will work on that.

Yep, no state taxes Yes, 5th into turn 1, maybe 135mph at brake point? At :38 you can see my two shifts from 5th to 3rd into turn 2

Originally Posted by Tacet-Conundrum
I might be making my way for a visit to Reno in about a week or so. We should try to get a Porsche of Reno Sushi run going. Only big problem is due to tax purposes I will be driving my DD; which is not a Porsche!
Mikuni at Northstar is the BEST sushi for 200 miles around. I no longer eat the delicious treat anywhere else. Well worth the 45 minute drive. I will go try Rickshaw though since you had a good experience with them.
Old 04-18-2010, 06:43 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,631 Likes on 758 Posts

It's a bit hot and humid....Sales tax is 6.5%
Old 04-18-2010, 08:56 PM
vtgts300kw
Advanced

That track looks awesome, looks like its stuck in a time warp. Love it.
Old 04-18-2010, 10:46 PM
Tacet-Conundrum
Drifting

Northstar eh? Never thought about going up to the lake for Sushi. I lived in Incline Village for a fee months with friends until we found a place down the hill.

For Rickshaw's I sure hope they still have Ugen. She was going to UNR and we have not been back in almost a year. Also hope they have a good staff there. I've seen the staff turnover there and they started getting crappy reviews. So I hope they knock it out of the park for when you go.

Finally Azara's Italian in Incline is well worth the trip. They have this almond breaded chicken which is worth the trip from here to there all by itself.
Old 04-19-2010, 04:16 PM
cscrogham
Burning Brakes

Received 157 Likes on 86 Posts

Pete my friend, you are living the dream!
Just FYI, my blue/gold car is on the way and there are 133 cars that are either on order or still in the system (doesn't count the ones already delivered), I had my PCNA buddy look up other blue ones (10), blue/gold (3) and blue/gold with standard brakes (1-mine). We have rare cars my friend! I think just yours, the one in France and mine have similar specs. My personal ugly favorite was a blue with red trim and silver wheels with ceramics, how many colors going on there?
Have fun killing bugs fast.
Old 04-19-2010, 04:23 PM
TraqGear
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice driving Pete. Can't wait to get out there myself.

The apex of performance, comfort & safety since 2011.
All new racewear available now→ traqgear.com
Old 04-19-2010, 07:53 PM
savyboy
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by cscrogham
Just FYI, my blue/gold car is on the way and there are 133 cars that are either on order or still in the system (doesn't count the ones already delivered), I had my PCNA buddy look up other blue ones (10), blue/gold (3) and blue/gold with standard brakes (1-mine). We have rare cars my friend! I think just yours, the one in France and mine have similar specs. My personal ugly favorite was a blue with red trim and silver wheels with ceramics, how many colors going on there?
Hello Cole! That should be the RS license plate frame: "Kills Bugs Fast" Haha! I am living the dream and very appreciative for the opportunity in life to do so.

Wow, interesting info? Only 3 Blue/Gold? That is crazy!

Your offer was hugely appreciated, but as you can see, I have been a (dirty) track rat (and doing instead of watching...lol). Let's see how things shake out over the next few months and we may have other things to discuss

I have some surprises in the works to make my RS even more unique visually...and better performing. Stay tuned.

When is your delivery date? I know your "battlefield" days are over by choice, but still very interested to hear how you like this rascal on a track.

Good to hear from you my friend!

Originally Posted by ZBB0730
Nice driving Pete. Can't wait to get out there myself.
Roger, just saw your car, looks great! You are going to have a blast. Be sure to post some driving impressions.
Old 04-19-2010, 09:31 PM
Snowboarder54
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm feeling it for sure!! Great job Pete, I know you're having a good time with that RS!!
Old 04-20-2010, 12:59 AM
helmutg
Track Day

Originally Posted by cscrogham
Cole - add one more to the list for a Blue/Gold with standard brakes. Mine finishes production on April 28th.

I was out at Thunderhill with Pete last Thursday and can tell you that the Blue/Gold color combo really looks good.....even if I could only see it for a few minutes while lined up behind him for our run sessions since he took off on me after that!

Pete, looking forward to seeing what more you have in store for the car!

John
Old 04-20-2010, 01:51 AM
gt3'er
Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts

Hey Pete! Great fun meeting you and Adam at TH a few weeks back. Seems like yesterday for me, but you've had about a thousand track days since then...and getting fast very quick. Well done! I look forward to chasing you down...

Quick Reply: 2010 RS Pics. Ferraris and Friends. Thunderhill