Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

2010 RS Pics. Ferraris and Friends. Thunderhill

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2010, 10:09 AM
cscrogham
Rennlist Member

Received 157 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by helmutg
Cole - add one more to the list for a Blue/Gold with standard brakes. Mine finishes production on April 28th.
That's great, I just love that color combo and thanks to Pete for changing my mind!
Old 04-20-2010, 10:16 AM
cscrogham
Rennlist Member

Received 157 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by savyboy
Hello Cole!
I have some surprises in the works to make my RS even more unique visually...and better performing. Stay tuned.

When is your delivery date? I know your "battlefield" days are over by choice, but still very interested to hear how you like this rascal on a track.

Good to hear from you my friend!
Can't wait to hear about it, your excitement is easy to read! I'd expect to see my car sometime in mid May. I am going to blow it into a million pieces for the Porsche Parade Concours this summer and see how we do, since there is no cosmoline I figure that saves about 500 hrs or so .

Then I may play with it at VIR during some of my shakedown sessions, I still do all of the testing and development for Synergy (ie-crash test dummy), but this one is mostly for safe keeping. I have destroyed enough new 911 track cars within weeks of arrival (read Daytona 24hrs) to last a lifetime...sounds like you and your friends here on RL have done quite enough track testing to approve!
Old 04-20-2010, 11:07 PM
lawjdc
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Cole - add one more to the list for a Blue/Gold with standard brakes. Mine finishes production on April 28th.

I was out at Thunderhill with Pete last Thursday and can tell you that the Blue/Gold color combo really looks good.....even if I could only see it for a few minutes while lined up behind him for our run sessions since he took off on me after that!

Pete, looking forward to seeing what more you have in store for the car!

John
John, it was great to meet you at thunderhill. Can't wait for you to get your RS and show Pete and me the way around the track!

-Doug
Old 04-21-2010, 01:56 PM
rodjac
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Savyboy: Just got around to catching up on all the posts. Thanks for the compliments on speed (all the GT2) and the age (all me with 70 coming up this year). It was a great couple of days. Your car looks as great in the pictures as it did in person. Keep it up and thrive.
Old 04-21-2010, 05:54 PM
helmutg
Track Day

Originally Posted by lawjdc
John, it was great to meet you at thunderhill. Can't wait for you to get your RS and show Pete and me the way around the track!

-Doug
Likewise Doug, will be fun to have a bunch of us out there at the same time later this summer (Rod, you'll have to take it easy on us on the front straight).

By the way, I watched the video from that last run session where I got loose in turn 3 on cold tires.....let's just say that the outside 'S' line through 3 isn't anything you would want to be following, so I'll make sure to line up behind you!
Old 04-21-2010, 11:31 PM
lawjdc
Three Wheelin'

Likewise Doug, will be fun to have a bunch of us out there at the same time later this summer (Rod, you'll have to take it easy on us on the front straight).

By the way, I watched the video from that last run session where I got loose in turn 3 on cold tires.....let's just say that the outside 'S' line through 3 isn't anything you would want to be following, so I'll make sure to line up behind you!
John - maybe that borrowed front tire didn't work so well for you!

-Doug
Old 04-22-2010, 01:11 AM
lawjdc
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by rodjac
Savyboy: Just got around to catching up on all the posts. Thanks for the compliments on speed (all the GT2) and the age (all me with 70 coming up this year). It was a great couple of days. Your car looks as great in the pictures as it did in person. Keep it up and thrive.
Rod - glad you're on Rennlist. Your GT2 is the blur in the background on my avitar. Hope to run with you again at Thunderhill. Great fun and good driving on your part!
Old 04-22-2010, 03:39 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,702 Likes on 2,342 Posts

Originally Posted by rodjac
you are coming up to 70, rod...
dont look like it at all.
i am back in a GT3, so next time i will have a better chance to catch up.
Old 04-22-2010, 11:48 AM
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 2,266 Likes on 611 Posts

I'd imagine T-hill is a lot of fun in a high horsepower car in nice weather...when I drove it we had a 168hp mx5 and it was 30 degrees out!

T1 is really a hoot...gotta balance the car really well...but t6-9 are really important turns and to get your fastest splits through there you need to have "long vision" which will prevent the feeling of being "rushed" through the turns at all.

I hope all you guys enjoy your cars in good health...I won't be back at TH until the 25 but I'll be jonesing for it til then.
Old 04-22-2010, 12:00 PM
savyboy
Drifting

I was out at Thunderhill with Pete last Thursday and can tell you that the Blue/Gold color combo really looks good.....even if I could only see it for a few minutes while lined up behind him for our run sessions since he took off on me after that!

Pete, looking forward to seeing what more you have in store for the car!

John
Hey John! It was great to meet and chat with you. It will be so cool to have a corral full of RS's out there later in the year.

Originally Posted by gt3'er
Hey Pete! Great fun meeting you and Adam at TH a few weeks back. Seems like yesterday for me, but you've had about a thousand track days since then...and getting fast very quick. Well done! I look forward to chasing you down...
And great to meet you as well! When is your next track day?

Originally Posted by mooty
you are coming up to 70, rod...
dont look like it at all.
i am back in a GT3, so next time i will have a better chance to catch up.
I gotta say meeting Rod and seeing him drive was really an inspiration and change of perspective for my next 25 years. Whole lot to look forward to.

Originally Posted by C.J. Ichiban
I'd imagine T-hill is a lot of fun in a high horsepower car in nice weather...when I drove it we had a 168hp mx5 and it was 30 degrees out!

T1 is really a hoot...gotta balance the car really well...but t6-9 are really important turns and to get your fastest splits through there you need to have "long vision" which will prevent the feeling of being "rushed" through the turns at all.

I hope all you guys enjoy your cars in good health...I won't be back at TH until the 25 but I'll be jonesing for it til then.
Long vision is a good point and makes perfect sense for that sequence of turns and I will exercise that next time. Thanks for mentioning.

25th of what month?
Old 04-22-2010, 01:44 PM
911/Q45
Addict
Rennlist Member

25 Hours of Thunder Hill race.

Quick Reply: 2010 RS Pics. Ferraris and Friends. Thunderhill