Notices
997 GT2/GT3 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Crap! Allstate bailed on me! Insurance help!

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2010 | 06:06 PM
Carrera GT
Wordsmith
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by bella1
Ever wonder why your rates are so high!
Decades of government mismanagement?
Sky high taxes?
Nuisance litigation?
Preposterous liability "laws"?
The uninsured get a free ride?
The health insurance system is a sham?
Corporate hospitals?
Absurd DOT regulators?

I give up -- there's too many.
Old 05-19-2010 | 07:26 PM
tdf360
Pro

Amica is worth a look, last time I checked they had no blanket exclusion.

Gary
Old 05-21-2010 | 01:25 AM
Backmarker
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Macster
Maybe so but Allstate refused to pay for a tow to a shop qualified to repair my Turbo. I found one in Las Vegas and Allstate refused cause it was not one of their Pro shops. A GM shop was and Allstate wanted me to take my Turbo the GM shop. Found another shop in Reno and Alltate refused to tow car there too.

While the car was in Ely NV -- I was on a trip and hit a deer -- I was insured by CA Allstate. CA being my home.

Then when I got the idea of having the car towed to Las Vegas GM dealer and then moving the car to this other qualified shop Allstate refused to even tow the car to anywhere. I was told the car was at a Pro shop in Ely and the car could be fixed there The shop in Ely refused to work on the car and I wouldn't have let it anyhow. Allstate told me to take the car to a gas station and have temp repairs done and drive the car back home (600+ miles).

I refused. PCNA told me it doesn't consider a car roadworthy after an accident until the car inspected by one of its dealerships and its service personel.

When I did get the car to a qualifed shop in Livermore (where I live) Allstate used its Pro shop relationship to prevent the body shop from doing a proper repair of the car. It got so bad the owner of the shop told me to take the car away to another shop. He apologized but said that his hands were tied and because he got a lot of business from Allstate he'd rather lose one repair job (mine) vs. maybe 30% or more of his total repair jobs.

The shop I moved the car to did a proper job and Allstate paid for most of it. If I'm successful with my legal efforts it will end up paying for all of it.

I wouldn't have broken roller skate insured by Allstate let alone a Porsche.

Sincerely,

Macster.
Sounds like a bad situation

My experience with them has been the opposite- wife wrecks it, they pay. Again and again.

In my experience your agent is the key to good insurance, more so than the company doing the underwriting.
Old 05-21-2010 | 01:37 AM
brendo
Three Wheelin'

the policies and exclusions vary by state. this is the first year USAA specifically excluded accidents on tracks. i'd suggest to all to read up on your policy each year. i only have great things to say about USAA but i'll have to look elsewhere and do the math for track coverage this year.

old exclusion policy: “Loss to any vehicle while it is being operated in, or in practice for, any speed contest.”

NEW exclusion policy:

"A driving contest or challenge includes, but is not limited to:

1) A competition against other people, vehicles or time; or

2) An activity that challenges the speed or handling characteristics of a vehicle, or improves or demonstrates driving skills, provided the activity occurs on a track or course that is closed from nonparticipants."

Quick Reply: Crap! Allstate bailed on me! Insurance help!