Lehman gets 997.2 GT3 & CCW wheel update

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2010, 08:57 PM
LehmanZ06
Pro

Received 98 Likes on 61 Posts
Default Lehman gets 997.2 GT3 & CCW wheel update

Hello,

My name is David Lehman. I am the proud new owner of a 997.2 GT3.....yellow, with lift and engine mounts. I am not good at posting pictures, and just activated my chepo membership....cost $ 0.....so sorry no pictures, but if you have a 997.2 GT3 and have seen one....just think Yellow and that's my car.....(note...painted yellow seat backs). Purchased mid March.

CCW update....John, the owner of CCW called me, as I live in South Florida, and asked if I would get my car up to Daytona, so that he could make measurements. I said sure.....maybe within the next week or two. He said someone might be sending him a stock wheel, but it looks like if nobody else goes and brings him their car----then I will. I live about 220 miles south of CCW. Not sure if I will trailer up the car on my open fealtherlite that I transport my ASP corvette, or drive it up. Thinking probably trailer.

Where are the towing points....easy to find right ?
Anything I should be aware of ?

John said he was going to pick up a torque wrench, and he laughed when I said 369 ft lbs.

Anyway glad to make a post----I think it's my first one.

I am a active autocrosser.

David
Old 04-09-2010, 09:05 PM
dsu*
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

congrats on the new purchase david + welcome to the forum.

I saw you drive it up, break in the car! you'll enjoy every mile of it =)
Old 04-09-2010, 09:12 PM
LehmanZ06
Pro

Okay Dsu....I hear what your saying.....but sawing up and breaking a brand new car isn't going to be on the menu, although if you were telling me to drive it up without trailering....then maybe.
Old 04-09-2010, 10:48 PM
Imprezivblue
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LehmanZ06
Hello,

My name is David Lehman. I am the proud new owner of a 997.2 GT3.....yellow, with lift and engine mounts. I am not good at posting pictures, and just activated my chepo membership....cost $ 0.....so sorry no pictures, but if you have a 997.2 GT3 and have seen one....just think Yellow and that's my car.....(note...painted yellow seat backs). Purchased mid March.

CCW update....John, the owner of CCW called me, as I live in South Florida, and asked if I would get my car up to Daytona, so that he could make measurements. I said sure.....maybe within the next week or two. He said someone might be sending him a stock wheel, but it looks like if nobody else goes and brings him their car----then I will. I live about 220 miles south of CCW. Not sure if I will trailer up the car on my open fealtherlite that I transport my ASP corvette, or drive it up. Thinking probably trailer.

Where are the towing points....easy to find right ?
Anything I should be aware of ?

John said he was going to pick up a torque wrench, and he laughed when I said 369 ft lbs.

Anyway glad to make a post----I think it's my first one.

I am a active autocrosser.

David
Is this a new autox toy?
Old 04-09-2010, 11:17 PM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,629 Likes on 2,314 Posts

ok, pete (trakcar) this is your cue. get your RS to CCW. i need more wheels.
Old 04-10-2010, 01:07 AM
LehmanZ06
Pro

Originally Posted by Imprezivblue
Is this a new autox toy?
Not sure. But I guess if I shelp all the way to Daytona---to let John look at my wheels and the car.....then it's going to be very hard not to buy those wheels when he makes a set.

Oh, who am I kidding....I probably will..
I just know I would have to change the stock alignment of course, which would make the car worse for street driving.

David

PS....i am trying to remember your name.....I am picturing you now in my head....I remember you sitting I think with Feinberg and some others at the Pro banquet like the year before last....got it Tara Knoll....but I had help as I looked in some old SCCA event result book.

PSS....i hate it when something is on the tip of my tounge and yet I can't think of it.
Old 04-10-2010, 09:35 AM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,628 Likes on 755 Posts

ok, pete (trakcar) this is your cue. get your RS to CCW. i need more wheels.
They have my cell#.
I offered it a few times in e-mail and on the phone. He does not know when or what yet. So I ordered BBS.

I figure I let them get their sh*t together and wait until I have the car in my hands (Monday) to contact them again.

it;s a 3+ hour drive each way up and down from me and I still have a bunch of work to get done to my car the next few weeks to get it track ready.

Now we are no rush right, BBS should be here by end of month...
Old 04-10-2010, 11:19 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,629 Likes on 2,314 Posts

^ yea i got the same BBS too ;-) but as you know, we need 10 sets of wheels hahaha
Old 04-12-2010, 12:57 PM
TeamDrugMoney
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Lehrman, thanks for making the effort (hopefully) to get your car to CCW. I am holding off til they come out with their wheels to make my final decision. I am hoping their product is the best overall choice.

Looking forward to your update!

Mike
Old 04-12-2010, 01:13 PM
smf32s
Rennlist Member

Received 40 Likes on 22 Posts

David,

I am running a '07 GT3 in ASP here in DC this season with Junior in my class in the Yellow Z06. I was working with Strano yesterday on my setup and seem to be getting it very well set. Sam thinks the car is very capable of taking Nationals with a little fine tuning. Of course, I am not going to be able to wring that much out of it but Sam drove it fantastic yesterday and really liked it.

Good luck with your wheel hunt. I am lucky in the ability to run my regular set of wheels from TireRack.

Have fun and maybe see you here in DC for the Pro.

Stu
I used to run a Black Boxster S in ASP and BSP here in DC.
Old 04-12-2010, 10:31 PM
LehmanZ06
Pro

Hey Stu....how you doing.

Nice car you got there !

I think my GT3.....is faster than my ASP vette.

I told John at CCW that I would be coming up in the future, when he is ready for me.

BUT....would it be crazy to run the stock wheels, eventhough they are only 8.5" in the front. I wonder if the stock 19"'s would have any advantage over like 18" CCW's.

Also, does anyone know what the availability of the stock center lock wheels for the 2010 GT3 are ?

Thanks,
David
Old 04-13-2010, 12:22 PM
smf32s
Rennlist Member

Received 40 Likes on 22 Posts

David,

I am running 8.5x18 and 12x18's on mine with 255 and 315 A6's. I wanted a 9 inch for the front but got such a great deal on the 8.5, I couldn't turn it down.

Good luck finding the right wheel. You don't have the PCCB's, do you? If not, maybe CCW can make 18 center locks too besides the 19's.

Enjoy your new ride and I agree it is probably faster than the vette.

Stu
Old 04-13-2010, 04:07 PM
LehmanZ06
Pro

For right now......

Looks like I won't be going up any time soon to CCW.

Decided to hold off, and John wasn't quite ready..........

Oredered stock set......may also grab a set of CCW's when they are available.

CCW and John are always first class.

Lehman
Old 04-13-2010, 04:54 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,628 Likes on 755 Posts

I think you found out the same as I did with CCW:

Grrat guy, great service, great product, just a little overwhelmed at the moment with the move, new machines, etc. etc. I had to order a set of BB$ for now and I will get some CCW later.
He's leaving a lot of $$ on the table though.....
Old 04-13-2010, 04:58 PM
rmag
Rennlist Member

Received 52 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
He's leaving a lot of $$ on the table though.....
Yep ... probably 20+ sets within the last 2 weeks! I even gave up on waiting for CCW for a 2nd set, and ordered 2 sets BBS

Quick Reply: Lehman gets 997.2 GT3 & CCW wheel update