Notices
997 GT2/GT3 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

New 2010 GT3RS - good to be back in RS!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2010, 06:17 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,640 Likes on 762 Posts

let's be cautious out there. lot of hooligans on track now days.

+1!

I have some video's that might make you think twice about DE. Be patient be careful. Not always easy..
Old 06-11-2010, 07:40 PM
mjb
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mooty
now that i am a little calmer from my single malt....

the pace was off for sure. perhap open passing as well....
but this is infineon.
and it is the esses.
'stang could have passed in T7, T4, T3, T1, T11, all those turns have SLIGHTLY more run off then esses and much eaiser to catch the car if either the passee or the passer messed up. passing in the esses will end up VERY UGLY if something should go wrong.

now if this was the lemon race or the last lap of ALMS, sure, i might drive OVER the car in front of me. but i think this is DE. last time i won my DE, i got no girl, no money.....
Couldn't agree more....esses absolutely worst place to pass no matter if it's open passing or not - many have been bitten by 8-8a sequence.

I've had a generally good exerience with TMR and I know Doug wouldn't tolerate that if brought to his attention.

Oh, btw, Lemons didn't run that config, i.e. 8-8a then 9. The organizers knew that would invite even more chaos and carnage than usual. Went 8, 8a to the outside then down to a chicane - I think similar to IRL. Still lots of passing in 8 tho
Old 06-11-2010, 07:42 PM
mjb
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Oh, btw, absolutely stunning RS Fred
Old 06-11-2010, 09:24 PM
Carrera GT
Wordsmith
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

... spoke with the head of TMR and he also watched the video. he was not aware of such incident on the day of the event. if someone pointed out to him, he would have thrown the 'stang out. it not only passed the camera car, it also passed in several corners without obeying the passing rule of the run group...
Oh dear. If the 'stank driver wasn't observing passing rules, that's time for "remedial" driver instruction. No "two sides" in this case.

ps. Do Mustangs still have "live" real axles (ie. "fixed beam" like a pick-up truck ... not independent)? I think so. At least until very recently (last two years at most.) Not exactly great handling cars...
Old 06-12-2010, 01:30 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,660 Likes on 2,327 Posts

Originally Posted by Carrera GT
Oh dear. If the 'stank driver wasn't observing passing rules, that's time for "remedial" driver instruction. No "two sides" in this case.

ps. Do Mustangs still have "live" real axles (ie. "fixed beam" like a pick-up truck ... not independent)? I think so. At least until very recently (last two years at most.) Not exactly great handling cars...
i know nothing about mustangs other than i dont like them, except eleanor, you know the early REAL manly mustangs.

want real american muscle? corvette is much more palatable.
Old 06-14-2010, 02:47 PM
Billy Wyatt
Burning Brakes

Received 29 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Fred TTX50
Need to learn to upshift.All i can say.
Old 06-14-2010, 03:26 PM
eclou
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1,226 Likes on 599 Posts

I don't care what others say, but Fred has the best cars of all-time, of ALL-TIME

Old 06-14-2010, 03:40 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,601 Likes on 2,341 Posts

now that i am a little calmer from my single malt....

the pace was off for sure. perhap open passing as well....
but this is infineon.
and it is the esses.
'stang could have passed in T7, T4, T3, T1, T11, all those turns have SLIGHTLY more run off then esses and much eaiser to catch the car if either the passee or the passer messed up. passing in the esses will end up VERY UGLY if something should go wrong.

now if this was the lemon race or the last lap of ALMS, sure, i might drive OVER the car in front of me. but i think this is DE. last time i won my DE, i got no girl, no money.....
I would have simply pulled into the pits and reported him for the passing violation and ask to have him black flagged in ... or at least have him "spoken to" after the group pitted ...

if you dont complain this behavior will not be corrected IMHO

Quick Reply: New 2010 GT3RS - good to be back in RS!!