Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Porsche Lagune

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2010, 04:46 AM
HRMinHawaii
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mike
Thanks for the 3.2 sec sound fix. I know you saved the day for another GT3 and RS. It was great meeting fellow Rennlisters at the track. I didn't know the famous Mooty was there!
Mike
Old 03-08-2010, 05:56 AM
mikymu
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by 996toomey
When is the next Mooty Laguna Instructor Day.

I have always wanted to drive on that track. How far in advance do you have to book Mooty as the instructor for the day?
You better get some seat time with mooty before he get his next race car. Yes, you heard me right, he is without a Porsche at this time!

Originally Posted by 996FLT6
Mooty doesn't want to instruct me- he knows I can drop 2 seconds off my laptimes and he doesn't want that : ). Mike
LOL

Originally Posted by HRMinHawaii
Mike
Thanks for the 3.2 sec sound fix. I know you saved the day for another GT3 and RS. It was great meeting fellow Rennlisters at the track. I didn't know the famous Mooty was there!
Mike
Hey Mike. I like you new avatar. I did not know the little vacuum cap is worth two cans of Hawaiian macadamia nuts Don't forget to remove it unless Hawaii has some crazy exhaust sound regulation like Laguna. My heart aches every time I think about your GT3 in Hawaii. Hope you can island hop to big island sometime for fun drive ... or better yet, ship it back to the states from time to time for some much needed track days
Old 03-08-2010, 12:49 PM
996FLT6
Rennlist Member

Received 248 Likes on 204 Posts

Mikymu- Mooty rode with me one time as I was chasing Dave at Thill. He didn't say a goddamn thing other then great car control spin over the top of t5 : (. Mike
Old 03-08-2010, 01:42 PM
mikymu
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 996FLT6
Mikymu- Mooty rode with me one time as I was chasing Dave at Thill. He didn't say a goddamn thing other then great car control spin over the top of t5 : (. Mike
LOL

He did not say anything is because you did not **** him off enough like I did

I know he would pay me compliment if I do a 360 down crockscrew
Old 03-08-2010, 03:07 PM
80shilling
Intermediate

Mike... Nice write-up.. Was great to see so many Porsches there especially Mike (HRMinHawaii) from Hawaii's gorgeous blue 997 GT3.. That Car is STUNNING.. By The Way.. great piece of Beer research there Mike... my screen name, 80shilling is in fact named after my favorite Scottish Beer

A couple of pics:

Frank's Seal Gray GT2... Now I don't feel so lonely out there..

Old 03-08-2010, 04:34 PM
mikymu
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 80shilling
Mike... Nice write-up.. Was great to see so many Porsches there especially Mike (HRMinHawaii) from Hawaii's gorgeous blue 997 GT3.. That Car is STUNNING.. By The Way.. great piece of Beer research there Mike... my screen name, 80shilling is in fact named after my favorite Scottish Beer

A couple of pics:

Frank's Seal Gray GT2... Now I don't feel so lonely out there..
Hey Graham

Nice to see you here at rennlist. Great looking pictures! Did your friend take these picture for you or did you have to pay?

Yes, I saw the other GT2 and good to see two of you out there. My next event at Laguna will be around end of May with trackmaster. Hope we don't have to worry about rain at that time.

For the longest time I was trying to figure out why you use 80shilling as your forum name ... and trying to figure out conversion to USD lol

I hope to get rid of 30+ lbs from the rear with some form of light weight exhaust before May and still pass sound at Laguna. Love your wheels!
Old 03-09-2010, 04:13 AM
HRMinHawaii
Advanced

Originally Posted by mikymu
You better get some seat time with mooty before he get his next race car. Yes, you heard me right, he is without a Porsche at this time!

LOL

Hey Mike. I like you new avatar. I did not know the little vacuum cap is worth two cans of Hawaiian macadamia nuts Don't forget to remove it unless Hawaii has some crazy exhaust sound regulation like Laguna. My heart aches every time I think about your GT3 in Hawaii. Hope you can island hop to big island sometime for fun drive ... or better yet, ship it back to the states from time to time for some much needed track days
I took off the cap as soon as the engine cooled a bit, saved the cap of course. I needed to have the sport mode growl back. Enjoy the mac nuts, not a payment, just thanks--the island way. I plan to be back but I'll be renting a spec Miata unless one of you guys wants to lend me your GT3 lol.
Old 03-11-2010, 04:17 AM
mikymu
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by HRMinHawaii
I took off the cap as soon as the engine cooled a bit, saved the cap of course. I needed to have the sport mode growl back. Enjoy the mac nuts, not a payment, just thanks--the island way. I plan to be back but I'll be renting a spec Miata unless one of you guys wants to lend me your GT3 lol.
You can chose any color GT3 from my fleet

Have fun at Hawaii and rev the engine couple times in sport mode to scare away the tourist lol

Quick Reply: Porsche Lagune