Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

It appears there will be a 2011 GT3 and GT3RS

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2010, 10:59 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,610 Likes on 2,347 Posts

Originally Posted by Polarporsche
Here is my spec’s and yes I’m just a little jealous of the low pricing offered to the US market. Especially since both currencies are near parity. (1.0173)

2011 GT3 No $138,100
Guards Red (Exterior) G1 $ 0
Black (Interior) 28 $0
Dynamic Engine Mounts 140 $1,780
Wheels Painted Silver 430 $0
Floor Mats 810 $130
Sport Bucket Seats P03 $4080
Porsche Crest in Headrest XCS $390
Sport Chrono W/O PCM 639 $940
Universal Audio Interface 870 $130
Destination Charges $1,085

Total Cost $ 146,635
(Subject to change with new 2011 pricing)
sweet .. apparently bluetooth and universal audio will no no-cost options in the US at least ...

you ^sure* you want sport chrono - IMHO (and I specced one on my '07) it's a waste of money ...

car sounds sweet!

sorry about the pricing/exchange rate ... could be worse you could in be Australia!
Old 03-20-2010, 01:34 AM
Polarporsche
Burning Brakes

Received 46 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Larry Cable
sweet .. apparently bluetooth and universal audio will no no-cost options in the US at least ...

you ^sure* you want sport chrono - IMHO (and I specced one on my '07) it's a waste of money ...

car sounds sweet!

sorry about the pricing/exchange rate ... could be worse you could in be Australia!
Some of the no-cost options may come to light once the official 2011 pricing is release, possible savings that would offset price increase, who knows. Now if they would just offer the Sports Seat as a no cost option, we would be talking real savings.

I tend to agree on the S/C option, I have one in my 2007 Boxster S, use it a few times but it's a PITA to operate at track speed and I have enough trouble paying attention to what’s going on already. I also have a Traqmate in the 6-GT3 that will go into the new car, I'll have to give that one some thought.

The price is what it is, smaller market, less volume, higher prices, all understandable and yes it's is much worse in many other countries.

Cheers
Old 03-20-2010, 06:31 AM
Carrera GT
Wordsmith
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Larry Cable

car sounds sweet!

Basterd!

Here I am living pretty high on the hog in California ... and you have to remind me that when I eventually return home down under, well, I imagine I'll be experiencing a less appealing location on the pig ... : |

What's an RS in AUD now, half a million? And the currency is nearing parity with the Greenback for the last 120 days? Fortunately Timmy and Ben assure us the economy is rock solid ... despite all evidence to the contrary ...

I guess I could take a wrong-side-drive one from CA to Australia, but then there's that pesky 100% import tariff ... that would be a tad spendy, especially since they gear it to the Australian domestic market value unless it's over so many miles and so many years old. Crooks.

ps. ditto ... Sport Chrono does nothing for the RS except put a $10 fob watch on the dash and create a very distracting way to end up losing control if you were ever stupid enough to use the thing on the track. : )
Old 03-20-2010, 07:34 AM
911rox
Rennlist Member

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

^^^ Very close.... About $350k + on road + options extra.... PCCB you ask, sure $20k.... Lift $7.5k.... PTS $11k... A 4 litre bucket of vaseline? Well our PM throws that in for free.... Coz it makes ramming us more comfortable for him! But I suppose you've got to fund ingenius schemes like burning peoples' homes down with dodgy insulation schemes somehow... Go Oz!!
Old 03-20-2010, 05:28 PM
axhoaxho
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Now if they would just offer the Sports Seat as a no cost option, we would be talking real savings.
Indeed my 2010 GT3, as well as a random number of others I heard, came with the Adaptive Sport Seats as a 'freebie' no cost option.

My car was supposed to come with the standard seats. I heard that somehow the factory was low on supply of some seats, hence it installed the Adaptive Sport Seat in some car at no cost...

I feel like a little kid having a free extra sccop of ice cream at Baskin-Robbins

Regards,
Old 03-20-2010, 06:52 PM
Polarporsche
Burning Brakes

Received 46 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by axhoaxho
Indeed my 2010 GT3, as well as a random number of others I heard, came with the Adaptive Sport Seats as a 'freebie' no cost option.

My car was supposed to come with the standard seats. I heard that somehow the factory was low on supply of some seats, hence it installed the Adaptive Sport Seat in some car at no cost...

I feel like a little kid having a free extra sccop of ice cream at Baskin-Robbins

Regards,
Sweet, nothing like pleasent surprises.
Old 03-20-2010, 07:03 PM
911dev
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by axhoaxho

Regards,
I'm glad for you, but what kills me is Porsche built some cars on the same day or at least within one day of each each other and randomly skipped some cars. A LOT of people got them for free, so my position would be seats for all or none. Porsche really handled this very poorly. Even the people that paid for them should be upset knowing that many got them for free.

Quick Reply: It appears there will be a 2011 GT3 and GT3RS