fvd turbos for 997 gt2

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2010, 08:56 AM
Jiaim
Advanced

Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts
Default fvd turbos for 997 gt2

http://london.craigslist.co.uk/pts/1560444420.html

found this ad, might interest some people out there, they retail for 5500$ each, don't have more info ond fvd website wich is very evasive about those, but fvd must have the ecu file to run with them (flashload 2000$ on special i think...)

i'm not affiliated with the vender in any way, just came across by broswing the web.
Old 02-10-2010, 09:17 AM
Tacet-Conundrum
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Not trying to detract from the thread but it's crazy when these companies charge so much for ECU flashing! I understand it's the R&D of it all and not necessarily some high school kid in his parent's basement...

But still 2 Large seems steep to me. Must be that PVAT.
Old 02-10-2010, 09:40 AM
TB993tt
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 115 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by Tacet-Conundrum
Not trying to detract from the thread but it's crazy when these companies charge so much for ECU flashing! I understand it's the R&D of it all and not necessarily some high school kid in his parent's basement...

But still 2 Large seems steep to me. Must be that PVAT.
For a proper ECU "flash" program an engine in said configuration will have spent 2 days on an engine dyno having all parameters re done before being signed off. The cost of doing the first program for said configuration is about $8K US excluding the cost of engine dyno maintenance, recalibration etc...... I guess it depends how many of each program they sell which determines how much they charge..... and of course the quality of the program/reputation of the "flasher"
Old 02-13-2010, 03:43 PM
Rhonda@FVD
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 51 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by Jiaim
http://london.craigslist.co.uk/pts/1560444420.html

found this ad, might interest some people out there, they retail for 5500$ each, don't have more info ond fvd website wich is very evasive about those, but fvd must have the ecu file to run with them (flashload 2000$ on special i think...)

i'm not affiliated with the vender in any way, just came across by broswing the web.
Jiaim,

That is a good savings for sure. I personally have never seen those dark housing's on our turbo's. For anyone who is interested in those turbo's make sure that they send pictures of the FVD part number on the turbo prior to purchase. That way you'll be sure that you are getting real Borg-warner K04/K26 FVD turbo's.

Your also right about the lack of information on our website for those turbo's, we really need to add more technical info. You would need a software file to run those. The GT2 software is currently $ 2495.00. Our 997TT & 997 GT2 software also comes with a single user version of durametric's diagnostic software. So our flashload cable has a dual use.

Thanks,
Rhonda

Contact me directly to get the latest FVD forum member discount!

Rhonda Roxburgh
+1-954-571-2050 x 1
rhonda.roxburgh@fvd.net

Want to learn more about us? Click here...

Old 02-13-2010, 07:08 PM
GT
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Rhonda can I ask you a couple of questions about these turbos? Do they have the same housing as the GT2 stock vtgs? What is the size of the compressor wheel? The stock GT2 ones are 46mm I think (vs 44mm for the tt). Any other differences? Finally what is the power rating on those?

Thanks
Old 02-14-2010, 06:33 AM
Jiaim
Advanced

Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts

who produce the biggest vtg?

9ff has a 750hp vtg kit, i bet these aren't the same as the 670 hp kit?

sportec has some 655 vtg kit

the fvd are listed on 620 hp TT kit (maybe more with the gt2 housing)...

+ the US @750 "US hp"...

hard to have real facts about upgraded turbos... it's like blind buy.
Old 02-14-2010, 08:00 AM
M-M
Intermediate

What´s the limit of HP/NM for GT2 to be driveable? I saw Top Gear tested a MB SL Brabus and it seemed to be undriveable at the track because of to much torque and rear wheel drive. It make´s me think about 9ff huge numbers, must be a real widowmaker if not TC can handle all that torque.
Old 02-14-2010, 10:03 AM
WhiteKnight
Intermediate

I think these are FVD turbos with swapped GT2 hot sides..

You can swap gt2 exhaust housing on 997tt turbos since the exhaust wheel is same in size.
Old 02-14-2010, 05:22 PM
GT
Instructor

With stock intervals its impossible to get more than 650-670hp with any gt2 modified vtg. With the proper internal mods (cams, cylinder heads etc) you can get more than real 700hp.
Old 02-14-2010, 08:45 PM
Tacet-Conundrum
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TB993tt
For a proper ECU "flash" program an engine in said configuration will have spent 2 days on an engine dyno having all parameters re done before being signed off. The cost of doing the first program for said configuration is about $8K US excluding the cost of engine dyno maintenance, recalibration etc...... I guess it depends how many of each program they sell which determines how much they charge..... and of course the quality of the program/reputation of the "flasher"
Well thank you, since you have put it that way. Helps bring it into better perspective for me.

Quick Reply: fvd turbos for 997 gt2