Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by canysmc
Um, the seats? Right?

hahahaha nice...
Old 02-07-2010, 05:47 PM
mental dental
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have had 2 cars with the CGT seats, a 997 GT3 clubsport and now our 997 RS. They are the most comfortable seats ever! 2 weeks after buying the GT3 we drove 1000 miles over 2 days to the South of France, and arrived feeling fine.

The seats are relatively narrow and low; and because they have no height adjustment my 5'4" wife sits on a cushion to get a better view when she drives. I'm 6'1" and the seats give me a perfect driving position.

With the 6-point harness on you really do feel part of the car.
Old 02-07-2010, 06:35 PM
Md11skipper
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by GrantG
The GT2 seats are definitely a little high, but remember that the GT3 gives about an inch of additional headroom compared to the C4S, thanks to the lack of sunroof.
I am not really concerned about the clearance of my head to the roof but much rather about the angle of my eyes over the instrument panel. I find myself looking farther forward in front of the car and drive a smoother line.
Next time you experience a bad landing in an airplane, there is a chance the pilot had his seat too high, there is some truth to it no kidding.

Originally Posted by mental dental
I have had 2 cars with the CGT seats, a 997 GT3 clubsport and now our 997 RS. They are the most comfortable seats ever! 2 weeks after buying the GT3 we drove 1000 miles over 2 days to the South of France, and arrived feeling fine.

Do you have full leather or alcantara cushions?

The seats are relatively narrow and low; and because they have no height adjustment my 5'4" wife sits on a cushion to get a better view when she drives. I'm 6'1" and the seats give me a perfect driving position.

With the 6-point harness on you really do feel part of the car.
Thanks, great feedback, I am more and more determined to get these seats. I can only imagine driving the car down to the Cote Azure will make anybody forget his behind and the associated pain there lol. Do you have to watch your car like a hawk to avoid having it stolen and or broken in? I remember on the Promenade des Angles in Nice I saw glass remains every 15 yards along the side walk.
Old 02-07-2010, 06:37 PM
Md11skipper
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by canysmc
Um, the seats? Right?

Where ever I slide into, lol.
Old 02-08-2010, 04:40 PM
mental dental
Advanced

Wink

Originally Posted by Md11skipper
Thanks, great feedback, I am more and more determined to get these seats. I can only imagine driving the car down to the Cote Azure will make anybody forget his behind and the associated pain there lol. Do you have to watch your car like a hawk to avoid having it stolen and or broken in? I remember on the Promenade des Angles in Nice I saw glass remains every 15 yards along the side walk.
No pain associated with the seats; honest! Wife often falls asleep in the passenger seat if my driving isn't too "spirited"!

We love driving through France; one of our best holidays was an organised tour to Cannes and back using as many backroads as possible. Only been to Nice airport so cannot comment on car crime there; but have often parked the GT3 or the RS in the harbour car park in St Tropez. Never had any trouble; just usually come back to the car with a crowd of Brits round it commenting on the fun we must have had driving down!

We've got the alcantara seats.

Last edited by mental dental; 02-08-2010 at 04:43 PM. Reason: spotted question hidden in my quoted reply!
Old 02-08-2010, 04:48 PM
Md11skipper
Rennlist Member

No pain associated with the seats; honest! Wife often falls asleep in the passenger seat if my driving isn't too "spirited"!

We love driving through France; one of our best holidays was an organised tour to Cannes and back using as many backroads as possible. Only been to Nice airport so cannot comment on car crime there; but have often parked the GT3 or the RS in the harbour car park in St Tropez. Never had any trouble; just usually come back to the car with a crowd of Brits round it commenting on the fun we must have had driving down!

We've got the alcantara seats.
France, yea this brings back old memories from my motorcycle days. Driving in France is absolutely one of the best in the world. South of Grenoble towards the coast, Pyrenees. End of the 80th when I rode my bike all around Europe esp. France the cops where more interested in having fun watching us fly by than giving us tickets. I think it has changed a bit since then but they still have a none hostile attitude towards spirited driving.
Old 02-08-2010, 05:33 PM
roberga
Nordschleife Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

if you have the GT2 seats, let me know if you sell them. I did buy your purple FIKSE back in 2004
Old 02-08-2010, 05:34 PM
mental dental
Advanced

Off topic I know! French police now much keener to do you for speeding, especially on autoroutes; and especially in N France closer to the ports back to England.

Just uploading a video clip that I think you'll enjoy!

Strangely I am going to look into shipping our RS over to the States for a driving holiday. Would love to drive Laguna Seca. Ideally drive San Francisco to New York; just wondering how many interesting roads there are inbetween?
Old 02-08-2010, 05:41 PM
Md11skipper
Rennlist Member

Off topic I know! French police now much keener to do you for speeding, especially on autoroutes; and especially in N France closer to the ports back to England.

Just uploading a video clip that I think you'll enjoy!

Strangely I am going to look into shipping our RS over to the States for a driving holiday. Would love to drive Laguna Seca. Ideally drive San Francisco to New York; just wondering how many interesting roads there are inbetween?
Great looking forward to the video.

Please plan on driving your car from L.A. to S.F. and north to Oregon on HWY 1, it's a must.

They do house exchanges, how about car exchanges for the holidays?
Old 02-08-2010, 05:47 PM
Md11skipper
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by roberga
if you have the GT2 seats, let me know if you sell them. I did buy your purple FIKSE back in 2004
Ha, what a small world. I remember selling my black Fikse's to a fellow with a GT3 but did not know it was you.

If I would have GT2 seats I would be quite happy now but I don't, I have the regular GT3 seats with deviated stitching in yellow.

I have a friend in Germany who is possibly able to get me the Gt3 club sport (CGT) seats, will see. I will check them out first with Ubercar, he has them in a green RS.
I plan on holding on to my car and want to make it a Euro club sport version. After all my money has to spent before I hit the dust lol.
Old 02-08-2010, 06:03 PM
cfjan
Rennlist Member

Received 33 Likes on 9 Posts

Would it be cheaper to buy from Germany?!
Old 02-08-2010, 06:20 PM
Md11skipper
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by cfjan
Would it be cheaper to buy from Germany?!
Hopefully due to connections, time will tell.
Old 02-08-2010, 06:23 PM
mental dental
Advanced

Originally Posted by Md11skipper
Great looking forward to the video.

Please plan on driving your car from L.A. to S.F. and north to Oregon on HWY 1, it's a must.

They do house exchanges, how about car exchanges for the holidays?
Drove HWY 1 from S.F. down to L.A. about 10 years ago in a typical US hire car...like driving a water-bed! Lovely stretch of road.

As promised! Driving through the Pyrenees National park on the holiday I mentioned before. The white GT3 was ours at the time; the lead orange RS is ours now!

http://vimeo.com/9303993
Old 02-08-2010, 06:39 PM
Md11skipper
Rennlist Member

Drove HWY 1 from S.F. down to L.A. about 10 years ago in a typical US hire car...like driving a water-bed! Lovely stretch of road.

As promised! Driving through the Pyrenees National park on the holiday I mentioned before. The white GT3 was ours at the time; the lead orange RS is ours now!

http://vimeo.com/9303993
Unfortunately this video takes permission to watch, can you make it public?
Old 02-09-2010, 04:39 PM
mental dental
Advanced

Try now! Tried to sort this out earlier using my cell phone but couldn't get access to the video settings.

Quick Reply: Need feedback on CGT Euro GT3 RS club sport seats